The Falcon and the Winter Soldier

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
those two play well together, but the only fault i have with Bucky is he looks too normal now that he isnt Winter Soldier anymore. which isnt a fault, just a nitpick.
iu

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
Already way better then wandavision. Some cool ass story lines going on. I'm glad Isiah told them to fuck off. I hope he doesn't do some redemption and stays angry black man. So we have free agent super heroes and government super heroes. I wonder how all that works.

Sterling

El Presidente
I liked wandavision fine for what it was. Definitely like this better though on the whole. Sebastian Stan is awesome and Mackie hasn't been as shitty as I expected so thumbs up.

• 1Like

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
those two play well together, but the only fault i have with Bucky is he looks too normal. which isnt a fault, just a nitpick.
iu

Yeah, something feels off. In Captain America: The Winter Soldier, the first time Cap and Bucky kind of go at it on the road, it's fucking crazy. Bucky is a fucking badass, almost unstoppable. I know he's just a "super soldier" but he seemed so fucking strong and badass. And look how evil and intimidating he looks there in your gif. Something just seemed weak about him in the fight scenes on the truck.

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Yeah, something feels off. In Captain America: The Winter Soldier, the first time Cap and Bucky kind of go at it on the road, it's fucking crazy. Bucky is a fucking badass, almost unstoppable. I know he's just a "super soldier" but he seemed so fucking strong and badass. And look how evil and intimidating he looks there in your gif. Something just seemed weak about him in the fight scenes on the truck.
I'm going to chalk that up to when he was conditioned as Winter Soldier, cuz Bucky as WS didnt hold anything back. Bucky is more careful, he isnt balls to the wall. if he was in WS mode he would have ripped those trucks in half first and then cut them all to ribbons. Flag Smashers seem to be just untrained Super soldiers. Bucky has a lot of fighting skills, they stand no chance against him in WS mode.

• 1Like

Juvarisx

Florida
Yea thats what made WS work so well before the show when he was under Hydra control. It was the movement, emotionless and uncaring other then completing he mission and the way he seems to be thinking 10 steps ahead of anyone he is after etc. Hell they showed it in the first episode flashback. I think it speaks to Sebastian Stan as an actor that he can have two very unique fighting styles when he needs to, most actors only usually have one and it never deviates much other then useless -> badass. WS is still badass he just doesn't have the same emotionless drive that he did prior.

Plus the Hydra WS music is fucking great

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
They almost played the "Winter Soldier movie(For reference, it plays right at the end of the movie)" music. They started it and then changed it. I hope they break that music out at the right time. That is such a great piece of music.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Yea thats what made WS work so well before the show when he was under Hydra control. It was the movement, emotionless and uncaring other then completing he mission and the way he seems to be thinking 10 steps ahead of anyone he is after etc. Hell they showed it in the first episode flashback. I think it speaks to Sebastian Stan as an actor that he can have two very unique fighting styles when he needs to, most actors only usually have one and it never deviates much other then useless -> badass. WS is still badass he just doesn't have the same emotionless drive that he did prior.

Plus the Hydra WS music is fucking great
i love he just rips that one dude out of the car like he was a twinkie.

and yeah, his theme music is off the hook.

Kalaar kururuc

Grumpy old man
Wasn't Bucky holding back due to rule #2 (don't hurt anyone)? It was mentioned in ep1 and then highlighted again in ep2 when he spoke to his shrink, and in ep2 when he mentioned it it was done like 'not any more', so hopefully from ep3 he's back to badass.

• 1Like

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
In Civil War, when Cap is "saving" WS, Cap has to save a random and Cap's like "come on, man..." - after that it seem WS cooled his jets a bit.

spronk

FPS noob
Enjoyed the second episode a lot. Bucky and Sam are fantastic together, the shrink stuff was hilarious. You have to let characters build, having them be badass from the get go is boring so seeing them get curb stomped by a few randos is a great reset/start. I also really, really like how the stakes are fairly low so far, the bad guys are basically just Humans+2 and just a bit stronger, they die like normal people. Although I wonder if the Flag groups ultimate plan is essentially re-Thanosing the planet, but I hope not and it seems impossible for them to ever achieve it. I wonder if the European location will eventually lead to a Dr. Doom teaser in the final episode.

Even the politics was pretty toned down, tuskagee experiments were a thing so Isiah being pissed off and angry at America isn't off putting. The cops about to arrest Falcon for arguing while black is a bit too basic but then again they did end up liking him and arresting Bucky so thats kinda funny.

Hope the show keeps building up, Zemo should be fun. I still don't really understand the logistics of the show, so there is some GRC that basically is the UN for blipped people and working on taking care of them, Captain America has a huge organization behind him (US govt), but Sam & Bucky have military planes and a small team and shit and are freelancer... Avengers? Really confused about that stuff.

• 1Like

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Decent 2nd episode. Just something that works between the 2 of them. New Cap seemed about right for what a guy being thrust into that role would be. Kind of crazy how good he was with the shield, though

Homsar

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Bucky definitely got nerfed. He was fucking ever one up in cival war and WS.

• 1Like

Xevy

Log Wizard
They mentioned Power Broker at the end, so Battlestar (laff) and US Agent are getting juiced for sure at some point. That's actually pretty cool there's been 0 mention of Power Broker before this in the media and it was all the Flagsmasher stuff. Maybe they've got even more surprises for us.

Sam and Bucky's dynamic continues to be great. Sam is just like positive and goofin and Bucky is so cynical and shits on ANYTHING he thinks is dumb. Watching him want to leave the car when the dude says his name is Battlestar was great.

Also it seems like it could be a Bucky Sam Vs Flagsmashers Vs Power Broker (with Agent and Battlestar?) vs Zemo. That's a lot of stuff. They might manage to actually have plotline AND action in every episode. Imagine.

• 1Like

Sevens

Log Wizard
They mentioned Power Broker at the end, so Battlestar (laff) and US Agent are getting juiced for sure at some point. That's actually pretty cool there's been 0 mention of Power Broker before this in the media and it was all the Flagsmasher stuff. Maybe they've got even more surprises for us.

Sam and Bucky's dynamic continues to be great. Sam is just like positive and goofin and Bucky is so cynical and shits on ANYTHING he thinks is dumb. Watching him want to leave the car when the dude says his name is Battlestar was great.

Also it seems like it could be a Bucky Sam Vs Flagsmashers Vs Power Broker (with Agent and Battlestar?) vs Zemo. That's a lot of stuff. They might manage to actually have plotline AND action in every episode. Imagine.
I think that Karli chick will eventually form an alliance with Bucky and Sam
They seem to be making her a sympathetic character.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I think that Karli chick will eventually form an alliance with Bucky and Sam
They seem to be making her a sympathetic character.
So if they aren't pushing identity politics, they're pushing globalism.

REEEEEEE

• 1Like

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Liked some of the episode but definitely not all of it. I'm not a fan of the writing, the pace overall. Some of it is good to outstanding but some is just cringe. New Cap seems juiced already, his ability with the shield seemed to good to be normal.

• 1Solidarity