The Dallas Cowboys Memorial (2015 Off-Season) Thread

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
It's hilarious how quickly Chiefs fans jumped on and then back off Smith's nuts. Reality starting to set in that the guy isn't very good, eh? Interdasting..
As opposed to the stellar play by Kaeperdud on that amazing "Superbowl or bust , we don't need Haurbaugh" 49ers.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Would be $13mil in dead money next year with $4 mil cap savings. Which is a lot better than this year's $29.5/13. Waiting until 2017 would be much better at only $2mil dead and $14m cleared for the cap. If he's there in 2018 they could save $16m with only $1mil in dead money.

Thing is, his cap numbers are around $16m, give or take, each year for the next three, which you could live with if he was actually playing like he earned it. The worst of the contract where he basically can't be cut is behind them after they suck it up for this season, he's not due to hit them for $20m plus or anything too crazy in any of the next three seasons.

PatrickStar

Trakanon Raider
Griffin almost got murdered. Man this franchise is such a shit show. Jags, Raiders, Redskins; that's the company they keep.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
They had him playing all the way into the second quarter in preseason 2? Maybe the coaches don't actually want him to start...

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
They had him playing all the way into the second quarter in preseason 2? Maybe the coaches don't actually want him to start...
This way we could watch Cousins throw picks, or McCoy fumble the ball as well/take more concussions. QB is a shit show for the Skins. Kill me now.

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
That or he's been so bad in practice that they thought he needed the reps. Which...in a way seems to indicate your reasoning lol.

Thanks for the Cutler info. I knew that was a shitty contract but wow, it kills them.

moontayle

Golden Squire
This way we could watch Cousins throw picks, or McCoy fumble the ball as well/take more concussions. QB is a shit show for the Skins. Kill me now.
I'd say every franchise has to suffer through QB woes but I'm not sure you've ever not suffered. But, at least you have Super Bowls. Always fall back on that.

Merrith

I'd say every franchise has to suffer through QB woes but I'm not sure you've ever not suffered. But, at least you have Super Bowls. Always fall back on that.
It's nice to say Gibbs won 3 Super Bowls with 3 different QB's, but really he just had a formula and needed a guy who didn't make a ton of mistakes and could throw a decent deep ball. We'll always have that Doug Williams Super Bowl and that Rypien year/Super Bowl though. That's about all we can fall back on. Since the last one aside from a nice season under Brent Johnson, and the crazy magic that was RG3's rookie year before the injuries...it's been a total clusterfuck.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Would be $13mil in dead money next year with $4 mil cap savings. Which is a lot better than this year's $29.5/13. Waiting until 2017 would be much better at only $2mil dead and $14m cleared for the cap. If he's there in 2018 they could save $16m with only $1mil in dead money.
Everything you're paying him might as well be dead money whether he's on the roster or not. I'd make him a June 1st cut next year.

Merrith

Fuck it, give Cousins the keys. He'll challenge for the league lead in picks, but at least he'll move the ball some.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Fuck it, give Cousins the keys. He'll challenge for the league lead in picks, but at least he'll move the ball some.
I don't know, he might do some crazy shit like play an entire season. Are you sure you're ready for that?