The Fast Food Thread

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Buffalo Wing posts reminded me of a story: A few months back a friend and I decided to go to BWW on boneless wing Thursday. I hadn't been there in a long time and was suprised to see that they had some new flavors, one of which was Ghost Pepper Sauce. I am a lover of hot foods but I don't pay attention to details and somwhere in the back of my mind I was thinking that ghost peppers were hotter than habeneros but that they weren't anywhere near as hot as a naga jolokia. I ordered 20 wings total and 5 of them were ghost pepper. When those suckers came out with a special little flag saying that they were not responsible for any damage that occured to my insides I got a little concerned. I ate a few of the other wings and then took my first bite of the GP one. It fucked my world up. The heat spread like wasabi but hotter and faster; I instantly started sweating like I was in a sauna. I powered through all 5 of them and on the edge of victory I noticed that they had actually given me 6. I ate the last one and didn't finish any of the other wings. My mouth was never numb, but it was painful for about an hour. My stomach was a wreck for the next two days. It was only when I looked it up on the Scoville that I realized that GP was another name for naga jolokia. It is by far the hottest thing I'd ever had at a restaurant and I actually commend BWW for having the balls to put somthing like that out there even though they are a chain.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I tried the really hot wings (Atomic? Supercharged?) at Quaker Steak & Lube once. It was an awful experience. I really enjoy hot food, but that stuff is just silly.

Lost Virtue

Trakanon Raider
I tried the really hot wings (Atomic? Supercharged?) at Quaker Steak & Lube once. It was an awful experience. I really enjoy hot food, but that stuff is just silly.
Tried them also as they have one a hour up the road on the way to Cincinnati. I beat it, but wish I never attempted the challenge even so... My stomach was like a symphony of gargles, quenches, and other strange noises that I never want to remember for the 2 days to follow. And all I got was a damn t-shirt that I use when changing the oil in my cars (ironic).

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
We have a sports bar in my town that use to always played the UFC fights. This place was known for their wings. They were so damn good and kicked the shit out of Buffalo Wild Wings. At the bottom of the wing menu, after a paragraph of disclaimers and warnings, they sold atomic wings, priced one for $2.50 each. These mother fuckers would knock you on your ass and ruin your night.

When watching UFC, we would always do Wing bets on the main event. You and one other guy would pair up, you each choose a fighter and the loser would have to eat an atomic wing. I asked the cook one time what kind of sauce they used and he just laughed, "pure capsaicin". It is pretty much the most diabolical substance chemists ever devised that can be devoured by human beings and not be fatal.

Fuck that shit.
rrr_img_79683.jpg
rrr_img_79685.jpg

Fifey

Trakanon Raider
Ghost pepper shit is retarded, hottest you'll ever need is a habanero and even those suck cause they have almost no real flavor.

Gravy

Bronze Squire
I kinda liked the taste of the habanero, kinda fruity. Anything hotter than that though, I'll pass.

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
Mexico this year I tried a grilled Ghost chilli fresh, enjoyed it a lot the actual pepper isn't too bad, but fuck that extract shit...

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Ghost pepper shit is retarded, hottest you'll ever need is a habanero and even those suck cause they have almost no real flavor.
Habanero's actually add some really great flavor to sauces and chile and such. You just need to cook/smoke them. Jalapenos are much the same way, kinda bland raw but delicious when cooked.

I ordered a large platter of ghost pepper chicken fingers last week. Biggest waste of $12 + delivery fee ever. I could only eat one of them and I was seriously scared for 2 days to try to eat the leftovers. Ended up chucking 6 or so chicken fingers.

That same place offered habanero pb & j wings which were AMAZING though.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Man why would you order ghost pepper wings on a whim like that?

A local place (Barrett's Alehouse) has a ghost pepper wing challenge that I'm thinking about doing. Although last time I got light-headed when I ate a bunch.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
I had some ghost pepper chocolate at a craft fair recently. It was terrible and made me look like an asshole because I kept hogging the hot chocolate samples at another booth to get rid of the burning. Related: hot drinks are not ideal for washing down spicy tastes.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
FYI, Stuffed Pretzel Bites > Pizza Rolls

Mini-Sausage-stuffed-pretzel-bites.jpg

DSC_0891.JPG

I can't remember the brand, but my local grocery stores has pizza-stuffed pretzel bites, jalapeno jack stuffed bites, and buffalo chicken stuffed bites. All are phenomenal and WAY better than the pizza roll equivalent.

Fifey

Trakanon Raider
Habanero's actually add some really great flavor to sauces and chile and such. You just need to cook/smoke them. Jalapenos are much the same way, kinda bland raw but delicious when cooked.
I'll throw down on some habaneros when making chili but for the most part, I don't really enjoy them.

By far my favorite chili to eat is chile manzano, cut it into thin slices and put it on top of your pizza. So damn good.
Manzano Pepper | Mexico Chile Peppers | South American Rocoto Pepper | Chili Chilli Chiles Chilis

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Habanero cheese and crackers was like my favorite snack growing up that Mom used to make.

On a fast food related note was driving back from the gym Tuesday and dying for some unhealthy breakfast but was in traffic and couldn't pull up thread to go back and read all the reviews. Just ended up at Chick-fil-a for some spicy chicken biscuits.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
My only issue with Chick-fil-a spicy chicken biscuits is that they are REALLY dry. Its just a plain biscuit with a fried chicken patty on it. No moisture of any kind, no mayo, no cheese, nothing. They make me thirsty as hell, and it's hard to drink hot coffee very quickly to quench that thirst in the morning.

Loftish

Lord Nagafen Raider
My only issue with Chick-fil-a spicy chicken biscuits is that they are REALLY dry. Its just a plain biscuit with a fried chicken patty on it. No moisture of any kind, no mayo, no cheese, nothing. They make me thirsty as hell, and it's hard to drink hot coffee very quickly to quench that thirst in the morning.
A few things:
1) Gotta make it a deluxe: tomato, lettuce, and pepperjack cheese (sometimes I add bacon)
2) Throw some Honey Roasted BBQ on there
3) Congratulations, you're now eating the best spicy chicken sandwich in all the fast food lands!

Khane

Got something right about marriage
You know why I'd never do a Ghost Pepper challenge? Because I'm 32 years old. Allow me to elaborate. I can still eat really spicy stuff just fine, and even though those would hurt like hell I still might try it. But ever since I hit about 27 or so a strange thing happened to my body. The peppers started burning on the way out even worse than they do on the way in. Fuck Ghost Peppers!