The Big Bad Console Thread - Sway your Station with an Xboner !

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Yes. It's a rental and/or subscription service. No details beyond that given.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
If I could rent all those PS3 games I never played on the PS4 like Last of Us I'm gonna be fucking real busy.

Lenwen

Silver Squire
What worries me is the input lag and image quality. Playing input heavy games like fighting and action games will probably be a mess.

Xevy

Log Wizard
According to VGChartz, PS4 and XB1 in NA are pretty close: 2.19mill to 2.0mill, but in Europe it's literalyl 2:1 in favor of PS4. 1.52:0.75 PS4 to XB1. Rest of the world is 2:1 with 0.42 to 0.18 PS4/XB1.

Close race in the states, despite "PS4 TOTALLY BEING SOLD OUT AND XBONES EVERYWHERE!" Meanwhile everywhere God doesn't watch is a Sony stompfest.

Column_sl

shitlord
Well Sony just got greedy, unless I'm reading that wrong.

Instead of free ps3 game streaming to the PS4, they're coming up with a new service on a separate subscription then Plus.

Diffrence being you can stream there games to multiple devices.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
When was it ever thought to be free? They've probably spent half a billion on this effort between network buildout and the Gaikai acquisition.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
When was it ever thought to be free? They've probably spent half a billion on this effort between network buildout and the Gaikai acquisition.
Yeah, it was never going to be free even with PS+, best you can hope for is a discount for adding it to an existing PS+ membership as a package deal.

Also, the fact that they will be building the streaming functionality into Sony TV and "a broad range of Internet-connected devices" gives me hope that there will be a PC client for it at some point.

And MS is working on a similar service but they seem to be way behind Sony as far as rolling it out. They will very likely support Windows streaming as well, so perhaps those of us who refuse to ever consider buying a MS console will get to play Lost Odyssey and Tales of Vesperia someday.

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
Given Microsoft's na advantage last gen I'd say anything close to the ps4 being up there is pretty bad.

Antarius

Lord Nagafen Raider
I know of several (3 sets) of parents who wanted to get their kids ps4s based off my recommendation that it was the hands-down superior console, but they settled for xbones because they didn't want an empty Christmas tree and have up on finding the ps4 in-stock.

TL;DR Anecdotal evidence is anecdotal.

P.S. the ps4 camera is pretty shitty at tracking us in just dance, my GFs kid moving through the frame will cause us to disappear completely off the game for 20+ seconds until it reaquires, kinect 1.0 did a better job on the 360... I wonder if they'll be able to improve it with a software update.

Oh, and when it does reaquire, it often swaps players... It also has an incredibly difficult time tracking my Girlfriend's adopted brother (he's black)

Column_sl

shitlord
And at no point did they ever say the streaming would be on separate sub.

So now there is PlayStation Plus, and Playstation Now.
So we either have to pay them more to Stream our PS3 library to our PS4, or are original Library wont even work at all.

Not to mention how much streaming games sucks to begin with, It was a novelty at most to stream a PS3 game.
Might as well just hook the PS3 back up free of charge.

Devlin

Golden Squire
PS+ is a pretty good deal in itself at the moment, 6 games across 3 systems I own every month for ?40 ($60) a year is enough for me.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
4.2 Million and the PS4 hasn't even been released in Japan yet. Good Games Sony.

Sean_sl

shitlord
But, but guys! CONSOLE GAMING IS DYING.

Glad the Xbone is doing well too, just to say an extra Fuck You to those people who think that gaming is dying off.

Szlia

The thing is, in the previous generation, Japan only amounted to about 6% of the global HD consoles market (PS3 + X360). I am not sure why it would change with the current gen.

Impulsively picked up a PS4 on Amazon and it already shipped. Debating on selling it for profit$ or keeping it around.

It does have a lower cost of entry than the XB1.. cheaper accessories, PS+ is slightly cheaper, etc. but the current game selection isn't all that great and the good exclusives are coming later in the year

Part of me wants to keep it and then see how the XB1 does since it seems to have a higher ceiling for potential and I also want Titanfall. OTOH, Titanfall is available on the 360 and PC and while I don't game on PCs anymore (or game much in general), the thought of keeping the PS4 and getting the cheaper 360 for the other stuff (HBO Go, 360 exclusives, etc.) is tempting as well