The Big Bad Console Thread - Sway your Station with an Xboner !

Phaenos_sl

shitlord
Let's hear more reviews. What do people think of the updated graphics?
I'm probably an outlier. I haven't really had a game-worthy PC in nearly a decade now, and do near all of my gaming on consoles/handhelds. The jump from games I consider to be the absolute best of the best on the PS3 (Last of Us, Beyond: Two Souls), to what I'm seeing in Killzone on the PS4 so far has been impressive. Taken with that context and without getting into the PC vs. Console argument (since it's really a non-starter for someone like myself) - I'm quite happy with the generational jump, and this is only the beginning.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Kicked it with killzone for a bit just now.

Its definitely 1080p and really graphically stunning. Story seemed alright for the first 15 minutes or so. I'm trying to install AC4 and a bunch of other shit and just sorta exploring menus. Oh, pressed ps button and hopped out of Killzone to set up a download, then went right back in, picks up right where you left off, no closing the app needed. Really fast load times.

First impressions for me are all A+.

I have a pretty decent gaming rig even though the processor is aging a bit now and the graphics are comparable I'd say. I mean probably my pc puts out better visual fidelity but if it does its going to take someone with better eyes than my own to see it.

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
/\ hodj do you play high end PC games as well? Curious what killzone on ps4 would look like compared to say crysis 3 on PC.

I'm probably an outlier. I haven't really had a game-worthy PC in nearly a decade now, and do near all of my gaming on consoles/handhelds. The jump from games I consider to be the absolute best of the best on the PS3 (Last of Us, Beyond: Two Souls), to what I'm seeing in Killzone on the PS4 so far has been impressive. Taken with that context and without getting into the PC vs. Console argument (since it's really a non-starter for someone like myself) - I'm quite happy with the generational jump, and this is only the beginning.
Fair enough. I like to see this. At least it isn't a waste.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
/\ hodj do you play high end PC games as well? Curious what killzone on ps4 would look like compared to say crysis 3 on PC.

Fair enough. I like to see this. At least it isn't a waste.
Well I didn't play Crysis 3 because after Crysis 2 which I felt was disappointing, I didn't buy it. But I'd say compared to...let me think of something I've played recently like Batman Arkham Origins I'd say its pretty comparable. Maybe the AA isn't cranked as high. Really I was pretty impressed with Killzone's graphics. I'm not going to overblow and be like OH MY GOD ITS THE BEST THING IVE EVER SEEN IN MY LIFE but I wasn't disappointed in what I saw.

I'd say I am disappointed with the playstation network being creamed right now but that was to be expected. That's why I didn't just buy my launch titles on it. But not gonna be playing AC4 on the thing tonight that's for sure because gotta download the upgrade and updates and shit for it and its just not happening right now.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
I kinda wish I bought one just so I could rub it in all the little kids faces at my daughter's bus stop.

Eat it, fuckers. I'm a motherfucking adult, and I buy whatever I want.

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
LOL Ut can't even troll his way to the answer he wants.
Give it a rest. I'm not buying one today, but genuinely curious if at least the first party game developed for the console, even if it was designed in 2 years, had a decent graphical increase. Thanks hodj for the answer. It's good to know. Does the ps4 support tesselation? Crysis 2 looks pretty great with the high end texture pack with dx11 enabled. If the ps4 can do the same, and I will be buying one once future titles hit, that's a good thing. Also, ac4 is a great game. Ubisoft just sucks with ethics not telling everyone that it won't be 1080p until after a patch. If that's now, fine. If not, that's shady.

Nester

Vyemm Raider
PS4 only has a 500gb HD ! I noticed today that games appear to be 20-40gig each with a disk ! that sounds like a royal PITA. Anyone done any PSN full game downloads yet? how much HD space did that eat?

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Since you have to full install from disk, the full download will end up being the same once installed I would imagine.