The Broken Empire Trilogy. Best series of all time

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Just finished this. Based on you asshole's recommendation.

Ending can suck a dick. Seriously.

Overall I absolutely loved the post-apocalyptic setting going on.

9veh

Trakanon Raider
Have to agree with previous comments regarding the end of this series. Overall good.. ending.. terrible

Rime

<Donor>
I love the setting, do not get me wrong on that. So far after an 'apocalypse' that what technology remains is pretty much magic. That is like a fine wine. I just cannot tolerate an author ending in such a rushed fashion.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Really surprised how fast a read this is and I'm an incredibly slow reader. Finished the first one while flying back from Seattle in about 6 hours. Looking forward to the rest but guess I won't get too hyped for the finale based on this thread.

Decado

Golden Knight of the Realm
Started out good and fizzled out to a very disappointing end i thought. A meh overall for this series

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

khorum

Murder Apologist
The ending was kinda frustrating but most folks would have to admit the series itself was outstanding. There's a glut of good-to-decent fantasy out there and this still stands out regardless.

Rime

<Donor>
I still recommend the first trilogy of the series to people, even though the ending does not hold up to the earlier parts of the series. I loved the super post-apocalyptic setting, they are my favorite sorts, but they are rare to find in a fashion that is not absolute garbage.

Lleauaric

Sparkletot Monger
Is red sister newer than the new trilogy?

Red Queens War. Its runs parallel to the Thorns series.

It ties into the first series and seems to set up the next. I really enjoyed it. Jalen and Snorri (the main characters) are actually more likable than Jorg. Much more than the first series this second one reads alot like early Abercrombie (The Blade Itself)

Last edited:

Rikkon

Lord Nagafen Raider
His new book grey sister is pretty good, though it suffers from middle bookitis.

Hopefully the third book delivers on all the buildup

• 1Like

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
So The Ancestor trilogy was wrapped up with Holy Sister, I thought it was pretty good. Still a bunch of questions that never really got answered though

Kovaks

Mr. Poopybutthole
So The Ancestor trilogy was wrapped up with Holy Sister, I thought it was pretty good. Still a bunch of questions that never really got answered though
I only have one burning question and it has to do with
the AIs Name
someone asked about it in an AMA and he wouldn't give an anseer.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
I only have one burning question and it has to do with
the AIs Name
someone asked about it in an AMA and he wouldn't give an anseer.
Taproot could pertain to my question of who the missing really were. Or how and why the 4 races ended up there and didn’t leave. I think he’s planning another trilogy in the same world, so hopefully he expands on the past a bit more

• 1Like

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
Yeah he's already working on a new trilogy set in the same setting - first book is already finished. He said in an AMA on /r/Fantasy that it follows a different main character and takes place on the ice and based on the title ("The Girl and the Stars ") it might answer some remaining questions on how they got to the planet and the old technology always present in Lawrence's books. I think Zole could be the main character.

• 1Like

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Just ordered Red Sister on Amazon with a couple other things. Now if someone could just light a fire under GRRM's, Rothfuss's, and Jim Butcher's asses to get them to put out stuff like this guy does... Well, maybe not Butcher, but fuck if I'm not jonesing for a new Dresden book after 2-3 years now?

• 1Like

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Just ordered Red Sister on Amazon with a couple other things. Now if someone could just light a fire under GRRM's, Rothfuss's, and Jim Butcher's asses to get them to put out stuff like this guy does... Well, maybe not Butcher, but fuck if I'm not jonesing for a new Dresden book after 2-3 years now?

Butcher is another one that may have missed out by being too slow. I thought about a new Dresden book and then thought of all the catching up I would have to do to fully appreciate all of the little details. It felt like a lot of work for too little enjoyment. I will probably wait until he is done with the series now instead of catching up after every book.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Kovaks

Mr. Poopybutthole
Just finished one word kill, wasn't bad but something about it just didn't resonate with me, Iove all his other books and am a huge D&D nerd but it just seemed off, way too straightforward and juvenile maybe.