The Beer Thread

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
The ramped up production of their acquisitions also makes some specific ingredients harder to come by for the smaller operations.
I'm assuming specific hop varietals in this case?

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Fwiw, don't ever drink a black Cadillac, even if it's free. Fucking sugary garbage shot. Cafe patron and baileys or something similar.

Gonna get that pint of EW and pint of Wild Turkey to compare tonight.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

bralkan

The old ways are still best
Picked up two Goose Island Bourbon County the other day...Had to taste one.

So very good.

DSC_0266-1024x683.jpg

Goose Island Brewing Company

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
So I got roped into some prospect dinner bullshit while I was in Orange County but I did manage to hit up Bruery about 40 min before they closed. They have way more beers there than I ever could have imagined. Enjoyed most, but Or Xata is still champion for me.

bralkan

The old ways are still best
Those look fancy. I didn't know they were brewing anything like that. I only ever see the IPA (and maybe a Pilsner?) from them up here.

I had to ask for them. They are a limited release - if you have a decent shop, see if they have any. Some of the shops make it out to be something like a Rip Van Winkle.

Probably one of the best beers I've ever had, easily.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
I had to ask for them. They are a limited release - if you have a decent shop, see if they have any. Some of the shops make it out to be something like a Rip Van Winkle.

Probably one of the best beers I've ever had, easily.
They're released only on the friday after thanksgiving, and don't often get rereleased (never by GI, sometimes by the individual liquor stores if they held them). There's normally a line to buy them, and they often sell out within a few hours.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

ToeMissile

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
So I got roped into some prospect dinner bullshit while I was in Orange County but I did manage to hit up Bruery about 40 min before they closed. They have way more beers there than I ever could have imagined. Enjoyed most, but Or Xata is still champion for me.
Yeah, they always have a bunch of stuff on tap that doesn't get distributed. I don't like everything I try, but always at least appreciate what they're going for.

What else did you try?

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
The Oude Tart, coffee stout (excellent), and some lemongrass tea one that wasn't very good. The rest were great though. Wish I had more time to spend there. And that you don't have to drive there.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Ok, I've had a few separate and distinct lighter coffee beers (First Call | Modist Brewing Co. and Calm Before The Storm | Ballast Point Brewing Company and Banshee Cutter | Insight Brewing)... is this a thing nationally or just locally (one from San Diego, two more from Minneapolis)? I'm not sad, as I love all of them. They're just baffling when you taste them and then look at them. See-through yellow beer with a hard coffee taste. I feel like they should be dark and obfuscatory, but there isn't any hard malt background in them.

ToeMissile

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
The Oude Tart, coffee stout (excellent), and some lemongrass tea one that wasn't very good. The rest were great though. Wish I had more time to spend there. And that you don't have to drive there.
Not sure if i've had Oude Tart yet.
coffee stout = Mocha Wednesday? I have a bottle from last year I have yet to open.
Hadn't heard a tea flavored beer by them.

They opened a second location for their wild/sours/etc down in Anaheim I think, would save you some driving time. Bruery Terreux | Tasting Room

Szeth

Trakanon Raider
Ahh ok - I do agree that bourbon county is amazing. It's really the industry standard (minus last years fuck up) for a good thick, rich barrel aged stout.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Forgot to place my preorder for Founders KBS this year. Only one local store gets it and they all get claimed before release. Meh.

Still have never tried it, been trying to get some for years. I even live in Michigan, but on the wrong side of the mitten for ideal Founders distribution density.

Picasso3

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Ok, I've had a few separate and distinct lighter coffee beers (First Call | Modist Brewing Co. and Calm Before The Storm | Ballast Point Brewing Company and Banshee Cutter | Insight Brewing)... is this a thing nationally or just locally (one from San Diego, two more from Minneapolis)? I'm not sad, as I love all of them. They're just baffling when you taste them and then look at them. See-through yellow beer with a hard coffee taste. I feel like they should be dark and obfuscatory, but there isn't any hard malt background in them.

Local brewery here had one briefly, it was v good but def weird flavor vs look

Pemulis

Not Woke
<Bronze Donator>
Kbs is definitely worth the hype. I saw Founders is selling it this year in 750 ml bottles as well