The Crow

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
I don't necessarily know if it's a rip off at nightmare on elm Street, but that's some interesting ideas or at least the first one did. By the end of the film Lance henrikson regrets unleashing the monster on the teenagers, and there's an arc to his character that ties everything up pretty well.

Plus the monster looked great. I think that was Stan Winston.

I'm going to go have to find The wraith and watch it again. I really love that movie when I was younger, and I wonder if it's still holds up today.

I watched it a couple years back.

It ages worse than most movies ever could lol.

I watched it after listening to a “how did this get made” podcast about it, and some things in never noticed become glaring as an adult. I guess Charlie Sheen was on set for about 2 days. Dude is the star and only has like 6 minutes of screen time.

But damn if Sherilyn Fenn isn’t one of the all time great boner makers

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
That's what I meant, the comic series it was based off of started in 89. Which admittedly is still after the wraith, but the stories of his various revenants vary wildly.
Yeah I couldn't remember if it was originally a comic book, but there was something in the back of my mind telling me yes. Do you remember what publisher?

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
Gravity Kills - Blame and it isn't even close.
I don't remember that one. Lot of bands from that era that I've just kind of forgotten about. Filter, Helmut, Rorschach test, misery loves company.

Sounds like a KDMFM song. Was that a side project of there's maybe. I know they did the MDFMK back in the movie very late 90s early 2000s.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Yeah I couldn't remember if it was originally a comic book, but there was something in the back of my mind telling me yes. Do you remember what publisher?
Caliber Press was the first publisher, the current publisher is IDW Publishing. Dunno if there's a compilation out there of all the various stories but he wrote something like 10-15 different revenants, not just Eric Draven.

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
hell, the movie, Ghost with Patrick Swayze isnt far off from The Crow, he kills the guys that killed him a year or so after he died. i'm pretty sure this story is a typical paint by numbers revenge story for Hollywood.

• 1Like

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
Caliber Press was the first publisher, the current publisher is IDW Publishing. Dunno if there's a compilation out there of all the various stories but he wrote something like 10-15 different revenants, not just Eric Draven.
I never had any of the comics, but maybe I remember seeing them at the store before. Kind of reminds me of Spawn, and maybe Todd McFarlane ripped it off. I know the lore with that was there were a whole bunch of different spawns throughout the ages, and the offshoot comic was really good where would be like three or four issues covering one particular spawn in the dark ages or something. First set was a post-apocalyptic hellworld, I think they were called curse of the spawn. I got a bunch of them somewhere in a box.

I really need to dig out my old comics and go through them.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
The idea of the unjustly murdered person coming back for revenge is probably hundreds or even thousands of years old.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
You could make connections to just about anything if you tried. The 80's and 90's had a lot of great movies because they made them out of anything and each one varied slightly from its kin. You liked The Abyss but want something scarier? Deep Star Six or Leviathan.

Movies weren't all award winning, but who cares when they're fun? Hollywood changed that and started making just overpriced garbage.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
You could make connections to just about anything if you tried. The 80's and 90's had a lot of great movies because they made them out of anything and each one varied slightly from its kin. You liked The Abyss but want something scarier? Deep Star Six or Leviathan.

Movies weren't all award winning, but who cares when they're fun? Hollywood changed that and started making just overpriced garbage.
Hell yeah, Deep Star Six and Leviathan were both great shlock, Leviathan winning out. Think somebody had the idea to do Alien underwater.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Sterling

El Presidente
Movie was fine for it's time, but the soundtrack is way better than the movie.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
I remember liking Ghost Ship and Virus too.
Ghost ship was kind of cheesy but Virus was a neat idea, even if the CGI doesn't hold up.

Deep Rising is another fun movie. Surprisingly gory, but Treat Williams really hams up the role.

Also remember an old movie I want to say it was called Death Ship or some people come upon a ghost ship that was a Nazi prison ship or something. I guess they deal with ghosts and stuff. I haven't seen it since I was a kid but I remember kind of freaked me out.

• 1Solidarity

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
I remember liking Ghost Ship and Virus too.

Have you ever seen Moontrap? Star Trek's Chekhov and Ash Williams from Ash Versus the Evil Dead go to the moon and discover sentient alien technology that makes cyber zombies!

It's boring with a couple memorable scenes plus one decent pair of breasts.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Have you ever seen Moontrap? Star Trek's Chekhov and Ash Williams from Ash Versus the Evil Dead go to the moon and discover sentient alien technology that makes cyber zombies!

It's boring with a couple memorable scenes plus one decent pair of breasts.
I faintly remember watching that. That was back when I was in high school.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Since Edward Furlong starred in a sequel to The Crow and we'll talking about weird shit we've seen on a gamer forum I BRING YOU BRAINSCAN

I used to love all these cheesy horror flicks. Nowadays modern horror movies don't do a thing for me.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
i dont remember if Trick or Treat had a soundtrack. i just remember watching it with my gf on a saturday night and a week later just buying Fastway's album which had all those songs on it.

BTW

Purple Rain is the best movie soundtrack of the 80s and Saturday Night Fever has the best soundtrack of the 70s and all time.

• 2Like