The Fighting Game Community Thread

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Today is a shitty day...

Ari was a big part of the FGC back in the day, and was responsible for alot of people getting where they are now.

Ari "fLoE" Weintraub was born in Park Ridge, Illinois, a suburb of Chicago, on October 11, 1984, to Illana Weintraub and his father, the late Philip Weintraub. He died peacefully surrounded by loved ones after a series of strokes took his life. He was 39.

• 5Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

bolok

Trakanon Raider
Fuck. I had wondered why he dropped off of streaming rather suspiciously. I kind of figured something bad had happened to him. Blehh. His I want to be the guy streams were the legit best. He had done maybe one or 2 streams in the past year or so, but it was never on camera. Was usually just playing some music and playing an arpg or something. That is a super bummer.

bolok

Trakanon Raider
His discord is full of feels right now obviously. Looks like they knew yesterday. But there is a lot of memories and good memes being posted.
If you know his curse lore- this is fantastic.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Araxen

Taken 8 came out yesterday, and man this is a beautiful game. The story is only about 3 hours long, and it'll net you 10 million coins for beating it. It'll get you off to a good start if you like the customization part of the game.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

bolok

Trakanon Raider
Frosty Faustings is live. First tourney of the year.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Our 6 year old son came back home today and said “Play the Cornered song, where the picture of the Guy and he’s pointing and his hair is back.” With absolutely zero context I had no idea wtf he was talking about. So I searched YouTube for Cornered and cracked up when MvC3 popped up and Phoenix Wright. Ended up watching a ton of Mahhvel with him.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Araxen

F Brolylegs. This fucking sucks! The dude could play fighting games better than I could ever dream of.

• 4Solidarity
  • 3Like
Reactions: 6 users