The Elder Scrolls Online

Diemess

Silver Knight of the Realm
i definitely need to get on a rig to play this. I'm currently on a laptop. Not fun.

Anyone got any links to a good rig? thx

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
i definitely need to get on a rig to play this. I'm currently on a laptop. Not fun.

Anyone got any links to a good rig? thx
If your willing to throw down around 1K for a computer then you should at least take the time to read the last 20 pages or so of this threadDesktop Computers. You should have a really good idea what you want by the time you are done.

gogojira_sl

shitlord
Also, get your CPU from Microcenter if you have one nearby. It's always in-store only for a CPU, but their prices are crazy low. AMD prices on graphics cards are typically a nice value but are jacked right now because of cryptocurrency. I don't even fully understand that, but there you go.

gogojira_sl

shitlord
You could always use someone likeibuypowerif you don't feel like building it yourself and still want a custom rig. A friend of mine just ordered from there and had a good experience. You aren't going to be able to be as flexible with your parts and naturally it won't be as cheap as doing it all yourself, but it isn't absurd or anything. The worst part is assembly and time to ship. I think it took a month or so total for his rig to come in.

Gecko_sl

shitlord
interesting!

let me just give you guys the money and you build it yeah? ;p
Dell Outlet does 30% off sales all the times. If you don't want to build that's the way to go. I used to build every 18 months but it's a waste of my time now that I'm older. A few years ago I got a rig with an i2400k and 6970 cheap cheap. You really aren't saving any money building your own, just getting a small percent in performance, generally. Check Slickdeals or check em out on twitter. I'd go that route before ibuypower or cyberpower. I've heard too many bad stories, and Dell's stuff lasts and their support is good.

gogojira_sl

shitlord
Dell Outlet does 30% off sales all the times. If you don't want to build that's the way to go. I used to build every 18 months but it's a waste of my time now that I'm older. A few years ago I got a rig with an i2400k and 6970 cheap cheap. You really aren't saving any money building your own, just getting a small percent in performance, generally. Check Slickdeals or check em out on twitter. I'd go that route before ibuypower or cyberpower. I've heard too many bad stories, and Dell's stuff lasts and their support is good.
You've got an Internet's worth of sites to shop from, of course you'll save money and get more power in the process. Whether or not it's worth it to you is a different story and while I'd still just build my own, sites like ibuypower certainly make a solid argument for just letting someone else do it. When you're tied to someone like Dell there's little wiggle room though aside from selecting which level of power you want with your component. Building my own, I can select a 780 and push even further by going Asus, PNY, or EVGA, one of which may be selling for a good chunk cheaper.

lost

<Bronze Donator>
I just ordered a sager laptop from xoticpc. They give a cash discount and also option to not pay for an operating system (saves $80), whereas the manufacturing website wouldnt. Got a decent gaming one for about 1300, with extra heatsinks added and different thermal paste. Had problems with my asus G53J overheating before (and it just died after trying to solder on a new charging port to the mobo LOL) so figured this laptop I'd get the extra heatsinks since wasnt paying for an operating system (and well i didnt want to be forced to use windows 8).

Got the laptop with 16 gig ddr3 ram, i7-4810MQ, nvidia 850M 2gb, hybrid 1TB seagate drive, blu-ray reader, and everything else that came standard with the NP6658. Went with a 15.6 inch screen due to my asus being 17 and weighing about 8 lbs (this one weighs 5ish).

xoticpc sounds the same as the ibuypower, where they will customize any laptop you need. but yeah sager wasnt offering to forgo me paying for the operating system, add extra heatsinks, or give a 3% cash discount. Also xoticpc had more options when came to different types of hardrive/SATA you could put into it.

Also just got another account, amazing how many good deals there are.. found imperial key + explorer for $50, also seen regular keys going for 35 and less. Also saw a level 50 for $50, wtf lol. going to level a templar on it I tihnk as a backup healbot. Need to finish my dungeons on my nightblade to hit veteran areas. I was thinking making the templar ebonheart like my nightblade, and making all level 1s on there to do hireling runs also.

