The Elder Scrolls Online

Blackwulf

N00b
How many times do we have to explain to you that this HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH BOTS. This will not stop bots, at fucking all. Bots don't fucking use ingame shit, they read directly from memory.

If they wanted to stop autocasting macros or the like, they can do that by making the API not able to activate abilities, just like WoW did a long time ago.

Please, stop repeating this BS about it being used to stop bots or autocasting shit. That is a bullshit excuse. It isn't simply Utnayan telling you this. It is from people that supported this game before this change.
So, you seem to be the most wound up person here with regard to this issue, how about you enlighten me about why this is so world shattering? So you have to look for more artistic clues about buffs/debuffs. Who cares? Why is this crushing your world right now? What were you hoping to get from the UI that you can't have now? You can still run a DPS meter on yourself. Your guildies can too. Are you worried that you will have to pay attention to when your armor buff wears off and recast it? What is it? Why is this so fucking tragic? Lay it out for me in plain English - how is this going to ruin your gameplay experience?

Rescorla_sl

shitlord
Anyone who just read what you wrote and works on his team and posts here (There are many) and others in the industry, are laughing at this right now. He is notorious.

And quite obviously, they are not like that to his face, because if anyone said anything, they would be blackballed in the industry because the industry doesn't like that sort of thing.

That's good you have the inside track with the janitor though. Paul Sage may have left him some of his Ham and swiss on Wheat when he left the office at 4 when everyone else is in crunch mode!
Is this claim like your other claims that turned out to be complete fabrications? Aside from Grave, who are all these numerous ZOS employees who post here? What is it about you that prompts all of these unnamed developers from MMO companies to secretly leak damaging info about the games they work on to you and only you?

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I agree with this stance because I like to pvp and I don't want even one asshole I run into to be running bots. Simple.
If you like PvP you should get more info about PvP and how it works in MMOs : first of all, gutting API won't prevent people from cheating, exploiting and doing bad things. There already is abot for TESO, and it's safe to assume more will come, API or not. Second, a player "running bots" doesn't really mean anything, PvP wise. Are we talking about scripts ? Macros ? "Smart" scripts that would trigger some action (i.e. purging the enemy as soon as he got buffs on him) would turn really shitty, especially when you have GCDs to to deal with. It wouldn't give a solid advantage in PvP, since you can't really hard theorycraft any encounter and you'd spend more time dealing with your scripts than actual fighting. And about macros, with nowadays keyboards you can macro a lot of stuff, again API or not.

Third, ZOS vision would be quite okay if TESOs UI would be functional, but it's not. You have status bars at the bottom of your screen, action at the middle, enemy / ally status bars at the top of the screen. If you do serious PvP you should know it's quite tedious having too much space between UI elements, your eyes would become tired very fast and you'll see yourself having to move your head up and down to "see" the different UI elements. At least we should be able to move the frames. Let's see how it really works if you want optimal performance and eye comfort :

60434eb7904b1ee665bc1e2ed6cc1.jpg

Red circle : vital informations zone (where critical stuff happens).
Blue square : eye comfort zone (which would vary regarding your screen's height and size).
Green thing : Head-up Display (HUD) zone, optimal eye comfort and vital UI informations).

Now regarding TESO's UI, having to raise your head / eyes each time to check whatever debuff / buff your enemy is on, is really tedious. Checking your ability bar, your status bars and your enemy's target frame requires 3 eye "moves", where in my screenshot it requires none. Keep sieges wise, you'll never see a thing, you'll spend your time jumping from one UI element to another, and ZOS bar status requires you to check the bar for seconds to see what's going on, instead of having a icon which can be seen in a fraction of second. Some people, let's call them the expert players, would like to minmax their user interface as well. They'd like a combat log, moving frames, displaying useful information to get the best of their gameplay. Saying "let's gut the API otherwise people will cheat and run bots" it like saying "let's stop waste management because the Mafia uses it to launder money". I don't know about you, but I don't want to live in a world of shit just because some people don't follow the rules.

Vitality

HUSTLE
So, you seem to be the most wound up person here with regard to this issue, how about you enlighten me about why this is so world shattering? So you have to look for more artistic clues about buffs/debuffs. Who cares? Why is this crushing your world right now? What were you hoping to get from the UI that you can't have now? You can still run a DPS meter on yourself. Your guildies can too. Are you worried that you will have to pay attention to when your armor buff wears off and recast it? What is it? Why is this so fucking tragic? Lay it out for me in plain English - how is this going to ruin your gameplay experience?
Your skill in Dodge has increased (52)

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Afraid of bots in pvp? I wouldn't mind bots in pvp, then they are just fodder. Even auto interrupt scripts are easy to juke and make them waste a interrupt.

