The Beer Thread

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
Marina.jpg

Of all the Wicked Weed sours I've had this has been my least favorite. It's not nearly as balanced as the others. No real peach or apricot flavors to speak of. They haven't disappointed me often but this one didn't live up to the standard they've established for themselves.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
I joined Tavour this month, and I have close to 30 beers being shipped in a few days. I think I may have overdone it!

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Forgot to mention... going to denver tomorrow until Saturday afternoon. In meetings all day, but have the evenings free. Any suggestions on breweries to hit? I'm taking a brit expat with me, but he's up for trying most things. Obviously we'll hit falling rock just to go there, but I was thinking crooked stave and trve and great divide.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I think the building Crooked Stave is in is cooler than the brewery. Not knocking on the brewery. But that market is awesome.

I think it's hard to beat Falling Rock due to their huge selection.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
I think the building Crooked Stave is in is cooler than the brewery. Not knocking on the brewery. But that market is awesome.

I think it's hard to beat Falling Rock due to their huge selection.
Yeah, the place crooked stave in is cool, I was there a few years ago right after CS moved in. I was wondering where river north moved to.

Pemulis

Not Woke
<Bronze Donator>
KBS went up for sale today in my area. First place I stopped had both sizes, max limit of one large and one small per person. I'll probably hit at least one more place later to get the equivalent of a four pack.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
KBS here was selling $37 for a four pack. I could not justify it, despite wanting to try it for years...

brekk

Dancing Dino Superstar
<Bronze Donator>
Roommate and I just got 5gal keg #2 and a new burner from northernbrewer.com

Gonna be a good year for brewing.

• 1Like

Haast

Lord Nagafen Raider
KBS went up for sale today in my area. First place I stopped had both sizes, max limit of one large and one small per person. I'll probably hit at least one more place later to get the equivalent of a four pack.

I was able to find some. It's still a bit hot, though it isn't bad.

If you only got a small amount, I'd hold on to it for 6-12 months before drinking.

• 1Like

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
I'm almost through all of the beer that I got delivered from Tavour last month, and I totally forgot to review any of them. But I am sitting here sipping this one right now, and it is absolutely fucking delicious. I mean one of the best Imperial IPA's I've had in a long time.

Edit: Whoops. Had an email address in the background of the pic. Let me get a new one

There we go

auWUoh8.jpg

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Grumpus

Molten Core Raider
Does anyone know of a company that will ship your tasty America beers to Canada.

I feel left out up here. Although I feel like I have some top notch local breweries on Vancouver Island I think you guys in the states have a muchance broder selection.

My sister owns a liquor store and her and her business partner don't drink so I get every sample that comes through the place and have really been hooked on trying every beer I can get my hands on. I have got her to start ordering from some small breweries around where I live to great success.

Last edited:

kudos

<Banned>
Does anyone know of a company that will ship your tasty America beers to Canada.

I feel left out up here. Although I feel like I have some top notch local breweries on Vancouver Island I think you guys in the states have a muchance broder selection.

My sister owns a liquor store and here and her business partner don't drink so I get every sample that comes through the place and have really been hooked on trying every beer I can get my hands on. I have got her to start ordering from some small breweries around where I live to great success.

Remember when Canada used to give the US a lot of shit about their beer?

Pemulis

Not Woke
<Bronze Donator>
I was able to find some. It's still a bit hot, though it isn't bad.

If you only got a small amount, I'd hold on to it for 6-12 months before drinking.
I ended up with three big bottles and 1 12 oz. I cracked the 12 with some friends when we were going through the last four firestone walker anniversary releases a few weeks ago. Totally agree with you; needs a few months to mellow out.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I'm almost through all of the beer that I got delivered from Tavour last month, and I totally forgot to review any of them. But I am sitting here sipping this one right now, and it is absolutely fucking delicious. I mean one of the best Imperial IPA's I've had in a long time.

I'm really a big fan of the NE IPA craze. Starting to see them all over the place. Drake's even has their own now. Tried it yesterday at the Dealership in Oakland.

Haast

Lord Nagafen Raider
I've been on a Czech Pils kick lately, specifically Pilsner Urquell in the 0.5 liter cans. Perfect session beer for the summer.

What's everyone else's easy drinking choice this summer?