Gutterflesh

Parody Account
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Go me. I got hit with the bank bug today. Log in to find my bank is completely empty and lost all my purchased bank slots. This isn't even that obscure of a bug either...

Missing Bank Items, Bank Slots, Skill Points - Elder Scrolls Online

Seriously? I've been playing MMOs since EQ and I honestly can not recall a worse bug than this. Considering how long this has been going on without a fix or even a proper response on how/when it will be fixed is fucking horrible. I can't believe I purchased a three month subscription for this piece of shit.

Gecko_sl

shitlord
You've got an Internet's worth of sites to shop from, of course you'll save money and get more power in the process. Whether or not it's worth it to you is a different story and while I'd still just build my own, sites like ibuypower certainly make a solid argument for just letting someone else do it. When you're tied to someone like Dell there's little wiggle room though aside from selecting which level of power you want with your component. Building my own, I can select a 780 and push even further by going Asus, PNY, or EVGA, one of which may be selling for a good chunk cheaper.
In my personal comparison if you price it piece by piece with a frequent 30% off deal and add the O/S the amount always ends up more money for a self built. If you pirate the OS which I don't personally do it's closer but still more.

I bought an Alienware with a 6970, i5 with 16G RAM for under 800 when the components alone without the OS were going for around 1k on Newegg, and my chassis is far better than a midrange one.

I agree you can tune parts building, but in my experience a 6970 is 6970 and a GTX 670 is a GTX 670. If one enjoys it then it's great, but you aren't losing money or much performance buying from a vendor. After 15 years of building my own, I'm just not interested in doing it again.

lost

<Bronze Donator>
Also whats a good weapon skill for AE templar build? I went with high elf race for magicka regen/dmg. But can reroll. also how do you skip the tutorial?

gogojira_sl

shitlord
In my personal comparison if you price it piece by piece with a frequent 30% off deal and add the O/S the amount always ends up more money for a self built. If you pirate the OS which I don't personally do it's closer but still more.

I bought an Alienware with a 6970, i5 with 16G RAM for under 800 when the components alone without the OS were going for around 1k on Newegg, and my chassis is far better than a midrange one.

I agree you can tune parts building, but in my experience a 6970 is 6970 and a GTX 670 is a GTX 670. If one enjoys it then it's great, but you aren't losing money or much performance buying from a vendor. After 15 years of building my own, I'm just not interested in doing it again.
Not bad on the price and I totally see where you're coming from on the last sentence. It's definitely lost a bit of its appeal to me, but I can never seem to stop myself from wanting to hand pick everything. My build is about a year old now and I can't remember the total cost, but shopping at a combination of NewEgg, NCIX, Microcenter and Amazon got me some really nice deals on my components (7970 ghz edition, i7 3770K here). Still, the idea of going to one dealer, checking a few boxes, hitting order and waiting for it to come in completely installed certainly sounds great.

Edit: And for clarity, when I mentioned brands I strictly meant for price shopping, not performance differences. I think we're roughly on the same page!

BubbySoup

Golden Knight of the Realm
Also whats a good weapon skill for AE templar build? I went with high elf race for magicka regen/dmg. But can reroll. also how do you skip the tutorial?
You will get the option to skip the tutorial when creating a new character once you have completed it once.

Budrick

Molten Core Raider
Me too. I just got hit with the bank bug right now.
I only bought extra slots this morning too. Seems pretty clear, although anecdotal evidence only, that this is a pretty widespread problem.

Go me. I got hit with the bank bug today. Log in to find my bank is completely empty and lost all my purchased bank slots. This isn't even that obscure of a bug either...

Missing Bank Items, Bank Slots, Skill Points - Elder Scrolls Online

Seriously? I've been playing MMOs since EQ and I honestly can not recall a worse bug than this. Considering how long this has been going on without a fix or even a proper response on how/when it will be fixed is fucking horrible. I can't believe I purchased a three month subscription for this piece of shit.