And like the french guy said, you can't stop bots/scripts/hacks/cheats etc. They read memory, sniff packets etc.

In the end its really about people sucking at pvp so they look to blame something for their loss," omg that guy can see when my buff wore off and then he unloaded on me and I died!".

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
Is this claim like your other claims that turned out to be complete fabrications? Aside from Grave, who are all these numerous ZOS employees who post here? What is it about you that prompts all of these unnamed developers from MMO companies to secretly leak damaging info about the games they work on to you and only you?
I'm watching at all these supposed fabrications come to light while every one of them comes true. And aside from the game design issues, complete top down development making the most bone headed decisions which were also called about 6 months before you got here. A spade is a spade, and at this point, let's just hope your game even runs. At all. Even somewhat decently, in the first 3 weeks. By then everyone will quit and server load won't matter.

And yeah, there are tons of developers that read these forums that work for ZOS. As well as others that no longer work for ZOS. Grave was hired by Lambert. So I know exactly who Grave is. Grave should be in these team lead decisions. The game wouldn't be in this state. As of right now, anyone who wants to work elsewhere (The majority of them) are just waiting for this thing to ship so they can plaster that on their resume and get the hell out from underneath his charge.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
What "magic patch" is needed? I mean the only issues I had were quest bugs and lag in that one cyro campaign(and it was only in that one, the other full campaigns had no issues). Supposedly the first is fixed(will have to see), who knows about the latter.

Odd no bow on the table in tutorial.

Also most important update :

Updated the profanity filter word list

Vitality

HUSTLE
What "magic patch" is needed? I mean the only issues I had were quest bugs and lag in that one cyro campaign(and it was only in that one, the other full campaigns had no issues). Supposedly the first is fixed(will have to see), who knows about the latter.

Odd no bow on the table in tutorial.

No bow, only one staff, I feel like I'm about to have sex with someone who's untested

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>

Someone got word that Blackwulf was going to make a bunch of character names with "Ut(Enter swear word here)".

BW you should have kept silent.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
No bow, only one staff, I feel like I'm about to have sex with someone who's untested
Hehe, its odd but I'm not too worried about it. By the time I got out of that tutorial I had mutliples of every weapon and lots of armor. Though I am sure not many people did what I did and opened every single thing I could see.

Rescorla_sl

shitlord
I'm watching at all these supposed fabrications come to light while every one of them comes true. And aside from the game design issues, complete top down development making the most bone headed decisions which were also called about 6 months before you got here. A spade is a spade, and at this point, let's just hope your game even runs. At all. Even somewhat decently, in the first 3 weeks. By then everyone will quit and server load won't matter.

And yeah, there are tons of developers that read these forums that work for ZOS. As well as others that no longer work for ZOS. Grave was hired by Lambert. So I know exactly who Grave is. Grave should be in these team lead decisions. The game wouldn't be in this state. As of right now, anyone who wants to work elsewhere (The majority of them) are just waiting for this thing to ship so they can plaster that on their resume and get the hell out from underneath his charge.
The #1 fabrication was the one where you insisted you were in the closed beta on PTS when in reality you were only in the weekend betas. Another one is where you kept claiming the post level 17 content was unfinished and that is why they wouldn't drop the NDA. There is also the obvious fabrication about the existence of addons which you claimed were not available and/or functioning.

Pretty much every other negative prediction you have made about this game is just a random dart you have thrown out that any veteran MMO gamer would know to throw out based on what has happened in pretty much every MMO launch in history.

That is all water under the bridge. We all know you have an irrational hatred of Paul Sage. How do we know this time around you are actually telling the truth about the people who work for him despising him and just waiting to jump ship?

Rescorla_sl

shitlord
The shills haven't learned to tune him out and just respond with simple one liners.
Aren't we allowed to have fun with him?

Can you imagine how much entertainment value there is going to be next week if his biggest claim of all about the megaserver destined to be a failure doesn't come to fruition and the launch turns out to be relatively stable?

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
/\ Then I will buy it and play with PRX. Hell, I'll even give them a month. If PRX is still around by then and haven't all jumped ship.

Great, another fucking UT derail.
I'll ignore him. He's wrong. I'm right. It's really as simple as that and the proof is in the pudding with the launch of this game. Regardless of which way he spins it. He'll be gone soon enough anyway after this launches and the 2 week launch window for box sales hits less than it's forecasted minimum.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
I'm in favor of those notes. Lots of good fixes for quests. Looks like the Dark Elf will beevenbetterfor DK Fire Mage build.
People were in favor of the last time they had all those great fixes for quests too. The last patch notes for the last two weekend betas that said the same thing. Yet, without another weekend beta until early access on Sunday, ZO doesn't even know how they react in the wild.

That's the inherent issue unfortunately.