The Big Bad Console Thread - Sway your Station with an Xboner !

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
3dm.gif

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Just did my Black Friday bullshit. My brother asked if I saw a PS4 to grab one, no one had any. Best Buy didn't even receive a shipment of them, Walmart and Target instantly sold out. At Best Buy they were trying to give away the vouchers for Xbox One and they only gave out a few (we were at the back of the line). Went to Target, they didn't have shit but their DS section was DESTROYED BEYOND ALL BELIEF. Didn't even buy a single thing at Target. Went to Walmart at 5:30AM (opened at midnight or 1:00AM or whatever and they had no PS4s (sold out instantly) but yet a pile of Xbox Ones. I asked the dudes if they were selling since I went to school with one of them and he told me since opening they only sold two and had a bunch more out back... this is on black friday at walmart. I figured no one would believe me so snagged a pic on my iphone.

rrr_img_51248.jpg

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
The huge Xbox & Forza supporter from the other message board that I post on said this today:

lawful_sl said:
Wow fuck Forza. The token system is so utterly broken. $99.99 gets me 20K tokens which can only buy two of the most expensive cars in the game. Add to that 50 dollar season pass that is going to be 10 brand new cars, and 50 cars from Forza 4 they didn't finish that they are charging me for a third or fourth time now. I am completely disgusted with them and how money grubbing they have become. If there was another great game out there right now that really hooked me I would trade this piece of shit in right now and get game X. Unfortunately everything else is pretty weak. The driving isn't bad, but the grinding is worse than ever and the economy of the game is total fucking garbage. A hundred fucking dollars for two cars. And this whole appeasement thing they are doing right now making things half off in both credits and tokens (but not halving the price of tokens) ONLY for this weekend is fucking lame at best. "Yeah we're sorry we are money grubbing cocksuckers, have half off this weekend where you'd be hard pressed to buy any multi-million dollar car through legit credits earned this entire week. Yeah we are sorry, but only for 3 days after that you can return to fucking yourself."

Fuck this shit man. Fuck Forza 6.
So the shitty policies are even costing them an extremely loyal fan.

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Purchased a 1 yr PS+ from amazon and the PS Store isn't letting me redeem the code. Ugh, this is going to require effort.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Purchased a 1 yr PS+ from amazon and the PS Store isn't letting me redeem the code. Ugh, this is going to require effort.
Are you doing it from your PS4 or PS3? I don't think you can do it from the web.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Just did my Black Friday bullshit. My brother asked if I saw a PS4 to grab one, no one had any. Best Buy didn't even receive a shipment of them, Walmart and Target instantly sold out. At Best Buy they were trying to give away the vouchers for Xbox One and they only gave out a few (we were at the back of the line). Went to Target, they didn't have shit but their DS section was DESTROYED BEYOND ALL BELIEF. Didn't even buy a single thing at Target. Went to Walmart at 5:30AM (opened at midnight or 1:00AM or whatever and they had no PS4s (sold out instantly) but yet a pile of Xbox Ones. I asked the dudes if they were selling since I went to school with one of them and he told me since opening they only sold two and had a bunch more out back... this is on black friday at walmart. I figured no one would believe me so snagged a pic on my iphone.

rrr_img_51248.jpg
No way dude, they're totally in demand. Nice Photoshop though, the handwritten price sign was a nice touch.

(JK - but since Column is still in kitten nap land from his Kinect party where everyone wanted to play XBOne and no one touched the PS4 again...)

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Are you doing it from your PS4 or PS3? I don't think you can do it from the web.
Yea there were comments recently here saying that with an obvious 'can't redeem via Web' style message. Message might be bugged ATM though, maybe.

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Correct, the problem is I am trying to redeem on pc, which it won't let me. My consoles are in a different city so I have to remember to redeem the code once I return from thanksgiving. Hence, requiring effort :/

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
Their system is blowing up, told me it would take 4+ hours to receive a code. Just tried to order it.

Edit:

Just as I hit post I get the email that it has processed.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
If you really want to burn money, yeah.

Personally I'd just go with a good 7200 rpm drive:PS4 HDD speed test thread (HDD/SSHD/SSD/STD) - NeoGAF

Hybrid SSDs are also an option, but not really as good as 7200 drives unless you play the same game over and over and don't change games a lot.
Am I missing something or are there no SSD game loading benchmarks in that thread?

for what it's worth to prospective SSD purchasers for PS4 I'd wait until you see trustable benchmarks showing that SSDs are a dramatic improvement. From a pure read/write/iops they are but games that are streamlined for the 100MB/s a HDD will give you may not actually use much more than that.

Prodigal

Shitlord, Offender of the Universe
<Bronze Donator>
Correct, the problem is I am trying to redeem on pc, which it won't let me. My consoles are in a different city so I have to remember to redeem the code once I return from thanksgiving. Hence, requiring effort :/
Yeah same problem, picked up one digital code from Amazon and another from GameStop, but can't even get signed in to the store to try and register them.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
You have set the bar for "effort" at an extremely low level. I have faith in you.

Ramar

Lord Nagafen Raider
For what it's worth, I purchased one of the Seagate hybrid drives, and things seem significantly faster. I haven't timed anything, but load times that were borderline aggravating before are tolerable now (granted I'm only playing the same three games).

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Grabbed a code from Amazon but ya, dont think ill be entering it anytime soon.