The Fast Food Thread

Khane

Got something right about marriage
There's a reason a lot of the fattest states are in the Midwest. We have some good food
smile.png
Or you just fry the shit out of everything or slather it in super unhealthy sugary sauces to make it taste good and have no idea what real, good food actually is.

I kid, honestly though a person's palette is refined by what they eat growing up. It changes as you get older and start trying new things but people who aren't used to good food tend to think some really awful food (like garbage plates in buffalo and rochester) are delicious even they are abhorrent to anyone who didn't grow up on them.

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
KC has one of the larger Italian populations and influences outside of East coast cities and Chicago. The mob was huge here up until the 80s. The entire River Market and North Kansas City was run by Italians. There's still a to of Italian restaurants and delis in both areas.
Well, east coast was what I was thinking really, in comparison. But it's still odd that we don't have a larger part of our local food and culture influenced by Italians. I tried looking up friday fish fries locally and all I really found were church sponsored dinners during Lent, up in NY it was every single Friday and sometimes Wednesday IIRC. I could be misremembering though, it's been a long time.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
Yeah, most of the Catholics in Missouri stayed on the East side of the state in St Louis. St Louis has like 20+ Catholic High Schools, KC has like 5. Both cities have large Italian populations, but St Louis has a lot of other large European populations that are primarily Catholic, like Poles, Serbs, etc.

Most of the Catholics nowadays in KC are Mexican, and if you don't live in those parts of town you won't see much Catholic influence. KC does have a massive Mexican population though(and a lot of good mexican restaurants because of it) thanks to being along that I-35 highway corridor that goes straight to Mexico.

kudos

<Banned>
Yeah, most of the Catholics in Missouri stayed on the East side of the state in St Louis. St Louis has like 20+ Catholic High Schools, KC has like 5. Both cities have large Italian populations, but St Louis has a lot of other large European populations that are primarily Catholic, like Poles, Serbs, etc.

Most of the Catholics nowadays in KC are Mexican, and if you don't live in those parts of town you won't see much Catholic influence. KC does have a massive Mexican population though(and a lot of good mexican restaurants because of it) thanks to being along that I-35 highway corridor that goes straight to Mexico.
I would give up good italian restaurants for good mexican any day. This is coming from an italian.

joz123

Potato del Grande
If anyone lives near a Sonic, they are gonna have 50 cent corndogs on Halloween. Never had theirs yet so might try them on Thursday.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
The faggotry is strong in this thread. This is supposed to be about fast food, not a "my town is better than your town" wankfest.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
If anyone lives near a Sonic, they are gonna have 50 cent corndogs on Halloween. Never had theirs yet so might try them on Thursday.
Their corndogs are good, if you like corndogs. I can't say that I've ever had a corndog that was significantly different than any other(other than size)

I used to love dollar corn dogs at sonic. Way better than any dollar burger from McDonalds or whatever.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
With the food truck craze these days and the dedication to niche foods, I'm surprised gourmet corn dogs aren't more popular. The variety of sausages and batter could be mind blowing. Could you imagine eating a chicken and apple sausage smothered in habanero mango batter? Fucking delicious. Add in a variety of sauces to dip the corn dogs in an you have a homerun.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
That sounds shitty, give me the only chicken lips and pork feet hotdogs of yesteryear and call it a day.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
Corndogs in general aren't as popular as they should be, given how incredibly delicious they are. That actually goes for all hotdogs/sausages. You'd think there would be just as many hotdog/sausage fast food options as hamburger, but for some reason this isn't the case. I blame the phallic shape.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
There are quite a few spots here that specialize in sausages. Most are of the of the German variety, but there is this slamming joint with a solid selection of beer on tap as well.

rrr_img_48120.jpg

Bacon-wrapped hot dogs don't mess around, but it's all about that currywurst.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
When I make my own corndogs I just buy one of those batter packs of honey-cornbread, mix the batter, and dip the hot dogs in it. I'm sure Alton Brown's recipe is great, but doing it this way tastes pretty damn awesome too.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
If you're ever near a Raising Canes just go. Bathe in the deliciousness of their sauce.

Xevy

Log Wizard
The one thing I hope the death of the Dollar Menu doesn't bring upon us is the increase of the beefy crunch burrito to more than 99 cents. I'd say it's probably the best dollar value in the entire fast food world (though close call with the McDouble).

kudos

<Banned>
The one thing I hope the death of the Dollar Menu doesn't bring upon us is the increase of the beefy crunch burrito to more than 99 cents. I'd say it's probably the best dollar value in the entire fast food world (though close call with the McDouble).
Taco Bell increased everything on the menu like 30 cents around here a couple months ago. Kinda killed my normal order.

Gravy

Bronze Squire
The faggotry is strong in this thread. This is supposed to be about fast food, not a "my town is better than your town" wankfest.
Well, in this case, it's probably true. I couldn't even find Knowlton, Montana.

I'm not sure the price changes are going to affect me very much, I'm still going to order the same crap at McDonald's. Taco Bell though, it might. It all pretty much has the same stuff in it, just in different tortillas. Does anyone here eat the 'steak' at TB? I've never had it.