The Curse

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
5.00 star(s) Rating: 5.00/5 1 Vote
Title: The Curse

Genre: Comedy

Cast: Emma Stone, Nathan Fielder, Benny Safdie

Overview: A genre-bending scripted comedy that explores how an alleged curse disturbs the relationship of a newly married couple as they try to conceive a child while co-starring on their problematic new HGTV show.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser

New comedy series starring Emma Stone coming to SHOWTIME
SHOWTIME has ordered the half-hour comedy series THE CURSE, to star Oscar winner Emma Stone (La La Land, The Favourite, Dogman), who will also serve as an executive producer on the project under her Fruit Tree banner. The series will be directed by and co-star Nathan Fielder (Nathan for You, How To with John Wilson), who will also executive produce alongside brothers Josh and Benny Safdie (Uncut Gems) and their Elara Pictures banner. A24 will produce the series. Fielder co-created the series with Benny Safdie, who will also star.

THE CURSE is a genre-bending scripted comedy that explores how an alleged curse disturbs the relationship of a newly married couple as they try to conceive a child while co-starring on their problematic new HGTV show.

joz123

Potato del Grande
no-poster.jpg

Title: The Curse

Genre: Comedy

Creator: Benny Safdie, Nathan Fielder

Cast: Emma Stone, Nathan Fielder, Benny Safdie, Corbin Bernsen, Barkhad Abdi, Constance Shulman, Michelle Campbell, Hans Christopher, Alexander Poncio, Jerry G. Angelo, Bennie Taylor, Timothy Oakes, Diana Navarrete

First aired: 2023-11-12

Overview: A genre-bending scripted comedy that explores how an alleged curse disturbs the relationship of a newly married couple as they try to conceive a child while co-starring on their problematic new HGTV show.

• 1WTF
Reactions: 1 user

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Weird first episode although perhaps that's to be expected.

The Rehearsal didn't click straight away, so perhaps this will be the same

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
I watched the trailer, and still have no idea what kind of show this is. I'll let you wade in on this one, let us know if its any good lol

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
I watched the trailer, and still have no idea what kind of show this is. I'll let you wade in on this one, let us know if its any good lol

The biggest vibe I got during first episode was early 00s mockumentary - similar to UK Office which was spoofing reality fly on the wall documentaries. But knowing Nathan Fielder it won't be as straight forward as a simple mockumentary and will be much more meta.

Edit: are you a cherry tomato boy?

Last edited:

velk

Trakanon Raider
I watched the first episode and I think it's safe to say that I didn't 'get it'.

Is it actually meant to be a comedy ? There was some vague amusement at cuck roleplay with a vibrator, but nothing I'd actually point out as funny.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
I watched the first episode and I think it's safe to say that I didn't 'get it'.

Is it actually meant to be a comedy ? There was some vague amusement at cuck roleplay with a vibrator, but nothing I'd actually point out as funny.

Did you watch Nathan for You or The Rehearsal?

Xevy

Log Wizard
The second half of the episode definitely picked up a bit. I like that there's a lot of Nathan For You vibes right now with all these shitty business ideas/Love In The Third Degree. Feels very on brand.

Lotta cherry tomato boys on this forum though, so I could see this show not going over well.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

joz123

Potato del Grande
Good episode. The 5 minute slow zoom on the producer dude was some grade A stuff.

TV show information provided by The Movie Database