The Fighting Game Community Thread

KCXIV

Molten Core Raider
Yeah, that was a shame, and Xian is definitely feeling the aftermath of that today.

That's when these teams become absolutely useless imo. Fighting games isn't a team sport, yet we team up, and are expected to not help our teammates.
Ono even retweeted him saying that nothing would change between 3rd and 4th place in prize money only capcom points, but There is no way in hell Poongko is going to make it as he rarely goes to tournaments anymore.

i get why Xian did it, i probably would have done the same. 1 and 2 were set, so fuck whatever else happens. Kind of like at the end of the baseball season or football season when the last game means nothing you just let the scrubs get playing time and save up for the finals.

The FGC was going to get all over him even if it was not a big deal. We all know FGC lives to troll and give people a hard time lol

KCXIV

Molten Core Raider
is that your main now that gen is a piece of shit? lol
I fucking HATE how Gen plays now. He went from really fun to really shitty. I been playing THawk almost 2 weeks now. He's fun to play. Plus, you dont have too be on point with execution. He's a bit more forgiving if you fuck up since he can take alot of damage.

I just love the salt from people with Mic's they get SOO mad lol

KCXIV

Molten Core Raider
Fuck, glad I'm not the only one that hates the AE/Ultra transition on Gen.
I just hate Ultra Gen, i liked AE Gen, he was fun for me to play. NOw something just feels off about him so i just gave up on him. I played a little Sagat and Bison, but in the end i settled for T. Hawk. He's fun to play and the comebacks you can do with his massive damage is fun. I need to record some of the shit people say on the PC version. Its hilarious.

Needless

Toe Sucker
Canada Cup is this weekend but i have absolutely no hype for it, i predict the death of CCG after the master series next year
frown.png

Needless

Toe Sucker
Where did you see that?... The Master Series was supposed to be this week, but they had issues getting all the evo champions there. so it's postponed to next year sometime.

Canada Cup was placed nextweek to make the venue not go to waste, the only announcements so far are: Smug, Mike Ross, Air, ChiRithy and 2 last minute unannounced players. I'm guessing somebody from asia since he was trying to get them over there into coming.

I'm obviously going to watch it, but i expect it to be pretty dead :\ like... Justin isn't even registered, and he's laps poster child. He did retweet their stuff so maybe he just hasn't confirmed it yet.

Column_sl

shitlord
It says Daigo, Luffy, Xian, Snake eyes etc confirmed on their home page. I assume now that is for the Master Series?

I haven't been keeping up tho with Canada Cup tho.

Smug will win that free

Column_sl

shitlord
I just read more about it on Shoryuken today, they are using the Canada Cup as a qualifier for the last spot of the Masters series.

I'm curious why Lapchi just didn't have a true Canada Cup instead of breaking it up like this. I'm not sure people like invitationals as much.

It looks like he spending more money between the two events then he would if he just had held a major.

Needless

Toe Sucker
Looks like the unannounced people are both Poongko and Pepeday
Fuerte hype!

Fuck man, i already bought a virtual ticket for blizzcon, i'm gonna have two streams going doing nothing all weekend haha

Needless

Toe Sucker
Seems like it's going to be at least

Smug
ChiRithy
Air
Poongko
Pepeday
Mike Ross
Gootecks
Riceata (local blanka player, not sure if he still plays but he was beating infiltration quite a bit whenever they were playing)
Lap
F Chump

Jozhear quit playing so I doubt he'll be there

Needless

Toe Sucker
Its anybody, those are just the big names that we know of so far. I wouldn't be surprised if lap has a couple more hidden shit lol