The Falcon and the Winter Soldier

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
I laughed out loud when the guy called himself Battlestar.

"Excuse me sir, this is a Battlestar"

View attachment 344589

You are no Battlestar...

What in the fuck dude. That ain't no fukkin battlestar.

de59586d273b7044f2d84bdf569ceca2.jpg

• 6Like
  • 1Worf
  • 1Garbage
Reactions: 7 users

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
THREE MEDALS OF HONOR!?!

Season 9 Premiere GIF by Curb Your Enthusiasm

Pretty good. Pretty, pretty good. But he ain't got nothing on this guy...

MacGruber.jpg

• 2Solidarity
  • 2Like
Reactions: 3 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
they had to says 3 because there are 19 others with 2. the last double recipient was in 1918. i wonder what war did he fight in that earned him that many?

Except a chunk of the double recipients were awarded two medals of honor for the same action because at the time there was a separate medal of honor for each branch. And of those double recipients for separate actions, it's doubtful whether both their awards would survive serious scrutiny. For example, George Custer's little brother Thomas was awarded two medals but when you read about the actions you wonder if perhaps instead of commended he should have been brought up on charges for his recklessness, and how much the influence of his older brother, whom he was aide-de-camp to, was the actual reason for his commendations.

Also how the fuck could you possibly have time to earn three medals of honor? Pretty sure they pull you from combat assignments when you get nominated for any of the really high honors, and then you're stuck behind a desk waiting for the approval process. No medal recipient has been allowed to return to combat duty since Vietnam. Also also, very few people survive the action that earns them a medal of honor, so doing that three times is also fucking ridiculous.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Except a chunk of the double recipients were awarded two medals of honor for the same action because at the time there was a separate medal of honor for each branch. And of those double recipients for separate actions, it's doubtful whether both their awards would survive serious scrutiny. For example, George Custer's little brother Thomas was awarded two medals but when you read about the actions you wonder if perhaps instead of commended he should have been brought up on charges for his recklessness, and how much the influence of his older brother, whom he was aide-de-camp to, was the actual reason for his commendations.

Also how the fuck could you possibly have time to earn three medals of honor? Pretty sure they pull you from combat assignments when you get nominated for any of the really high honors, and then you're stuck behind a desk waiting for the approval process. No medal recipient has been allowed to return to combat duty since Vietnam. Also also, very few people survive the action that earns them a medal of honor, so doing that three times is also fucking ridiculous.
well, thats what i was alluding to. its so fucking monumentally difficult to earn a MoH and actually survive to tell the tale, but this fucktard has 3? like what fucking war was there that he had time to earn 3 fucking MoHs? and dont say he was in the Battle for Earth in Endgame or Infinity War because he said he never met Cap or basically anyone else from the Avengers. those battles were set around fighting the Avengers and it wasnt a global thing. saying he has 3 MoHs is just such a stupid geek writer thing to add. its like in movies where they make some dude something silly like a 10 star general but never explain how something like that is even possible. they just add stars and awards to make their charactesr seem more badass. this new Cap when he had the chance to tell Falcon and Bucky why they should team up didnt even mention how he earned his street cred. just, "hey guys we should totally team up. no? ok stay out of our way." derpity derp derp.

-edit
factoring that in put up some serious red flags for me and i am now thinking this guy was engineered in a lab somewhere and he didnt ever do shit before becoming NuCap.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
factoring that in put up some serious red flags for me and i am now thinking this guy was engineered in a lab somewhere and he didnt ever do shit before becoming NuCap.

tbh I doubt they put any thought into it beyond this

writer 1: how can we make this guy seem like a real badass?
writer 2: what if he won TWO medals of honor?
writer 1: omg thats so awesome
writer 2: wait, wikipedia says some people already did that
writer 1: really? ok what about THREE medals of honor?
writer 2: omg thats so awesome because three is even bigger than two!

• 4Like

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
17 double Medal of Honor recepients, who are people that hung out with characters like Buffalo fuckin Bill, or the dude that made the bulldog the mascot of the Marines, and most of these names I've at least heard of in passing as legendary motherfuckers.

Three? Pfft. How many medals did they give Steve Rogers? At least one for dumping the plane into the ocean after his WW2 efforts. Maybe one for Loki's New York invasion, but then he was disavowed...

This guy likely served a lot of time in special ops in Afghanistan, Pakistan, and shit like that. I personally know a guy that's still doing confidential ops he can't talk about, and will be gone for months at a time. Only way he's getting a single MOH is if he dies.

