The Expanse

Runnen

Vyemm Raider
I'm not watching the next three unless you homos gush about how awesome it is.

Jeff Bezos, probably.

GIF by Giphy QA

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
I'm not watching the next three unless you homos gush about how awesome it is. This is like a boring version of the GoT ending. Wet fucking fart.
Let's not get crazy now. This season isn't great but nothing comes close to GoT other than Lost and maybe leather clad homo wops in season 6 of Sopranos.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Let's not get crazy now. This season isn't great but nothing comes close to GoT other than Lost and maybe leather clad homo wops in season 6 of Sopranos.
Making Ellen Tigh the crucial member of the final 5?

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Glad they mostly copied the fight between the Rocinante and Pella. Outsmarting the nav computer that's dodging your railgun seems like it would make a better moment than a lazy pilot though.

In the book, Amos grilled Holden about deactivating the torpedo. Amos understood why he did it but then asked if Holden was capable killing Marco(and Phillip) given the high likelihood of that happening again. Holden rationalizes it by saying he was forced in Fred Johnson's position by the latter's sudden death. Since his "tribe" has expanded, he has to take the shot this time. Since Fred died last season, and I'm not really seeing a character uniting Belters against Inaros(that they're likely to kill), how is Holden going to rationalize this conversation in the show?

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
That's what the parentheses were for. Drummer does all the work and Holden for a QB sneak to take it in? IDK, 3 episodes left, killing off Drummer and Holden meaningfully finishing her work? Seems like a stretch.

Cybsled

I don't think anyone has to die in the place of Fred. They'll just play it out like this

Holden tells Naomi what he did, because he wanted to protect Filip because he is Naomi's kid and knows Naomi is in a bad place
Naomi later decides to proceed with the "Dutchman" plan, being willing to sacrifice Filip and show she is able to move past that bad place for the good of the system

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Minor spoiler about Filip. Since everyone hates him.
Even in the final book they don't even mention his name. That is how reviled the character is. Nobody even wanted to know what happened to him lol.

Cybsled

He’s mentioned once

Naomi POV chapter has a line where she reflects on both Marco and her don being dead

• 1Like

Goatface

finally watched the 3 one ship shorts. the best is the 3rd with amos and bobbie.

• 1Like

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
The Laconia business continues to confound. There has to be a plan for something to deal with the final three books yeah? Otherwise all this effort building up the Laconian plot in the cold opens makes no sense whatsoever.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
The Laconia business continues to confound. There has to be a plan for something to deal with the final three books yeah? Otherwise all this effort building up the Laconian plot in the cold opens makes no sense whatsoever.
what more little girl obsessing over dead birds and some sort of weird salamander dog eating them?

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Are seasons 3-4 better than 1-2? I'm almost finished with S2 and I rate this show a B- at best, and it sounds like 5-6 suck, so 3-4 better be really fucking good or this isn't worth watching.

• 1Like

Sterling

El Presidente
Are seasons 3-4 better than 1-2? I'm almost finished with S2 and I rate this show a B- at best, and it sounds like 5-6 suck, so 3-4 better be really fucking good or this isn't worth watching.
I liked S3 a lot, but I also really, really liked the first 2 seasons. I'm not sure I've ever seen anyone that got past the first couple of episodes and called it a mediocre show. Maybe it's just not a show for you.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I liked S3 a lot, but I also really, really liked the first 2 seasons. I'm not sure I've ever seen anyone that got past the first couple of episodes and called it a mediocre show. Maybe it's just not a show for you.
A B- is fine, but I was expecting something great like the first 2.25 seasons of BSG given all the hype surrounding the show, and this isn't close.

• 1Like

Sterling

El Presidente
A B- is fine, but I was expecting something great like the first 2.25 seasons of BSG given all the hype surrounding the show, and this isn't close.
That's fair I guess. I think most people will have that reversed though. I liked BSG fine, but I think the first 3 seasons of this show are just much better.

• 1Like

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I am not sure how they finish this with less than 2 hours left for the show. It almost feels like they are just setting up for a new show or movie as slow as this feels like it is going. I actually would not mind the pacing if it had 8 more episodes to go. It is moving along but not as fast as I think it should be. That episode felt like a lot of set up.

• 1Like

Sterling

El Presidente
I am not sure how they finish this with less than 2 hours left for the show. It almost feels like they are just setting up for a new show or movie as slow as this feels like it is going. I actually would not mind the pacing if it had 8 more episodes to go. It is moving along but not as fast as I think it should be. That episode felt like a lot of set up.
Right. When it was announced that it was 6 episodes I sort of expected them to skip the Laconia stuff as well as the post time jump stuff. But here we are.

• 1Like