The Big Bad Console Thread - Sway your Station with an Xboner !

Eonan

Doer of Things
How is Rivals? Last NFS I enjoyed was Underground. I've been dying to play another driving game since then, but the FORZA type shit just does not interest me. I want to pimp out that 90's honda civic and outrun muscle cars damnit!

Sean_sl

shitlord
and the 1080p on cod actually handicaps the ps4 version with the noticeably unstable frame rate it brings with it (should've gone 900p and a solid 60fps imo).
As Coren posted, that's actually *false*:Does the Call of Duty: Ghosts PS4 patch fix everything? Eurogamer.net

Game "Journalists" proved themselves to be even bigger retards by mistaking Frame Judder from FPS being above 60 with framerate loss. And people like Xbros actually bought into their shit. Sadly, the damage is probably done. And they couldn't tell the differences in visuals because it was actually running at 720p before too.

Also IW is incompetent for not locking the FPS at 60.

Laedrun

Molten Core Raider
As Coren posted, that's actually *false*:Does the Call of Duty: Ghosts PS4 patch fix everything? Eurogamer.net

Game "Journalists" proved themselves to be even bigger retards by mistaking Frame Judder from FPS being above 60 with framerate loss. And people like Xbros actually bought into their shit. Sadly, the damage is probably done. And they couldn't tell the differences in visuals because it was actually running at 720p before too.

Also IW is incompetent for not locking the FPS at 60.
Well that's good news for the ps4 version, too bad i already traded mine in for the $40 of store credit at best buy >;p. I didn't play the campaign, just multi-player and the shit got noticeably inconsistent and choppy when i was doing my favored marathon, smg, run around like a madman shit. It wasn't happening when i was camping in a corner like a fag with a sniper rifle so I naturally assumed it was just choking on the higher resolution. Oh well, I guess i was gonna have to switch to the xbone version anyway since all my shooter-loving friends are going with xbox.>;p

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Everytime i see Swaystation i think Swagstation, which it would be had it not been fucking up out of the box.

Laedrun

Molten Core Raider
Part 2 of south park's console wars is up on southparkstudios.com, its 's so fucking good, gonna be a 3 parter too apparently. ><

Running Dog_sl

shitlord
Not unexpected...

Ryse: 5/10

"As repetitive and shallow as it is, Ryse is always blandly playable... there's nothing like enough substance to the gameplay to tempt you to run the campaign on another difficulty setting or to lure you into long-term engagement with the two-player arena mode. There's no brains, no muscle, no fibre beneath Ryse's extravagantly engineered good looks - this game rings loud but hollow. "

Ryse: Son of Rome review Eurogamer.net

*edit* and another game with micro-transactions, like Forza.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Not unexpected...

Ryse: 5/10

"As repetitive and shallow as it is, Ryse is always blandly playable... there's nothing like enough substance to the gameplay to tempt you to run the campaign on another difficulty setting or to lure you into long-term engagement with the two-player arena mode. There's no brains, no muscle, no fibre beneath Ryse's extravagantly engineered good looks - this game rings loud but hollow. "

Ryse: Son of Rome review Eurogamer.net

*edit* and another game with micro-transactions, like Forza.
I like this part
Entertainment:
In the five hours it took to complete Ryse, I experienced a whirlwind of excitement and disgust. I loved the sights, sounds, and basic combat, and loathed the finishers and gameplay deviations
Just 5 hours and its not even a good 5 hours...GI gave it a 6/10 - Good thing i wasnt even on the fence about getting this.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Well Geometry Wars Evolved was the best 360 launch title so there was certainly precedent. I can see Redbox or Gameflying Ryse because it does look somewhat interesting, but I didn't preorder it because like everyone else I had a strong hunch that it wasn't going to be all that special.

Right now I have Dead Rising and that's it. Might get Killer Instinct just for the nostalgia purpose. The lack of WatchDogs, Spark, Infamous, Titanfall, etc. at launch is quite palpable. Feels very similar to the lackluster WiiU launch a year ago.

Props for Nintendo putting out the new Super Mario on Xbone day, but while it has gotten rave reviews I fear it will be completely overshadowed.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Your list of games missing at launch are a combination of Xbox One & PS4. Are you going to end up with both systems?

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Resogun is the best launch exclusive by a mile. Nobody saw that coming.
Yeah, Resogun is definitely the exclusive I've played the most. That said, I'm having the most fun with AC4, out of the games that I bought for PS4.

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Oh yea, AC4 is definitely the best release game. It is amazing. They took a series that turned stale with AC3 and made, in my opinion, the best one in the series.

Szlia

I checked the Zero Punctuation for AC4 the other day and that must have been the most positive review I ever heard from him. The only negative points I can remember are him not liking tailing missions and fearing Ubi will make Assassin's Creed games for all eternity.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Oh, just a FYI. I plugged my wireless keyboard into the PS4 while it was running, just to fill out some game info. It worked right away. The dongle I used is also used for a mouse & keyboard combo. The top of the screen said keyboard and mouse connected when I plugged it in, though.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Oh, just a FYI. I plugged my wireless keyboard into the PS4 while it was running, just to fill out some game info. It worked right away. The dongle I used is also used for a mouse & keyboard combo. The top of the screen said keyboard and mouse connected when I plugged it in, though.
Nice. Anyone have a good recommendation for wireless multi-media keyboard for PS4/living rooms?