The Big Bad Console Thread - Sway your Station with an Xboner !

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
Let's see. I had a NES, then a SNES and Genesis and Gameboy, then a N64, then a PS1, then a PS2, then a Gamecube, then a Wii, then a X360, then a PS3, and now a PS4. Next week I'll also have a 3DS XL.
Oh thats right. We also have a Gamecube and a PS2. Forgot about those. And the Atari Jaguar I bought on Ebay for 10 bucks as a fun to have item.

Am I the only person who got a 3DO?
Haha sucker
smile.png
Trip Hawkins says thanks for the boat payment. (Wing Commander was fun on that system though)

Nola

Trakanon Raider
Let's see. I had a NES, then a SNES and Genesis and Gameboy, then a N64, then a PS1, then a PS2, then a Gamecube, then a Wii, then a X360, then a PS3, and now a PS4. Next week I'll also have a 3DS XL.
No PS Vita? Thought you would of owned one.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Only systems I haven't owned were basically the Segas because I just didn't really care about Sega that much until I realized they had a bad ass D&D game on their console.

Didn't have a 3do either.

We had an atari 2600 that never got played, then an NES but didn't really realize how much I liked video games till my dad got me legend of zelda for my 8th birthday.

Holy shit that game was like injecting heroin.

Instant addiction.

Nester

Vyemm Raider
Went to target at lunch, they had a ton still, but man, the current games out do nothing for me. Had one in my hand, walked away without.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Only systems I haven't owned were basically the Segas because I just didn't really care about Sega that much until I realized they had a bad ass D&D game on their console.

Didn't have a 3do either.

We had an atari 2600 that never got played, then an NES but didn't really realize how much I liked video games till my dad got me legend of zelda for my 8th birthday.

Holy shit that game was like injecting heroin.

Instant addiction.
Sega + Sega channel = happy childhood. I put so many hours into megaman/road rash Until n64s came out.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
little slower than usual but mine finally showed up just now.

Sega + Sega channel = happy childhood. I put so many hours into megaman/road rash Until n64s came out.
Once I sat down and really played a sega (borrowed one from a friend) I really wanted one but that was towards the end of its lifespan.

Sega was a great company just my parents weren't super excited with me having one console after awhile, much less two lol.

Fucking religion.

update: System seems to be working fine, all in order, updating not an issue either so far.

Fadaar

That guy
Have you checked with another HDMI cable? Have you checked if the HDMI connector is not damaged?
I can't see any problems with the connection on the console itself. Tried all 4 inputs on my TV along with 5 different cables, nothing worked. Also tried my computer monitors along with my roommate's TV. Shit's busted yo. On the phone with Sony's customer support and the guy said a large chunk of the calls they're getting for bad PS4's today are from Amazon.

spronk

FPS noob
no #swagass Neo Geos? not down with $250 game cartridges? what are you casuals?
i still have an atari lynx, that game with the green gloop was my best friend growing up. sad thing was that I choose poorly, everyone else was playing gameboy and pokemon and shit and I was the retard with the handheld that was bigger than me (BUT IT WAS IN COLOR!). my parents taught me a valuable lesson though, by refusing to buy me another system for years and years they taught me how to choose wisely and not fall for flashy graphics and big attachments.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Goddamit Amazon, we told you to stop letting the workers jizz in the hdmi ports.

YOU HAD ONE JOB AMAZON

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
I know it's not a masterpiece, but me and my wife played knack co-op for like an hour and had fun.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Oh, and the ps4 makes as much noise as my fat ps3. Wtf

And the ps store still has slow downs. They really need to redesign that piece of shit if their new console can't even run it without frame rate drops

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
My ps4 is working fine so far knock on wood but the HDMI connector thing appears to be an actual issue people are having. So I feel sorry for them.

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Stupid Newegg. I willhopefullyreceive mine tomorrow since Fedex does delivery on Saturdays. If not, some poor customer service sap is going to feel my wrath.

Szlia

i still have an atari lynx, that game with the green gloop was my best friend growing up. sad thing was that I choose poorly, everyone else was playing gameboy and pokemon and shit and I was the retard with the handheld that was bigger than me (BUT IT WAS IN COLOR!). my parents taught me a valuable lesson though, by refusing to buy me another system for years and years they taught me how to choose wisely and not fall for flashy graphics and big attachments.
Slime World or more precisely, Todd's Adventures in Slime World.

Never got a Lynx back then (too expensive, too big, too few games and 8764854 batteries for 4 seconds of play). Still don't have one (or a Lynx 2 for that matter), but my handheld collection is anemic.

Got a 3DO and Neo Geo though, but both were late 2nd hand purchases for my personal archive. The 3DO only had two good games I can think of: Policenauts (jp only) and some Street Fighter game. Oh and Fifa because of the groundbreaking 'just like TV' camera work.