The Beer Thread

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Boston? Isn't Trillium out there? They've got to have a stout or two.

Part of the problem is that most of the places do "special releases" for their big deal beers, so unless you go wait in line for them at a festival/release, you don't get them.

Personally, I'm fucking tired of it, so I've retreated to Dragon's Milk, Old Rasputin, and Worthy Adversary/War & Peace. I can find them everywhere and the Old Rasputin is one of the best values around.

Fiftyfour

Golden Knight of the Realm
If you can't find Toppling Goliath's Pseudo Sue, there's zero chance you'll ever see KBBS.

You could try to get some stuff to trade for it, but caveat emptor.
If you don't reside in Iowa or the Twin Cities (and probably some parts of Wisconsin) you won't be finding any Toppling Goliath beer. From what I have gathered they're a very small operation who just in the last year or so opened up distribution to parts of Wisconsin and Minnesota. For those of us living in Minnesota the chances of anyone finding their beer outside of the Twin Cities is also slim to none since they signed with Johnson Brothers. I believe their beer division is called Artisan and quite frankly they suck. Been 5 years at my current establishment and never even met the rep for my area. Which is a shame since I've heard nothing but good things about Toppling Goliath's beer.

Pemulis

Not Woke
<Bronze Donator>
Founders Kentucky breakfast stout is just getting bottled, and it's best in class as far as I'm concerned. Lagunitas cappuccino stout is pretty widely available and a good lesser alternative

Szeth

Trakanon Raider
Xocoveza is easily my favorite stout that hit shelves reasonably easily to find. It is seasonal so not sure there's any left.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Xocoveza is easily my favorite stout that hit shelves reasonably easily to find. It is seasonal so not sure there's any left.
I didn't believe my friends' ravings until after I tried it. It's worthy of the hype.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Yep. Big fan of this one.

Managed to get some Pliny the Younger. Probably won't wait for it ever again, but I'm glad I got to try it. They really let you get your fill. Three per person. However, Shadow of a Doubt is now my favorite Russian River brew. Probably the best porter I've ever had.

If any of you make it to Santa Rosa, check out Third Street Aleworks.

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
I was stocking up for Superbowl Sunday and I came across a Devil's Backbone Collaboration Sampler 12 Pack and decided to give it a whirl. It had 2 of DB's Vienna Lager in it but the rest were:

ipad_one_up_thumb_aapost.png
Australian.jpg

AnotherKindofState.jpg
Seven-Summits.jpg
Risen.jpg

Another State Of Kind was my favorite. I don't go in for hoppy beers at all, but that one had none of the bitterness you usually get with those and had a slightly sweet, almost pineapple like finish. I'd buy that one on the regular if it was available by itself. All of them were solid. The Vienna Lager get's outshined badly though.

Pemulis

Not Woke
<Bronze Donator>
Xocoveza was sold out in my area within the first day. One place held some in the back for a holiday sale and sold it as singles. Definitely on my list of must buys next time around. Seems like any of the big name, limited release stouts sell out almost instantly. Last year you could find Epic Big Bad Baptist a few weeks after it hit shelves, and this year you couldn't find it after one week. That's one of my absolute favorites

Siliconemelons

Henry's Hard Soda...

I got orange cream and ginger ale.

Orange is what you expect- Fanta with an alcohol taste and slightly sour orange like typical with alcohol citrus.

GingerAle is awesome- tastes like an expensive mixed ginger and agave drink I had once and loved.

ToeMissile

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
After not your fathers root beer I'm so hesitant
I finally got around to trying this about a month or so ago. Way too much licorice flavor for my taste. Their ginger ale was pretty good though, maybe a little on the strong side to drink much of it solo, but definitely makes a great mixer.

I shared the Colonel Kernel with some friends at a poker/cards night on Friday, very well received. I don't drink much of anything over 10%, so at 14.8 this was a little alcohol forward.

Siliconemelons

After not your fathers root beer I'm so hesitant
I did not care for the not your fathers root beer because it just was not "what I wanted it to be" - I wanted it to be essentially a Mug/A&W whatever with alcohol - but it was more of a deep craft "real mans!" root beer that is very strong in the spices- also I made a float out of it once and to me it nullified the real flavors of the drink and it was not good... Suppose Kahlua has its place still! lol.

The Orange and Ginger Ale are imo way better than the root beer.... but its a different brand- after the not your fathers root beer, I didn't want to try their ginger as ginger is a VERY steep edge, go over and its just too much and disgusting and its easy to do- after how spice centric the root beer was I just assumed that they would be over what I liked on ginger. But I am happy I did give it a shot on Henry's (it was bogo) as the orange is enjoyable and the ginger ale just hits a note for me so I love it lol.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
This Lagunitas Undercover isn't bad stuff. Not specifically related to Lagunitas but for some reason Arkansas is starting to get more and more varied stuff in. Not sure if we just got a local distributor that cares, breweries are just distributing further, or a combination it all. But it is nice. We couldn't even get Lagunitas here until some time late last year.

Fifey

Trakanon Raider
Xadion, I tried to make a float out of the NYF root beer and had to dump half of it cause it was too sugary. It's just not good.

Also, Khane, if you are still looking for mass rodiced Cascadia dark lagers, I just saw a new Gigantic brewing one that should be easy enough to find, haven't tried it yet though.