The Documentary Thread

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
There's a doc on Netflix (Canada) called My Sex Robot, about neckbeards who would like to bang women robots.

My face while watching

denzel.jpg

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
I don't know if this will ever get a wide release but if it shows up nearby it may be the first documentary I've seen in the theater in a long time.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
These two are both pretty cool.

Sour Grapes is a movie all about fraud in the world of wine collections, and how this guy who was considered to have the best pallet in wine tasting was creating all these bogus bottles. It's on Netflix.

----------------------------------------------------------

Prison Fighters is a Showtime documentary about these prisoners in Thailand that decide to fight in tournaments. If they win the tournament, they're released from prison and all charges are dropped. They're completely free. If they lose, they're back in gen pop for the remainder of their sentence. It's pretty intense.

Last edited:

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>

Sour Grapes is a movie all about fraud in the world of wine collections, and how this guy who was considered to have the best pallet in wine tasting was creating all these bogus bottles. It's on Netflix.

Prison Fighters is a Showtime documentary about these prisoners in Thailand that decide to fight in tournaments. If they win the tournament, they're released from prison and all charges are dropped. They're completely free. If they lose, they're back in gen pop for the remainder of their sentence. It's pretty intense.

Sour grapes was crazy. Seemed like that dude could have used his pallet and knowledge to make legit money.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
There's another doc I heard about that's on Netflix. Supposed to be really good.
The Imposter, about a kid that goes missing and someone else takes his place.

• 1Like

Croetec

Lord Nagafen Raider
Looks like a documentary about Interscope in the 90's, though mainly focusing on Dre and Jimmy Lovine ,is coming out should be pretty good.

Last edited:

Voyce

Shit Lord Supreme
<Donor>

Muay Thai is such an awesome style.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Movie from 2012 about firefighters in Detroit and how it's a losing battle. They're under equipped to handle even one a fire, yet they're trying to put out 7+ fires every night by people trying to burn out the abandoned shit.

Porkchop

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Bronze Donator>
I liked this documentary on Hulu about Big Brother magazine, which gave way to Jackass. Funny and well done. I remember Big Brother but always thought it was an underground zine that just went away. Never knew it had so much influence.

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
I liked this documentary on Hulu about Big Brother magazine, which gave way to Jackass. Funny and well done. I remember Big Brother but always thought it was an underground zine that just went away. Never knew it had so much influence.

Just watched this, liked it a lot. Thanks for the recommend.

• 1Like

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Just watched "American Anarchist". Doc about the guy who wrote The Anarchist Cookbook and what it's done to his life.

It was a pretty good look at an extreme example of a young person doing something without thinking about the consequences and it drastically altering the course of their life.

faille

Molten Core Raider

I saw a preview to An Inconvenient Sequel last night. Not nearly as informative as the first one, though it shows quite a lot of how the extremes of climate change are becoming more prominent. Covers some of the more promising aspect, such as the uptake of solar far out stripping the wild predictions.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm

Super late to the party but I watched this last night and it was super interesting. I didn't really know what to expect and thought it would just dive into the wormhole of weird fetish sites. But I couldn't stop watching. What a weird story.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Betting on Zero. Netflix atm

About the big multi level marketing companies and a guy betting against them.