The Big Bad Console Thread - Sway your Station with an Xboner !

spronk

FPS noob
I will disagree and say its better to spend that wiiU money upgrading your PC in whatever way you can, with steam winter sale coming up there are just soooo many more PC games, especially amazing indie games, that you can enjoy for the next 18 months rather than playing 4-5 WiiU games and then having the console collect dust until WiiZ comes out. I regret buying ps3, 360, ds, and wii since they all just sat around completely unused after the first 6 months whereas my PC which I upgrade every year has a massive steam collection now that will never become unplayable. Of course retard gamer that I am I already have a ps4 thats barely touched now and seriously thinking about buying zelda 3ds xl
frown.png
One thing I am definitely going to do different is immediately sell or gift games on ps4 I am done with, fuck keeping 20 games around until they are worthless.

Red box needs to rent out Wii U's, I'd rent the shit out of one for a month, get my nostalgia fix in, and then never touch it again.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Yeah, fuck buying a whole console to play 1-2 games. Even if they are like THE GAME to masturbate to, the shit is not even worth it.

Dashel

Blackwing Lair Raider
So which WiiU bundle would be suggested? I see Mario bundle, Zelda, Basic white and Deluxe Black. My son loves Mario so I'm leaning that way, but I could get Zelda and get him the new 3D world when that comes out if the bundle Mario's are meh.

What else will I need to buy if I just want to play 2 player with my kid? 1 more controller or do I also need an internet connection, in which case I'd need a wifi option if that's not included.

The Ancient_sl

shitlord
If you have kids who are old enough to game but aren't teenagers, WiiU is the best gaming console period.

But let's cut the WiiU chatter boys, this thread is for serious next-gen dust collectors only.

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
If you have kids who are old enough to game but aren't teenagers, WiiU is the best gaming console period.

But let's cut the WiiU chatter boys, this thread is for serious next-gen dust collectors only.
Yeah I came here to watch the Xbone launch implode.

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
/\ I am sure it will all sell out. Will be interesting to see how the Xbone performs. While watching an IGN stream the system crashed 4 times during the event.

koljec_sl

shitlord
I will disagree and say its better to spend that wiiU money upgrading your PC in whatever way you can, with steam winter sale coming up there are just soooo many more PC games, especially amazing indie games, that you can enjoy for the next 18 months rather than playing 4-5 WiiU games and then having the console collect dust until WiiZ comes out. I regret buying ps3, 360, ds, and wii since they all just sat around completely unused after the first 6 months whereas my PC which I upgrade every year has a massive steam collection now that will never become unplayable..
Fair point.

But when I bought a laptop earlier this year, I splurged a bit on a Prostar with a dedicated GTX770M. Even as I was buying the laptop, it crossed my mind that it might be the last PC, box or laptop, that I ever buy -- I love this laptop, but between Intel's integrated graphics (Haswell is so awesome, and I'm usually an AMD guy) and all the touch screen pecking I do on my smart phone for games and work, I don't need a dedicated graphics card and keyboard. A lot recent games don't really seem to push GPU limits (so much of Steam has gone retro or low-budget that it's kinda like graphics, who cares?), and keyboards seem only good for writing out long emails or forum mesages.

Anyway, I'm pretty sure the next PC-type device I buy will be a big tablet that can deliver HD multimedia output to my receiver and TV.

Sorry for the derail.

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
So which WiiU bundle would be suggested? I see Mario bundle, Zelda, Basic white and Deluxe Black. My son loves Mario so I'm leaning that way, but I could get Zelda and get him the new 3D world when that comes out if the bundle Mario's are meh.

What else will I need to buy if I just want to play 2 player with my kid? 1 more controller or do I also need an internet connection, in which case I'd need a wifi option if that's not included.
If you have a Wii with Wiimote Pluses you don't need anything additional, you can use those on the Wii U. Otherwise you'll need at least 1 Wiimote Plus controller.

The Mario Bundle comes with New Super Mario Bros U (plus Luigi DLC), which is the classic 2D sidescrolling platformer Mario - it doesn't come with the new 3D Super Mario Bros that comes out tonight.

Zelda bundle comes with Windwaker HD. Delxue comes with Nintendoland (multiplayer minigames) and the Basic comes with no game and only 8GB of internal flash memory instead of 32.

Szlia

I expect a similar failure rate for the XB1, but significantly lower sales, resulting in significantly less reports of DOA consoles.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Holy shit, I am nowhere near hating on the XB1 at all but Gaige at this point is just a straight mouth breathing fanboi.

It won't have the launch you are hoping for little buddy.

The PS4 launch was not bad, not bad at all.

Juvarisx

Florida
The worst part of the PS4 launch was the PSN issues, which is not shocking anymore. Hell they were resolved in less then 12 hours for the most part.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Indeed, it was imperfect but quite damb good for a tech item. Its not like we're talkingabout shirts or something where the ffactory can make out a flaw at a glance, tech fails sometimes.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I don't mind the XB1 because I truly believe competition drives innovation, and I would be sad to see MS out of the picture.

I agree about Gaige, he's the Sean of XB1 - and that's fine really, I just feel bad because he's like 1 of 3 people in this thread super pumped for it.

For the guys streaming PS4 on twitch, if you login to your account and go under settings there is an option to save your broadcasts automatically - if I am reading the option right that's what we'll want to use. You have to login on the PC I believe to do it (or PS4 browser). Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
For the guys streaming PS4 on twitch, if you login to your account and go under settings there is an option to save your broadcasts automatically - if I am reading the option right that's what we'll want to use. You have to login on the PC I believe to do it (or PS4 browser). Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
I'm not 100% on this. I've gone into the options multiple times and never saw reference of saving streams. It's possible that I need to set it up first with my computer, then it'll automatically do it with the Playstation.

I'll look into that tonight.