The Authoritative Final Fantasy & Bravely Default thread

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Figured I'd stop using the ff7 thread. I'm on a journey to beat all the FF games that I stopped near the end in my youth. Started with FFX and just beat that. Braskas final aeon was ridiculously hard so I cheese him with trio of 9999 and power break. Owned him. Great game to play on remaster.

Decided on x-2 next because I heard it was short. If you look past the girl power stuff it's actually pretty great game play. The combat system is so much faster and the dress sphere stuff is great. So far enjoying it.

Not sure if I should do 9 or 13-3 next. Heard 13-3 was shorter too so maybe that, and that way I can end on a high note with 9..

Still need it beat 12 but I was hoping We would get news of a remake before I got to it.

joz123

Potato del Grande
13-3 is only short if you skip the side-quests otherwise it takes a while if you want to do everything.

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
sorry for the necro but anyone still playing this? i have a few newb questions about the support ability system this site says, i can set M.defense 10% as my monks support abilitiy, but i can only equip it to the white mage, anyone able to explain that?
Also will i eventually hit Lakrika City, i already have white magic or w/e lvl 2, but no scrolls that i can find till lakrika

Is what i read

f you press A on support abilities, you will be taken to the passive ability slots. At the beginning of the game, you only have one slot, but this will increase to five eventually. Here, you can set any passive abilities you have learned from any of your current jobs, except for your current job's fixed ability. For example, the Monk is unable to set Knuckle Lore as a passive ability, but can set Divining Rod or M.Defense 10% Up.
(Also, this is the only way to activate passive abilities; the Freelancer may learn Divining Rod, but without setting it as a passive ability will never actually see it used.)

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Had to look up what you were talking about, apparently Bravely Default. Not sure what your problem is, it should be equippable fine. Maybe you're trying to equip it on another char? Each of your character has to level the classes to unlock the passives they want to use. If say Tiz is your Monk and Agnes your WHM, you will have to swap them, level Tiz to WHM level 2 to get Mdef 10% then switch back and then you can equip Mdef on Tiz as a monk. You need to unlock stuff on each char. That's what I'd assume is your problem, as I don't remember other limitations otherwise. That means at some point you'll have to do some grinding and switch roles around to learn a good amount of passives for everyone. It's kinda fun, making your builds and shit(you can also increase encounter rate to grind, makes it a lot less shitty).

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
I'm actually playing through FF-X on the PS4 and I forgot how rage inducing that first Blitzball game is. With all of the re-releases you'd think that someone would have said "Hey, let's tone that game down a notch." But I wasted 3 hours of my life trying to beat it and haven't yet. This is the first time I've had this much trouble with it and I had to walk away before smashing my controller. I know the strategy to win but there are games where you, literally, have no chance. Games where you don't even get to touch the ball the entire game.

Along the same lines with this many versions and releases you'd think they'd have added the ability to skip cutscenes in...

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I played the one game or whatever you were required to play and said fuck this. I don't have time to waste on a shitty mini game, even if that neuters Wakka and tidus throughout the game.

Even more rage inducing was getting tidus ultimate weapon. That chocobo race made me want to toss my controller onto the highway but I actually got it after a few hours.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Chocobo race wasn't that bad once you got the hang of it, and I don't remember the first blitzball game being that bad. Think I got it on the second try. I never did finish that lightning strike shit though, fuck that. It's not fun or challenging, it's just tedious and monotonous

Nester

Vyemm Raider
I am really enjoying FF Type 0 atm. This should have been ff13!!

Has anyone played the NG+ yet? is it worth it? does not look like anything more than higher level missions.

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
New Game+ Agito mode is the original versions hardest difficultly that was released only in Japan

And it is murder, you can still out level everything if you want, but the beginning is very slow.

Siliconemelons

I played the one game or whatever you were required to play and said fuck this. I don't have time to waste on a shitty mini game, even if that neuters Wakka and tidus throughout the game.

Even more rage inducing was getting tidus ultimate weapon. That chocobo race made me want to toss my controller onto the highway but I actually got it after a few hours.
Same, and same for the card game in 9- I liked that it gave you an option to essentially skip it.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Even though I own the originals of both FFX & FFX-2, I purchased the HD remaster back when it first came out. Unfortunately, I still haven't played it, and I packed all of my games up for my coming move. They're currently in a PODS container, so I couldn't easily get them. That said, I'm leaving for Hawaii in another week and I saw that the remaster was available for the PS Vita. It was only $22 on Amazon, so I snagged it. Now I have something to keep me entertained on the 11 hour flight both directions. Good stuff.

Just in case I get bored, I'll also reactivate my PS+ membership so I can use the good games that I'm currently unable to use. Neat.

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
I'll wait for reviews. "Monster Hunter" is not a selling point for me. If it's like the DS Crystal Chronicles games, though, then I'm down.

cyrusreij

Trakanon Raider
While I love both Monster Hunter and the class system of Final Fantasy, it will be interesting to see if those two things play nice together. I too am waiting on reviews as the only game play was a dev walk through where they were clearly over geared and just face rolled a bunch of shit and made it look horribly boring. Part of the joy of Monster Hunter is the end game difficulty, this game needs to prove it has that and not just a tedious, yet easy, gear grind.

Especially with only 12 Eidolons to fight...

spronk

FPS noob
demo code for NA Bravely Second, redeem on 3DS e-store by 3/10 i think. you can play it like 20 or 100 times or some shit, its like the bravely default demo and if you play enough some stuff will carry over to your real game. these demo codes came with best buy GCU, I just have two GCU accounts

B0JXB4545KMQYT1J

Fadaar

That guy
Had to go digging for this thread -- anyone ever play the International Zodiac version of FF12? Downloaded it for shits and giggles and because I'm really bored. Curious about thoughts.

Fadaar

That guy
Had to go digging for this thread -- anyone ever play the International Zodiac version of FF12? Downloaded it for shits and giggles and because I'm really bored. Curious about thoughts.
Oh Square you assholes. IZJS version has O as the default use/select button. Just to make sure I wasn't crazy loaded the US .iso and sure enough it's X. Worst part is you can't even remap the buttons in game, had to use ds4windows to do it.