The Authoritative Final Fantasy & Bravely Default thread

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
I'm one of those weird people who actually like Blitzball and got pretty good at it.

The first thing to keep in mind is that the first few games are brutal and you will lose.
Nah, you're not the only one who finds it fun. My god, it took me a while to win that first game against the Al Bhed, but once you do, you're home free. Never lost a game and only 1 point against for the rest of my entire run through (and that was because I was trying to learn a tech and needed them to shoot).

Winning the first one basically requires Jecht Shot and a whole lot of luck, though.

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
It's really been awhile since I've played through X. I forgot about the pretty significant difficulty jump you get when you reach the Calm Lands. And I also remember hating Chocobo racing. Fuck Chocobo racing. Fuck it hard. Took me about 2 hours to get Tidus his crest from that stupid mini game this time around which is about average for me. It's just so frustrating.

Also I forgot how stupid the boss fight on Mt. Gagazet is. I don't think I've ever beat it legit and I'm not even sure that it's possible really without massive overleveling it. I used the same strategy that I've always used: Go around and build the overdrive gauge for each Aeon and then chain summon them one after another until he dies. I've always thought it was a stupid fight.

turbo

Molten Core Raider
Is Bravery Default good enough to warrant buying a 3DS or whatever the fuck they are called now days? I own a vita that while pretty damn nifty I only use infrequently. 90% of the games I have interest in are usually RPG/strategy games and sports (i won't play a sport game on a hand held sorry). Vita hasn't given me to many new games that made me happy with the purchase so far outside of playing FFT and some old FF games. Well actually I replayed Disgaea that I own for PS3 on it when it came out and loved it all over again.

Really, REALLY itching for a good game that has good character development and lets me sink some time into it. I've been filling my MMO void with DoC (might and magic) as a competitive outlet of sorts but still need something to play when I need a break. FF3 & FFT were 2 of the top 5 all time games for me since 1991 so if its anything close to a spiritual successes to those its probably worth the purchase. Hell its cheaper to buy a system then probably go out for one night so i'll be money ahead if it keeps my interest a few nights.

turbo

Molten Core Raider
Last Zelda I played was the original....I was a 2nd grader and I went into the bathroom in the classroom, splashed water on my pants and came out fake crying. My teacher called my mom and brought me home and I stayed at home all day playing it. Smoked that bitch! I was a damn smart wee little lad if I may say so myself.

Next business trip I take I think i'll go buy one.

(actually I lied, I played Link 2 as well, had a few rage episodes on that as a child)

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
Walmart had a bundle where you got two crappy games, a 3DS XL and a download voucher for Legend of Zelda. I, basically, bought a 3DS just for Bravely Default too. I played Zelda and it was actually pretty awesome. Bravely Default is good but it hasn't hooked me the way other games have. It's pretty hard though and it has a lot of depth to it.

Doesn't look like the Bundle I got is around any longer though. They do have a couple bundles but nothing as good as the Legend of Zelda one a few months back.

Crell_sl

shitlord
Still playing through FFX HD, just got to Evrae. Is it just me, or is this fight a lot easier than I remember? I remember banging my head against a wall when I first fought him on the PS2, but I managed to beat him easily in the remake. Only Tidus got KOed, but that was mostly due to me being drunk and not paying that much attention.

My guys aren't overpowered either. Mostly just haven't skipped a random fight, no grinding or anything. Didn't know or look up a strat. either, just winged it the entire time.

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
I'm in the last area of FFX now.

The very first time I played through, I did everything pretty legitimate. I didn't avoid fights but I really didn't spend much time grinding (except for the one Seymour battle). I didn't do any of the side quests either. So when I reached the final boss, it was REALLY tough. It took me 3 times to beat I think. Then I went around and did some sidequests and was shocked at how quickly you can become overpowered. Just getting Anima pretty much will make the rest of the game trivial.

This was actually the first time playing the game I got Auron's Masamune fully upgraded. It's not hard but just time consuming. I've still never gotten the Spirit Lance or Wakka's ultimate. I might give it a go later on but right now I'm in "beat the game and replay FFX-2" mode.

TrollfaceDeux

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Bronze Donator>
i don't remember much but there is a way to get more than 9999 hp and 9999 hits. I didn't do that and I got fucked when doing other monster quests lol. i didn't know a lot of English, so didn't have any guide and shit. didn't even know how to "recruit" other members for blitzball team after 2 replays. my original wakka's team got buffed to fuck and basically I pass the ball to Tidus every time and score 1 goal every time....got everything done and stuff.

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
I just started X-2 HD. I'm using the guide for 100% since I've beaten it years ago and am not too worried about spoilers. Game is beautiful in HD.

colossalFISH

Silver Knight of the Realm
Is FFX-2 100% possible in one playthrough? I've never got a definitive answer to this question. Some say it's impossible, yet there are gamefaq guides out there that claim 100% is possible in a single playthrough. The best completion i ever got was 97% and I did a new game + and gave the sphere to the other faction and i was expecting to get at least 1% but when i saved it still said 97% so i said fuck it.

It's one of the worst games to 100% complete anyway. That retarded comm sphere garbage is coma inducing and that dumb mi'hen highroad mystery that you have to solve and if you make one little insignificant mistake, LOL NO 100% FOR YOU.

colossalFISH

Silver Knight of the Realm
Well reading that FAQ just reminded me how gay it was to obtain 100%. I mean you can fuck it up within the first 5 minutes if you don't detour and speak to the moogle for starters. The entire fucking game is that like that. I'll do it when i get the HD though. My drive to obtain trophies is strong.

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
It's possible to 100% it in one play but it's VERY hard to do. A single screw up and you won't make it. You really weren't meant to complete 100% the first time through. You were "supposed" to get in the 90% range and play it again on a NG+ and choose the other faction to see the full story and get your 100% that way.

If I make it 100% in a single play, I'll be happy. If I screw up somewhere, I'll burn that bridge when I get to it. Not sure how much more Final Fantasy I can take after playing through Lightning Returns and FF X in the last couple of months.

Adam12

Molten Core Raider
It's not hard at all if you use the guide. The guide Sean posted even has save point .0%'s pretty often so you can check your progress.