The Beer Thread

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Think we had that particular one in '09 or so? Good eye, wow.
You get any of the fulton barelywine this weekend or the indeed rum king? I missed out, but I have a few spare bottles of Darkness to trade.

jeydax

Death and Taxes
Let me ask a couple dudes from my wiffle ball league if they have any to swap. I got invited to go but I had my company holiday party so I couldn't go.

jeydax

Death and Taxes
Big map of the breweries in the US (didn't see this posted on the last couple pages):

Larger version:http://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/021..._0113.jpg?5143
Sauce:Pop Chart Lab --> Design + Data = Delight --> The Bountiful Breweries of the United States of America

Also a quick link for the Minnesota (or western 'sconnie dudes):VOICE Daily Deals - $25 for a General Admission Ticket to Firkin Fest 2014 at the Happy Gnome

rrr_img_56567.jpg

McQueen

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I just picked up a six pack of Bell's Hopslam this afternoon, fresh off the truck from the brewery.

Izo

Tranny Chaser
leff.jpg

Goes really well with sunshine and scantily clad women. Well, it started snowing yesterday anyway. Cheers!

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
That map is weird... the MN section has Schell's twice (and in the wrong spot on one of them), and in Denver Strange is in the wrong location. I didn't even see multiple Stone locations.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
Yeah, the map is missing some major microbreweries, like Schlafly in ST Louis. I'm pretty sure it's top 20 or so in size in the country.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Picked up some Left Hand Milk Stout. Pretty good stuff. What else should I be looking for in the same vein?

jeydax

Death and Taxes
Really? I wasn't a big fan of the ST Creme Brulee. Sam Adam's Cream was OK. Ditto to Tall Grass. Cafe Con Leche Stout from Cigar is stellar, as was Surly Four (quite possibly one of the best beer I've ever had, wish they'd bring it back).

Word on Schafly: I've had many of their beers and was impressed with very few of them.

Ichu

Molten Core Raider
La Vache Folle is has been my favourite milk stout. I couldn't find whether it was available in the States with 10 seconds of googling, but is it widely available in Canada so I would keep an eye out.

133_b.jpg

jeydax

Death and Taxes
If you like oatmeal or chocolate stouts or vanilla (etc) porters I'm sure you'd like them.

Am I the only person who likes Left Hand's normal Milk Stout over their Nitro version?

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I will look for those, thanks for the suggestion.

I didn't even know they made a non-Nitro version. This was at Whole Foods so the beer selection is pretty limited.

Did someone recently say Old Rasputin is good because I almost bought a six pack of that thinking it was recommended here...

jeydax

Death and Taxes
^ agreed. Excellent beer. Not sure it would be in my top 5 but definitely would recommend it. Go buy the 6 pack.