The Grand Tour (from the guys in Top Gear)

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
i dunno, isnt fire shooting out of your exhaust usually a sign that your combustion is doing something terribly wrong?

Tripamang

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
i dunno, isnt fire shooting out of your exhaust usually a sign that your combustion is doing something terribly wrong?
I think it happens during shift changes when the engine becomes idle for a short period and fuel doesn't completely combust, then when it exits the exhaust it's hot enough to ignite. The P1 does the same thing. I honestly thought you couldn't have a road legal car that did it.. but that might just be a north american thing.

Cad

scientia potentia est
<Bronze Donator>
I think it happens during shift changes when the engine becomes idle for a short period and fuel doesn't completely combust, then when it exits the exhaust it's hot enough to ignite. The P1 does the same thing. I honestly thought you couldn't have a road legal car that did it.. but that might just be a north american thing.
918 has a PDK, it doesn't release throttle during shift changes.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yea I wonder why that happened, they kept saying "In the coming weeks we're going to have both on the track" then dropped the bomb we have to wait till next season this episode. Yas Marina Circuit (Where they were filming the 918) has seen a lot of action lately as a few magazines that were playing with a P1 there. Too bad they didn't do the comparison there.
Pretty confident it's a combination of them wanting both to do their laps in good conditions(notice it's been fucking pouring there all season) and that not matching up with the tight scheduling required to get both cars there(918 Porsches and 375 McLaren's total in the world, if they've all been produced already).

The Abu Dhabi track is nice and all, but it wouldn't give them Power Lap times for the board.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
nobody mentioned that next week is part one of their "christmas special". the top gear guys drive cheap lorries through burma to construct a bridge on the river kwai.

brekk

Dancing Dino Superstar
<Bronze Donator>
Finally a special, was a fun episode. Burma roads be crazy.
All I know about crazy foreign countries has been learned from the Top Gear guys and Anthony Bourdain. And the sad part is I think they give a more real picture of those nations then a lot of travel information shows.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
i dunno why i like their specials the best, its either because of the interesting locations or the interaction between the trio. i love when they crack jezzer up. the part with the ponies was classic top gear. also i love jeremy's lorry, especially after its mod.

geffe71_sl

shitlord
Jeremy's tweets today were hilarious. The police shut down a highway to find a mans penis. He said that if 5 countries cant find a Boeing 777, then how are the police going to find a gentleman sausage.

Chris

Potato del Grande
lol why do people in these countries tolerate their silly ideas? Did they hijack some villiage's bridge building project?

Fadaar

That guy
I'm honestly surprised the UK government even lets them outside the studio/track these days lol

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Might not have been the most epic special, but may have had the best comedic pacing. Got progressively funnier from start to near finish. I say near finish because they always have the big "project" part to close it up. But even that was really funny this time.

I had to make a gif of my favorite part. Hammond's face as he pulls away killed me.

ClearAggressiveBinturong.gif

HTML5 version, same quality way smaller file size

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
has anyone here watched the actual Bridge on the River Kwai movie? i never have and i felt like i missed a lot of references.