The Fast Food Thread

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
I went over to Switzerland last year and their Doritos tasted way better. Not sure what they did different, but it was an upgrade.

Probably just better, realer ingredients. Paqui chips are pretty good for Doritos style chips with less and better ingredients.

Xevy

Log Wizard

Actually a decent burger. No idea what it costs, probably last time I got it was like 2017 or something. It was a lot of 'stuff', but it workd together really well.

Now if only God hears our prayers and brings back the Angry Whopper.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord

Actually a decent burger. No idea what it costs, probably last time I got it was like 2017 or something. It was a lot of 'stuff', but it workd together really well.

Now if only God hears our prayers and brings back the Angry Whopper.
Carl's Jr site says in Denver is it 6.79 for the single El Diablo. 8.59 for the double. 8.79 for the big angus.

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Carl's Jr site says in Denver is it 6.79 for the single El Diablo. 8.59 for the double. 8.79 for the big angus.

I can get any specialty patty burger at Texas Roadhouse with a side for like $10.99; I don't understand how fast food restaurants are not seeing a huge decrease in business.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
I can get any specialty patty burger at Texas Roadhouse with a side for like $10.99; I don't understand how fast food restaurants are not seeing a huge decrease in business.
It's in the name. Can get all of that for much less if you just use a skillet or grill.

• 1Like

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
I think its just that people grew up in an era when fast food was a semi affordable option. It became habit. The expectation became that you can go out and real quick grab a burger on your lunch break. Those same restaurants are still there, the lunch break still goes by just as fast, so people just keep doing it.

What about rising prices? Its the boiling frog. People don't realize whats happening yet. We have transitioned to an era where fast food is not a realistic, affordable option anymore. People just don't realize its a new era, yet.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
I think drive thru is a big reason people still get traditional fast food. People are lazy and pay a bit more to not have to park, walk in, and pick up a to-go order. Plus the expectation of a tip on top of the price (though that is creeping into fast food, too).

Curbside pick-up is a thing, but in my experience it's incredibly slow and super unreliable. Drive thrus get the occasional "pull into spot 1, please", but for the most part they're extremely quick.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
I think drive thru is a big reason people still get traditional fast food. People are lazy and pay a bit more to not have to park, walk in, and pick up a to-go order. Plus the expectation of a tip on top of the price (though that is creeping into fast food, too).

Curbside pick-up is a thing, but in my experience it's incredibly slow and super unreliable. Drive thrus get the occasional "pull into spot 1, please", but for the most part they're extremely quick.
Isn't food delivery even more convenient?

Harshaw

Throbbing Member

I do curbside all the time at McD's. It is faster for me if there is any kind of line at the drive thru. I just order before I leave the house. When I get about a mile away they, start prepping the food before I get there.

• 1Solidarity

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm

I use curbside all the time. I hate going through the drive-thru line. I don't mind waiting a little longer. That's the one thing I love about Culver's. I wait a little longer for my food, but it's always fresh. I never have to worry about old food.