It's just cartoonistic. Three. Pfft. They could have rattled off multiple medals of freedom, silver stars, shit like that, but they had to go for the throat on medals.

Theyre doing a really good job of making this dude very unlikeable. His first scene gives you the impression that you're going to be empathetic to his situation, but he just comes off as a pretentious douche who hasn't truly earned his metal. Bucky has 80 years on his belt. Falcon literally served with Captain America, and fought aliens and shit. What the fuck has this dude actually done?

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
Guys you need to give nucap a break, he jumped on 4 grenades by using his helmet to blunt the explosion. Dude should have 4 MoH.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Guurn

<Bronze Donator>
I finally got around to watching the first 2 episodes. How anyone can't tell everything that is going to happen is beyond me. I liked most of the story so far but yes, the financial stuff is idiotic. When the globalists turn out to be the good guys after most of them get killed off I may nope out.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
  • 1Garbage

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
Finally got around to finishing ep1 and watching ep 2. Much better than my first impression, I was wrong. This is pretty great when Bucky and Falcon are on screen together.

• 1Like

Dashel

Blackwing Lair Raider
I thought episode 2 was pretty bad. The cop thing mostly but the therapist too. They do have a Riggs/Murtaugh vibe which I do like.
Mackie in particlular gets a lot of grace from me based solely off of this clip:

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I thought episode 2 was pretty bad. The cop thing mostly but the therapist too. They do have a Riggs/Murtaugh vibe which I do like.
Mackie in particlular gets a lot of grace from me based solely off of this clip:

am i just a racist or does Mackie seem to take all his mannerisms from Eddie Murphy? he even looks a little like Eddie.

• 1Like

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I like Mackie as an actor but every time I see him now I just think of that Black Mirror episode where him and his best friend fuck each other in a video game lol

• 4Like
  • 3Worf
  • 1WTF

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I didn't like the cop scene at first, but then when it turned out that Bucky had a warrant out I thought it was pretty funny.

ziggyholiday

<Bronze Donator>
Guys you need to give nucap a break, he jumped on 4 grenades by using his helmet to blunt the explosion. Dude should have 4 MoH
That was the extent of a number of MoH recipients. Granted most of them died.
My favorite was this signal soldier during WWII killed a bunch of Nazis while he was behind this wall. Used up all of his small arms ammunition and grenades and then started beaning them with his eTool as they looked through the hall in the wall he was behind. Got two bastards while they looked through the hole to see if he was still alive.

Last edited:

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
17 double Medal of Honor recepients, who are people that hung out with characters like Buffalo fuckin Bill, or the dude that made the bulldog the mascot of the Marines, and most of these names I've at least heard of in passing as legendary motherfuckers.

Three? Pfft. How many medals did they give Steve Rogers? At least one for dumping the plane into the ocean after his WW2 efforts. Maybe one for Loki's New York invasion, but then he was disavowed...

This guy likely served a lot of time in special ops in Afghanistan, Pakistan, and shit like that. I personally know a guy that's still doing confidential ops he can't talk about, and will be gone for months at a time. Only way he's getting a single MOH is if he dies.

It's just cartoonistic. Three. Pfft. They could have rattled off multiple medals of freedom, silver stars, shit like that, but they had to go for the throat on medals.

Theyre doing a really good job of making this dude very unlikeable. His first scene gives you the impression that you're going to be empathetic to his situation, but he just comes off as a pretentious douche who hasn't truly earned his metal. Bucky has 80 years on his belt. Falcon literally served with Captain America, and fought aliens and shit. What the fuck has this dude actually done?

These comments reminded me of Audie Murphy, one of your guys, old US actor, mostly westerns. He was awarded pretty much every award known to man during WW2 and he "only" received one MoH.

I'm a Brit so don't know quite understand prestigious they are over there but if they're anything like the VC most of them are usually awarded posthumously.

Homsar

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Didn't he say he's jumped on 4 grenades? The writing is pretty fucking retarded

• 1Like

Cybsled

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I'm a Brit so don't know quite understand prestigious they are over there but if they're anything like the VC most of them are usually awarded posthumously.

MoH is basically the US equivalent of the VC. Large chunk are awarded posthumously, but for living recipients, they do get all sorts of additional things beyond the medal, like a special pension, can travel for free on military aircraft if there is space allotment, their kids can get into any military academy if they otherwise qualify for it, etc.

Of note, if you haven't seen it, this is the first MoH action ever recorded

• 5Like
  • 3Solidarity