The Big Bad Console Thread - Sway your Station with an Xboner !

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Yeah for all the shit we gave them for dead units on the first couple days I haven't heard of many failures since then.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Xarpolis this is the option I was referring to:

rrr_img_50029.jpg

Gaige

Legal Ephebophile
The good thing is that I'm getting two Xbox Ones so hopefully at least one of them will work
smile.png

Needless

Toe Sucker
Even with that checked, it doesn't save them on the PS4.
I thought that was the case as well, but it still did not archive any of my gameplay. I think this is something that will be done in the future, but not currently.

Needless

Toe Sucker
Yeah.. the only archived shit i have on my twitch is when i first tried streaming Counter Strike like 2+ years ago lol, nothing from my PS4 broadcasts even with that marker checked off.

Beef Supreme_sl

shitlord
Since I'm chock full of PC MASTER RACE blood, I don't have a horse in this race, but I've decided to go with an XBONE since it has games I want to play. While the PS4 is a quality sku, it doesn't get me excited enough to warrant replacing my PS3.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Need for Speed Rivals is coming to my house today, kinda excited about it, even though its an EA game. It got pretty solid reviews and I have this tiny niche enjoyment of racing games in moderation.

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
UPDATE ON availability of the ps4 at gamestop before Xmas

good luck:

gamestop just announced today that they sold out of their initial allotment of the ps4, and that their waiting list is at

2.3 million units and growing.....

regret_sl

shitlord
I'm sure the Xbone will do fine. Hell, I'll probably buy one myself once there is a Kinectless SKU or significant price drop and a bunch of must have exclusives have finally piled up.

I find myself thankful that Sony fucked up their PS3 launch so hard that they went back, examined what they did wrong and handled the PS4 launch exactly right. Maybe MS will learn a thing or two for Xbox Zero.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Anyone have any tips for getting better at console FPS games? I've been playing kb/m on the PC for so long that I'm fairly good (passable really, but I can aim quick), but going to consoles I basically suck ass. Thinking about turning the sensitivity way down and going from there as I seem to overshoot enemies quite a bit.

Grumpus

Molten Core Raider
Anyone have any tips for getting better at console FPS games? I've been playing kb/m on the PC for so long that I'm fairly good (passable really, but I can aim quick), but going to consoles I basically suck ass. Thinking about turning the sensitivity way down and going from there as I seem to overshoot enemies quite a bit.
The only way to get better at anything is practice, if you are playing battlefield use the practice range and just fire at the moving targets till your eyes bleed and play a shit ton of games. Play with a single type of weapon till your k/d ratio is on the + side and then switch it up.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Practice. It's really all there is to it. That said, even when you're the best you can possibly be, you'll be better with the mouse/kb. Just the way it is.
frown.png

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
UPDATE ON availability of the ps4 at gamestop before Xmas

good luck:

gamestop just announced today that they sold out of their initial allotment of the ps4, and that their waiting list is at

2.3 million units and growing.....
That's insane. Sounds like those reselling should be able to get a good profit around Christmas.

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
Biggest thing is practice and finding a weapon load you like. Stick with automatics that you can spray n pray a bit while still being effective and leave the guns where you need to be more accurate a rest until you get aiming down.

Most important thing other than that is positioning yourself properly. With a mouse and keyboard you can make very quick and accurate movements across your screen and beyond where with a console controller its far more difficult or impossible. So keep that gun up and aiming when moving so you can engage.

Practice aiming on your team as they move around. Practice on objects in game. Get used to keeping your weapon pointed up and in the direction you're moving / looking and get used to clearing corners and watching your team location so you know where the enemy will be respawning. Huge portion of games like this is just knowing where people are going to be.

Otherwise its all about knowing how the game works. If you show up on radar without a silencer then put one on or keep moving. If you kill someone a time or two expect them to come back looking for you. Move some so when they think you're camping that same spot you can whack them from a different one. Let your team mate enter that building first so you can see where the bullets come from, bang and move in.

Lots of little tricks you'll pick up.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Accuracy in FPS games is all about prediction of where the target will be and making a single movement of your reticle to that target.

Like if you catch a ball (irl) you don't move your hands to follow the balls position, you subconsciously predict where it will land and move your hands there.

Prediction at a micro level is mostly experience. Knowing the game's animation frames, typical enemy movements etc.

The accurate movement part can be trained by going on a training field and quickly moving your reticle between multiple set targets. Whenever I want to get good at a new fps I usually do this when idling (Ex: moving my reticle between the heads of all my teammates).

When you're good at these two abilities you'll see an enemy, predict where his head will be in ~100ms, and move your reticle at his head in ~100ms and fire. There's a certain barrier of following a target, double checking that the reticles are on the target and pressing fire but you have to graduate from that to quick movements. As you force yourself to move from that you might get worse but you need to do that to 'get good'.