The Crow

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
This looks like garbage that garbage throws out. Casting Pete Davidson was a great choice.

• 5Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 5 users

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
Black girlfriend, black spiritual advisors, white bad guys.

:rolleyes:

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
Disgusted The Monkees GIF

• 1Like

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Think of all the people who make a lot of money who green lit this.

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Black girlfriend, black spiritual advisors, white bad guys.

:rolleyes:
how many black bad guys were there in the original Crow? in Detroit, just 1 black bad guy who was a knife expert, a few randos in his gang and Top Dollar's body guard? the ringleader was a tall white dude with an asian girlfriend. supposedly he was responsible for all the fires every year.
pretty funny if you think about it.

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
It looks like the most pretentious retelling of a cult classic without understanding anything that went into the subculture that it appealed to. The original was an industrial/goth movie and this just screams that none of the writers, directors, or actors ever experienced that unique point in time.

We have 0, ZERO bands close to the mainstream making the type of music that made this movie a thing. The soundtrack is still amazing and I wouldn't be surprised if I have another post in this very thread from years ago talking about how great it was and how badass After the Flesh is to this day.

I love how they put the entire goddamn movie in the trailer, too. Fuck this movie.

• 5Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 6 users

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
at least the trailer uses a song with Ozzy in it.
it might be an ok soundtrack, if not new or edgy anymore.
Yeah I guess if you like joggers remixing great classic rock, and then using voice pitching software.

God damn it buddy I know you were in the hospital and I'm hoping that was just the drugs.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
If a movie is going to have plug in blood effect CGI it better been an independent film made by people with zero dollars.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Yeah I guess if you like joggers remixing great classic rock, and then using voice pitching software.

God damn it buddy I know you were in the hospital and I'm hoping that was just the drugs.
i was trying to be positive. and i can be positive because traditionally, music and the film companies they make soundtracks for stay in their own lanes. I know music sucks now, but thats not because of wokeness. either you like the music and buy the albums or you dont.
lets use the movie, "Singles". incredible soundtrack, but the movie was meh. the soundtrack was so good, it actually made me rent the movie.

so using that logic which may no longer apply, there is a chance this movie might have an OK soundtrack. Just OK while the movie is going to bomb hard.

• 1Like

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
i was trying to be positive. and i can be positive because traditionally, music and the film companies they make soundtracks for stay in their own lanes. I know music sucks now, but thats not because of wokeness. either you like the music and buy the albums or you dont.
lets use the movie, "Singles". incredible soundtrack, but the movie was meh. the soundtrack was so good, it actually made me rent the movie.

so using that logic which may no longer apply, there is a chance this movie might have an OK soundtrack. Just OK while the movie is going to bomb hard.
I know you're being hopeful but I doubt that's going to end up being the case. When I watch the trailer that was the first thing I thought of it is what sort of soundtrack is it going to have, and that it had the typical modern day VST altered sound for the vocals blended with some rap.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I know you're being hopeful but I doubt that's going to end up being the case. When I watch the trailer that was the first thing I thought of it is what sort of soundtrack is it going to have, and that it had the typical modern day VST altered sound for the vocals blended with some rap.
alright but that song is 4 years old so its not like that was made for the movie. it had Ozzy singing it and he wasnt using autotune. Ozzy is still metal, isnt he? Ozzy is my hero, if he is singing in the trailer, then its a possibility the movie is going to have some metal in it?

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
alright but that song is 4 years old so its not like that was made for the movie. it had Ozzy singing it and he wasnt using autotune. Ozzy is still metal, isnt he? Ozzy is my hero, if he is singing in the trailer, then its a possibility the movie is going to have some metal in it?
Doesn't mean I still don't like his music, but I don't have to like the modern day method of mixing some sort of rap song with riffs from my classic rock song and then using that God damn VST, I cannot remember the name of it, but it's the one that modulates your voice, and every goddamn trailer for some big budget movie.

I remember back in the late 90s or early 2000s Cher had a song believe in love I think, and that affect was used gregariously. Every time I hear that effect it just pisses me off, because it sounds horrible. A lot of popping all the hip Hop motherfuckers use it nowadays, but they almost pretty like it's an effect, like reverb or delay.

So if you're going to try to sell me on this shitty remake, and make me think oh wow there's an Ozzy Osbourne song, this sounds cool, I'm going to remix it and get people from an older generation interested by using an old song. They do this all the time with modern day Hollywood films. Make a trailer and recut and remix a classic rock song with modern day rap music, because it'll reach a wider audience, or I guess that's what they're rationale is.

Sorry, Chuck. It's a shitty application of a good song and it's going to be a horrible movie, modern day Hollywood blows, and we're suckers for caring about this stuff.

Get out and fish, or hunt, or if you want to watch a decent movie, pop a VHS or a DVD into its appropriate player, and enjoy something like The Good The bad and The ugly.

Or you know what you could watch the original, I guess it still holds up today, and is a fun movie. I don't think it does CGI immortal John wick version of the film.

Sorry talk to text

• 1Solidarity

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Doesn't mean I still don't like his music, but I don't have to like the modern day method of mixing some sort of rap song with riffs from my classic rock song and then using that God damn VST, I cannot remember the name of it, but it's the one that modulates your voice, and every goddamn trailer for some big budget movie.

I remember back in the late 90s or early 2000s Cher had a song believe in love I think, and that affect was used gregariously. Every time I hear that effect it just pisses me off, because it sounds horrible. A lot of popping all the hip Hop motherfuckers use it nowadays, but they almost pretty like it's an effect, like reverb or delay.

So if you're going to try to sell me on this shitty remake, and make me think oh wow there's an Ozzy Osbourne song, this sounds cool, I'm going to remix it and get people from an older generation interested by using an old song. They do this all the time with modern day Hollywood films. Make a trailer and recut and remix a classic rock song with modern day rap music, because it'll reach a wider audience, or I guess that's what they're rationale is.

Sorry, Chuck. It's a shitty application of a good song and it's going to be a horrible movie, modern day Hollywood blows, and we're suckers for caring about this stuff.

Get out and fish, or hunt, or if you want to watch a decent movie, pop a VHS or a DVD into its appropriate player, and enjoy something like The Good The bad and The ugly.

Or you know what you could watch the original, I guess it still holds up today, and is a fun movie. I don't think it does CGI immortal John wick version of the film.

Sorry talk to text
i'm not disagreeing with you, its a shitty song and this will be a shitty movie. i was just saying that if it has Ozzy in it, even if its a shitty song they used for the trailer. it suggests they are going to make some effort to make the soundtrack "OK". i'm going to use one of my trademarked hot takes and proclaim, that the original Brandon Lee The Crow movie is not as good as the Crow soundtrack they released for it. i paid to see The Crow in the theater when it came out, i walked away from it more excited about the music than i was with whatever happened in the movie. the suped up T-Bird was kind of cool only because i drove a T-Bird like that when i was learning how to drive as a teen, but its a typical revenge flick, just with a fantastic soundtrack. maybe we get lucky and the music guys come through. i dont recall anyone mentioning it, but did the Mortal Kombat remake have a good soundtrack?
hmm this isnt bad.
yeah, i still think they could make an OK soundtrack for this.

Last edited:
  • 1Solidarity