The Documentary Thread

Reaver

Trakanon Raider
I heard about a trailer that's available on Amazon (for purchase only) called "The Image Revolution". It's about the history of Image Comics, from how the founders originally worked for Marvel comics, then branched off to start their own venture in the form of Image Comics. They said it's decent. I'm looking for a free copy somewhere (netflix, torrent..) so far no luck. I'll update you guys if I find it.

The audio is all off on the only trailer I can find, but here you go none the less.

Not directly related, but I can recommend SFDebris' 'Rise and Fall of the Comic Empire' basically covers the time period where Marvel is bought by New World to when they were bought by Disney in 13 10-15min segments.
Comic History

ham

Lord Nagafen Raider
Watched the 30 for 30 about Duke Lacrosse last night. It's pretty incredible. So many things I learned that are "making of a murderer-ish" that I had no idea was going on

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I've heard good things about this movie also. Haven't seen it yet, but I'll watch it soon enough. Gotta finish Daredevil first.

Croetec

Lord Nagafen Raider
Just caught this today on Netflix, Fred Armisen and Bill Hader do 1 episode long mockumentaries and its pretty hilarious so far. Second episode is done in the style of the sometimes overly pretentious Vice documentary segments.

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
Anybody watch this documentary "Drone" on Netflix?

Seems kinda like some hipster bullshit, featured mostly a civil rights lawyer and a bunch of old men from afghanistan claiming american drones kill kids.

Luthair

Lord Nagafen Raider
Anybody watch this documentary "Drone" on Netflix?

Seems kinda like some hipster bullshit, featured mostly a civil rights lawyer and a bunch of old men from afghanistan claiming american drones kill kids.
I haven't watched it but last I heard Americans were classifying anyone over 14-years old nearby as a 'combatant'.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Valley Uprising is on Canadian Netfliz. About some of the prominent rock climbers who started in Yosemite National Park.

4/5

Croetec

Lord Nagafen Raider
Finally get to see Louis' Scientology documentary after I don't know how long, should be great like all his other stuff.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Haha. That guy does some good stuff. Here's another one of his:

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Watched two documentaries on Netflix the last couple days:

The Resurrection of Jake the Snake (The Resurrection of Jake the Snake (2015) - IMDb). This was more of a reality TV show about DDP Yoga and DDP's "Accountability Crib" than anything else. There was no real redemption and Jake the Snake just relapses over and over every time he's left alone. Wouldn't recommend, pretty boring.

The other one was Welcome to Leith (Welcome to Leith (2015) - IMDb)

Summary:

'Welcome to Leith' is a feature documentary chronicling the attempted takeover of a small town in North Dakota by notorious white supremacist Craig Cobb. Filmed in the days leading up to Cobb's arrest for terrorizing the townspeople on an armed patrol and his subsequent release from jail six months later, the film is an eerie document of American DIY ideals.
This one was pretty interesting. Kind of a fucked up story about a town of like 20 people and how they try to deal with a racist trying to take over their town. Only problem with this was it drags a bit and there is no real payoff to the story.

Zapatta

Krugman's Fax Machine
<Gold Donor>
Louis Theroux's Scientology movie torrents are out

Watched it, Brits always seem to come at Scientology from a 'whacky' POV. The CoS training exercise bit was interesting but Going Clear was a better doc all around.