The Crow

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
i'm not disagreeing with you, its a shitty song and this will be a shitty movie. i was just saying that if it has Ozzy in it, even if its a shitty song they used for the trailer. it suggests they are going to make some effort to make the soundtrack "OK". i'm going to use one of my trademarked hot takes and proclaim, that the original Brandon Lee The Crow movie is not as good as the Crow soundtrack they released for it. i paid to see The Crow in the theater when it came out, i walked away from it more excited about the music than i was with whatever happened in the movie. the suped up T-Bird was kind of cool only because i drove a T-Bird like that when i was learning how to drive as a teen, but its a typical revenge flick, just with a fantastic soundtrack. maybe we get lucky and the music guys come through. i dont recall anyone mentioning it, but did the Mortal Kombat remake have a good soundtrack?
hmm this isnt bad.
yeah, i still think they could make an OK soundtrack for this.
I saw the original one in the theater and had the soundtrack as well. Had a bunch of soundtracks from movies in the 90s. Columbia used to be a thing but you got Hoodwinked in when you were younger. After all we didn't have streaming shit back then.

Strange Days was a great one. Despite the Spawn movie being horrible, but my favorite comic book, the soundtrack was phenomenal because every song was new stuff and it was a combination of two different bands creating a new song. Shit was just better back in the day, you might think you of all people would understand that.

I just have no hope that the music for this film if that's going to be the icing on the cake or whatever the hell you want to call it won't taste like shit.

And of course mortal Kombat was one of the greatest 90s movies soundtracks of all time. Part 2 was even pretty good and I saw both of those films in the theater. '90s was the last era of Good music other than your random indie band or something.

Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I saw the original one in the theater and and the soundtrack as well. Had a bunch of soundtracks from movies in the 90s. Strange Days was a great one. Despite the Spawn movie being horrible, but my favorite comic book, the soundtrack was phenomenal because every song was new stuff and it was a combination of two different bands creating a new song. Shit was just better back in the day, you might think you of all people would understand that.

I just have no hope that the music for this film if that's going to be the icing on the cake or whatever the hell you want to call it won't taste like shit.

And of course mortal Kombat was one of the greatest 90s movies soundtracks of all time. Part 2 was even pretty good and I saw both of those films in the theater. '90s was the last era of Good music other than your random indie band or something.
Mortal Kombat soundtrack was indeed the best of the 90s. though, The Crow, Airheads, Strange Days , Pulp Fiction and Singles had great ones too. my friend went crazy for the Natural Born Killers sountrack, its has lots of Nine Inch Nails in it.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
Mortal Kombat soundtrack was indeed the best of the 90s. though, The Crow, Airheads, Strange Days , Pulp Fiction and Singles had great ones too. my friend went crazy for the Natural Born Killers sountrack, its has lots of Nine Inch Nails in it.
Truth Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

rhinohelix

<Gold Donor>
It used to be that remakes were the non-risky way of Hollywood movie making because there was at least a built in audience. Holy shit look at all these terrible half-ass remakes. The Crow? Road House? It's about sending a message all right, the message is: "We can't make good movies any longer". We live in a timeline where ideology and corporatism has ruined Hollywood to the point they can't make even mediocre movies anymore.

Money GIF

• 3Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Astr0 derail is gay.
uh, what did i derail? i'm talking about the movie and the original as well as the soundtrack? what did you miss out on? more people memeing how much they didnt want this film? maybe you were wishing to share how much you liked the trailer? dont let me hold you back. have at it.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Rod-138

Trakanon Raider
In the 60s and 70s they remade a bunch of black n white movies and had some success, so maybe Hollywoods always been creatively lazy?

Think of all the movies that’ll be remade when they shoot full VR movies.

back to the crow, is this dude just becoming the default hire for freaky makeup roles?

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
In the 60s and 70s they remade a bunch of black n white movies and had some success, so maybe Hollywoods always been creatively lazy?

Think of all the movies that’ll be remade when they shoot full VR movies.

back to the crow, is this dude just becoming the default hire for freaky makeup roles?
Surprised his makeup wasn't CGI too. They overused that blood mist effect

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
Behold the director's resume and weep.
1710520206777.png

I mean, what the fuck? Who the fuck hires some failure director to make this kind of movie?

• 1Worf

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>
I am very curious if an audience for this movie even exists because if it does that will be for many of us a(nother) official “yup, I’m old” line cross.

Vuuxo

Karen
<Gold Donor>
I Despite the Spawn movie being horrible, but my favorite comic book, the soundtrack was phenomenal because every song was new stuff and it was a combination of two different bands creating a new song. Shit was just better back in the day.
The spawn soundtrack was Ok. The For Whom the Bell Tolls remix was awful.

• 1Like

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
The spawn soundtrack was Ok. The For Whom the Bell Tolls remix was awful.
Yeah that wasn't one of my favorite tracks and I'm not necessarily a fan of remixes, but for the time the Marilyn Manson one was pretty good, and I like the one with Slayer. I don't remember what other bands they did their collaboration with. Hell I haven't listened to that album in eons, just remember liking it when I was younger. Just kind of a neat idea that they got two different bands to make original songs for the movie. Pretty cool concept, I don't see that type of thing very often.

There's another album sort of in the same vein are the Nativity in Black tribute albums for Black Sabbath. Both of those are really good those. Both of them came out around the same time period.

I need to go back and listen to all three of those and relive my youth.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Mortal Kombat has the best soundtrack of any movie ever and it isn't that close.

Psykosonik, Traci Lords, KMFDM..shit fucking slaps.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Yeah that wasn't one of my favorite tracks and I'm not necessarily a fan of remixes, but for the time the Marilyn Manson one was pretty good, and I like the one with Slayer. I don't remember what other bands they did their collaboration with. Hell I haven't listened to that album in eons, just remember liking it when I was younger. Just kind of a neat idea that they got two different bands to make original songs for the movie. Pretty cool concept, I don't see that type of thing very often.

There's another album sort of in the same vein are the Nativity in Black tribute albums for Black Sabbath. Both of those are really good those. Both of them came out around the same time period.

i bought the Escape From LA soundtrack, i only wanted it for the White Zombie song, The One. it might have been their best song or at least it made the purchase worthwhile.
the movie was fucking terrible. i dragged my dad to the theater to see that and midway through i got "the look". the look that says, you done goofed, Charlie.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger

It's one of my favorites from the Soundtrack era.

Slayer and Atari Teenage Riot, Stabbing Westward and Josh Wink, Filter and the motherfucking Crystal Method.

Orbital, Korn. Anyone who liked both Industrial and Electronic music at that time was floored by that album. They wouldn't even try to pull that shit off these days.

Edit* I even forgot about Incubus and DJ Greyboy. Damn, this album fucking ruled.

Edit2* Holy fuck, how do you forget Prodigy and Tom Morello off that too. It is just name after name from those two genres.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users