The Bear

Ossoi

Potato del Grande
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
I am going to attempt season 1, for the third time, shortly.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
It's a show I like but don't love. The characters are interesting and get more layers in the second season but I don't know how much longer they can be full of so much drama without it feeling like things are running in place.

Part of it is I really have a hard time identifying with the sacrificial nature of the main characters merely in the pursuit of making food.

Also, Ayo Edebiri's giant front teeth are distracting, heh.

Penance

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I am going to attempt season 1, for the third time, shortly.
GIF by Giphy QA

Penance

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I loved the first season. Reminded me alot of my first few jobs. Still haven't seen the second season but plan to one day.

spronk

FPS noob

all 10 episodes are dropping this week.

i slept on the bear, my wife half wanted to watch and usually we don't have the time together but with season 3 dropping we've been watching 1-2 episodes a week for a month now. I really enjoyed season 1 but it wasn't crazy amazing or anything, just really good TV.

season 2 though. Jesus christ. I was kinda cool on the season after 4-5 episodes, not loving the "breadth" (so many tangents/side stories) of the season but the 7 Fishes episode has to be one of the most amazing hours of television I have really ever seen with an insane guest star list. Don't like to make snap judgements right after watching an episode but what an hour of TV, I think the Emmys for season 2 take place this year so it'll be interesting to see what happens there.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Jimbolini

Semi-pro Monopoly player
Solid first few episodes of season 3.

I won't be able to finish until tomorrow, but I have enjoyed it so far.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
First episode is a strange, cerebral flashback with bits and pieces of what happened after the soft opening. Its... weird

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Yeah, it's well put together, but looking forward to getting back to the standard format.

Xevy

Log Wizard
It's crazy how good Jamie Lee Curtis is as an actor. She won that Oscar and everyone was upset, but shit like this proves she's earned it. Maybe not for what she won it for, but she definitely deserved it.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Jimbolini

Semi-pro Monopoly player
Holy shit yes she did!

Excellent season, exactly what I was looking for. Everything was slowed and focus on characters backrounds.

As a small restaurant owner, two silly observations.

1. Break down your !@%$ boxes!! (I have stood in a dumpster having to break them down and it is not fun)

2. In the history of going to Restaurant Depot, it has never been that clean or slow. lol

Last edited:

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
We watched the first episode last night and my wife hated it. I think because it was very disjointed and hard to follow what was present versus flashback, and then when the events were happening in relation to each other.

I thought it was decent but I enjoy character pieces. Which is probably why I liked that Richie stage episode in season 2 so much. And the Marcus one in Copenhagen.

• 1Like

Kalaar kururuc

Grumpy old man
I didn't worry about exact timeline, I just took it all as Cammy off to learn cheffing, then being at various places, Olivia Coleman being strict but nice and encouraging, and Joel McHale being an a-hole.

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
First episode is a strange, cerebral flashback with bits and pieces of what happened after the soft opening. Its... weird

I fucking hated it, couldn't finish it.

Way too long, and the background music was like an irritating noise buzzing in my head for 25 minutes straight (before I shut it off).

Fucking terrible.

• 2Like
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 2 users

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
My least favorite season, I preferred the day to day grind and progression of the cast and the shop like it was in the first two seasons.

It's still great, from the acting to how it is produced, just not sure i'll ever be very interested in re-watching this season like I am the first 2.

Xevy

Log Wizard
It was like 30% about "The Bear" and 70% about each individual character this season. On one hand, it's nice not having "X WENT WRONG!!!" every episode for the restaurant, on the other hand it felt a little too invested in other characters. The Fak stuff, while funny, is getting a little over the top this season. I like the cameos and stuff, but it's like everything is relatively grounded in the real world then you have fucking Looney Toons characters walking around. I also would like to know Ibrahim's backstory out of any of the secondary cast, because that dude says some wild shit about his past.

Hopefully season 4 (second half of season 3??!?) is more restaurant focused which the end of episode 10 made it seem like it should be.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I just really don't care for flashbacks as a narrative tool. They're almost always overused, drag on to long, and repeat things the audience already knows ad nauseum. We already know Carms history, the first episode was just pedantic and was basically an entire wasted episode of recap.

It wasn't "bad" it was just unnecessary filler. Just like the other flashbacks throughout the season.

Ossoi

Potato del Grande
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
I finally finished season 1 after saying I would re attempt it on 1 June, it felt like longer ago. This show is average at best, at no point has it ever grabbed me.

• 1Garbage