The Big Bad Console Thread - Sway your Station with an Xboner !

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
Sony purely got into the business to get revenge on Nintendo for fucking them, plain and simple. They had no altruistic ideals that they needed to make a video game system so that they could bring the masses the enjoyment that had always been missing from their lives. Fortunately, Sony was a massive multi-faceted corporation that absolutely dwarfed the other players of the time (Nintendo, Sega, Atari, 3D0, Phillips) and they could just brute force their way into the marketplace with their massive resources and money.

Microsoft then saw that gameplan and did the exact same thing the next generation around.

Hell, I'm almost surprised we haven't seen someone like Samsung try to follow that blueprint as well.

Szlia

Sony purely got into the business to get revenge on Nintendo for fucking them, plain and simple.
While it is not totally wrong, it should be mentioned that Sony had been involved in video games for a while before the PlayStation. Notably, they were among the first to make MSX computers in the early '80s (think Japanese version of the C64, so a very game oriented 8-bit computer). Amusingly, the MSX norm was created by Microsoft Japan and it was the computer of choice for japanese game publishers that later ported most of their hits on the NES when it became a success.

About Japan, a big surprise would be seeing the PS4 enjoy a great success. The PS3 sold less than half of what the PS2 and PS1 did and the home console market that was at about 30 millions during the PS1/N64/Saturn era and the GC/DC/PS2/XB era dropped to 24 millions in the Wii/PS3/X360 era.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Xbox One has clearly superior beeps when you turn it on, eject disk etc.

Column_sl

shitlord
that video... w-w-w-why do so many b-b-black people have PS4s
Because all the asians are playing Starcraft

Considering NA retailers still had stock on day 2 in many cases, does seem like it... (Hell, my local Target did today - on day 5)
I'm not sure where you live, but the Houston to Austin area have been completely sold out since launch.

Only store that seems to be getting them in is Target, and they get maybe three units per day at random stores.
All of those are camped out in the morning.

So basically if you aren't there when it opens you are not getting one.

Everyone says they are holding stock till black Friday, and there will be a shipment for all the target stores.
Also all the preorders, which are making the stores seem like they have inventory will expire on Friday night.

So next week my area may start seeing them in stores, if they don't sell them all on Friday.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Outside of Baltimore - Towson is the listed address for the specific Target I'm mentioning.

It's possible we're getting a ton in or something, but they should be selling if there's demand - we're a high income state. (Literally the highest average per capita income by state - and Hunt Valley one of those areas isn't far away [i.e. Cal Ripken Jr's primary residence is in Hunt Valley last I checked])

Column_sl

shitlord
The target sites aren't even close to accurate.

A) The preorders never come off the stock numbers.

So say your Target had 4 pre orders held since launch, then if they got a shipment of 3 in the morning all the sudden they have 7 now.
That coupled with the fact that there stock takes 24-48 hours to update, and you see the problems.

Unless you are going to those stores and verifying that, then the numbers on there website aren't correct.

I wish I could walk into any target, and just buy one. Would make my life allot easier right now.

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
It's time for Columns bullshit posts of the night, coming to you in multiple threads across rerolled! BUCKLE UP FOLKS, IT'S GOING TO GET WILD!!!

Column_sl

shitlord
It's time for Columns bullshit posts of the night, coming to you in multiple threads across rerolled! BUCKLE UP FOLKS, IT'S GOING TO GET WILD!!!
I love my little Stalker army
wink.png

Time to add another user that watches my every move.

Hachima

Molten Core Raider
The target sites aren't even close to accurate.

A) The preorders never come off the stock numbers.

So say your Target had 4 pre orders held since launch, then if they got a shipment of 3 in the morning all the sudden they have 7 now.
That coupled with the fact that there stock takes 24-48 hours to update, and you see the problems.

Unless you are going to those stores and verifying that, then the numbers on there website aren't correct.

I wish I could walk into any target, and just buy one. Would make my life allot easier right now.
Yeah, even the Target I found that says 'In Stock' on their website doesn't really have any available. The person I talked too seemed to know what she was talking about and said she expects the next shipment to arrive on Dec 4th at 9-9:30am.