The Fast Food Thread

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Aids would be an upgrade. Local Subway takes 40+ minutes to make a sandwich. Time before last, I ordered via app, waited 35 minutes and drove there. ONE employee there. Guy stood and stared out the window. Such a mentally demanding job that he didn't think to do his fucking job.

Last time I just went in, said fuck the app. God damned slowest workers I've ever seen. Should take seconds to make a sandwich, not fucking minutes. Jesus Christ.
Same here. Especially if you use the drive-thru it's like they don't even know you're out there. I've sat in front of the drive-thru window for 20+ minutes when I was the only one out there and you can look right in the window and see them goofing off in there. All for the privilege of paying $13 for a terrible sandwich. Just say no.

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Who'd of ever thought sugary processed food with heavy use of dye's were bad for you?

• 3Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 4 users

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Reminds me of the Chernobyl episode.. well why do they make products with these ingredients? Because it's cheaper. Positive hyperactive tumor coefficient.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Cutlery

Kill All the White People
<Gold Donor>

I don't get it. I'd still drink all that shit no matter what color it is. No idea why they don't just make a Gatorade dye free line and watch how many people prefer that shit. I know, the reason they don't is because they already tried but that was 70 fucking years ago or some shit, times change. Get with it.

I can fucking stand current food industry R&D. Some day I'm gonna have lots of stories when I finally leave this job and don't need to worry about doxing myself.

• 3Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I don't get it. I'd still drink all that shit no matter what color it is. No idea why they don't just make a Gatorade dye free line and watch how many people prefer that shit.
it's supermarket branding

walk thru the drink asile and gatorade really jumps out at you

Cutlery

<Gold Donor>
it's supermarket branding

walk thru the drink asile and gatorade really jumps out at you

All of the dyes are because of kids and marketing on Saturday morning cartoons. Logic being kids like bright colorful things they see on TV, they beg their dipshit mom to buy it, mom spends the $$.

Except kids don't watch TV anymore and people are fully aware of all this artificial shit causing problems. The dye doesn't contribute to the flavor, different ingredients. So they're fully capable of making the exact same shit without the dye, but the marketing retards are still living in 1990 and think no one will buy shit that's not bright and colorful.

• 3Like

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
Ehhhh, I mean sure, if they made dye-free products a lot of people would buy them, but most wouldn't care. The people are... retarded.

Marketing toward kids? More like certain demographics... food dyes are the spinner rims of processed foods. And they would still be getting cancer at higher rates from still drinking all the dye drank (and clot shots) and the practice of offering better alternatives would be banned for perpetuating white supremacy.

That said: cracks open another baja blast.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
I think you guys are underestimating the food dye appeal when you blame it on just advertising stuff, or just dumb kids, or whatever.

Humanity has been adding dyes to cheese and butters for what, like a couple hundred years? Not nasty artificial dyes, generally, but still. The point is that color has a big influence on how appealing a food is.

Its been this way since our simian ancestors developed red-green color vision and started going after riper fruits. You can still see it today in housewives carefully picking over the produce looking for just the right apple.

Not defending artificial food dyes, just pointing out that the desires they aim to satisfy are strong, primitive, and pretty much universal.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
  • 3Like
  • 1Truth!

Cutlery

<Gold Donor>
I think you guys are underestimating the food dye appeal when you blame it on just advertising stuff, or just dumb kids, or whatever.

Humanity has been adding dyes to cheese and butters for what, like a couple hundred years? Not nasty artificial dyes, generally, but still. The point is that color has a big influence on how appealing a food is.

Its been this way since our simian ancestors developed red-green color vision and started going after riper fruits. You can still see it today in housewives carefully picking over the produce looking for just the right apple.

Not defending artificial food dyes, just pointing out that the desires they aim to satisfy are strong, primitive, and pretty much universal.

That's all 100% true, and even I fall for it occasionally (for example, the best tomatoes are usually orange, but the human will routine pick the reddest tomato 99 times out of 100), but the difference now is that there are A LOT more people who are aware of that shit now. I've been told by 2 separate mothers when their daughters have been sleeping over that they have bad reactions to food dye.

A lot more people know that shit now and make better choices. We just keep R&D'ing shit no one asked for.

• 3Like

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Humanity has been adding dyes to cheese and butters for what, like a couple hundred years? Not nasty artificial dyes, generally, but still.

Something I didn't realize about butter is that if it's made with raw milk from a cow that's actually eating grass, it is bright yellow without adding any coloring.

butter.jpg

They only add annatto now to cover up the fact that the cows these days are not getting good nutrition and it shows in the color of the butter.

• 4Like

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Something I didn't realize about butter is that if it's made with raw milk from a cow that's actually eating grass, it is bright yellow without adding any coloring.

View attachment 525604

They only add annatto now to cover up the fact that the cows these days are not getting good nutrition and it shows in the color of the butter.

Raw milk from cows that graze is yellowish too.

Fucker

Log Wizard

The difference now is that it all comes out of a lab vs being boiled out or mortar and pestled.

Unidin

Molten Core Raider
If they get outlawed in the states, they'll just switch the ingredient to what they use in Europe, something even cheaper that's not banned or raise the price. The snacks aren't going anywhere.

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I went over to Switzerland last year and their Doritos tasted way better. Not sure what they did different, but it was an upgrade.