The Elder Scrolls Online

Rescorla_sl

shitlord
Jesus i read the last two pages to try and get more info on ESO and all i see is EQ and SWTOR talk
That all started because I made a favorable comparison of group mechanics in ESO to EQ1. The rabid ESO haters went full court press trying to discredit that opinion despite the fact none of them have likely even been in a ESO dungeon yet.

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
Did Rescorla provide proof of beta? Missed it if you confirmed already.
I think this is a good point and something I always bring up. I'll take an infarction, yet I am also not the one that started the accusations in the first place. I do however, end them.

That all started because I made a favorable comparison of group mechanics in ESO to EQ1. The rabid ESO haters went full court press trying to discredit that opinion despite the fact none of them have likely even been in a ESO dungeon yet.
They don't need to. All they have to do is watch that video of what no doubt was a producer telling them to run around and make everything look "Elder Scrolls Actiony" - They obviously weren't impressed with the first take, so after watching that youtube video I am under the impression they gave a few QA testers about 56 Red Bulls and told them to jump around all over the screen at monsters that... aren't doing shit... to make it look like such an exciting game to play.

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
You're showing your inner Ut. We were mostly taking exception with your poor memory of EQ mechanics/gameplay.

InterSlayer_sl

shitlord
Every now and again people care more about stirring the pot than make any relevant point. It's one of those things right now. It will come back around when they get tired. Just try to take the entertainment value from it so it's not a total waste of a read.
Utnayan's back and forth from today alone was more entertaining than the 30 minutes I spent in TESO weekend beta.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
Yeah, games are serious business.
Yeah, wiping over over and is so fucking fun that I'd rather just wipe forever and ever with no hope of success because the healer isn't actually casting heal spells or the dps is doing nothing at all. So everyone quits and leaves and nobody ever gets better because as far as they know, it wasn't their fault.

Rescorla_sl

shitlord
I think this is a good point and something I always bring up. I'll take an infarction, yet I am also not the one that started the accusations in the first place. I do however, end them.
I provided enough proof that I'm willing to bet a large majority of the posters here believe me over you. Once again, here are the lies you told:

1) You lied about being in the closed beta. You tried to wiggle out of this hole by claiming I work for Zenimax and if you provided proof you were in the closed beta, I would get you kicked out (of a game you despise).
2) You lied about there being no way to measure combat results and test of skills were working as designed. A couple of posters in the closed beta confirmed there were player made addons that provided this capability.
3) You lied about addons being disabled. They have been working fine for at least the past five weeks, which just happens to be how long I've been in the closed beta.

BTW what exactly do you think you are ending besides your credibility?

spronk

FPS noob
to be fair your (kreugen) pubbie adventures in any MMO is a daily highlight in guild chat, you have the superpower of attracting the worst players in the world into your groups. i'm also pretty sure you secretly love it!

Rescorla_sl

shitlord
You're showing your inner Ut. We were mostly taking exception with your poor memory of EQ mechanics/gameplay.
My memory of EQ mechanics/gameplay is perfectly fine. People are ignoring the main point I was making in order to argue with my opinion that group play in EQ1 was challenging. If group play in EQ1 was simple for you then I am willing to stipulate you were a better EQ1 player than me.

My main point is that since EQ1/vanilla WoW, MMOs have gotten progressively dumbed down to make dungeon crawling easier. In terms of challenge, group play in ESO is closer to EQ1/vanilla WoW IN MY OPINION. There is a distinct possibility you may find it just as simple of EQ1.

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
Very poor memory. In the fact that her version of the game never existed to begin with.

Kruegen is right in this regard. The tools aren't meant to call out the people who do not know how to hit buttons fast enough, it's really meant to look at a healer who for some reason is doing a lot of DPS but no healing, or people that are standing in things. It is supposed to be for correcting. It isn't fun spending an hour of your day wiping to the same thing over and over because some retard can't remember to jump when the mechanic wants them to jump.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
It's cool, without meters people will just kick the person with the weakest gear.
I'm with you 100% All games that have competitive group/raid content should have built in damage meters. And if you're a DPS class and you don't like damage meters you're probably terrible.

edit: Knock off this 'Is Utnayan in beta? Did Rescorla misremember what lguk was like?'. Let's focus on the things that are wrong with TESO.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
The funny thing is, if your reference point is EQ, then making things exponentially more complex is "dumbing things down."

The real difference is in EQ the penalty for failure was massively higher than in any other game, in terms of time wasted.

And even that isn't anywhere near as true anymore. Campfires, lol. You can teleport right back to where you wiped.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I dont mind damage meters. But there is alot more to it than just hurr damage. For example in ffxiv damage had fuck all to do if your group failed or not.

And I have a feeling, looking at those videos of group content, it will be the same here.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
People who think meters are just for measuring DPS are doing it wrong.

For example, "you died because you stood in fire for 10 seconds. You suck."

Or, "you died because you went a full minute without getting a heal while taking unavoidable damage. The healer sucks."

Or, "you died because you take more damage than anyone can possibly heal. your gear sucks"

Or, "your dps sucks because you only pushed buttons for 30% of the fight. Fuck off."

And so on.