The Grand Tour (from the guys in Top Gear)

Kajiimagi

<Gold Donor>
When Clarkson turns that red robin (3 wheel car) on it's side I laugh my fucking head off every time.

• 4Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Chris

Potato del Grande
While I know this is Top Gear, and the group after Grand Tour people left (LeBlanc's group), but this was interesting.

And I think it involves the same car Kajiimagi Kajiimagi just mentioned.

Actually it's not LeBlanc's group, this is the line up after. That specific guy was in both line ups though.

This guy is a car journalist but they had a cricket player and a comedian with him in an attempt to artifically recreate the chemistry with moderate success, but the Grand Tour guys were all car journalists.

I think what sums it up is that Richard Hammond almost dying didn't stop the show, as it's his entire career as what else is he going to do? But Freddy Flintoff almost dying did stop the show and now he's making depressing cricket stuff.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Haus

<Silver Donator>
Watched it last night here at Chez Haus.

Yeah, I need to talk to the wife about her cleaning because there was definitely too much dust floating around the room.

And I got what might be the Clarkson quote which proves he's my automotive spirit animal...

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Kajiimagi

<Gold Donor>
While I know this is Top Gear, and the group after Grand Tour people left (LeBlanc's group), but this was interesting.

And I think it involves the same car Kajiimagi Kajiimagi just mentioned.

ok he specifically mentioned a morgan 3 wheeler , I was referrring to a Reliant Regal Supervan III, as featured in a funny british show called 'Only Fools and Horses' (good show if you can understand the accents).

Reliant Regal

Reliant-Van-Trotters-1972.jpg

Morgan 3 wheeler

images (1).jpg

That version of Top Gear was very good, not a good as the Clarkson bunch but good. The guy that crashed the Morgan was an accident waiting to happen.

EDIT Holy shit guys I didn't realize how big that Reliant was.

Last edited:

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
You can scale the picture size on the forum. Edit your post and scroll to the picture. Click on it, and the bottom right corner will allow you to move it and make it smaller (or larger).

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Watched it last night here at Chez Haus.

Yeah, I need to talk to the wife about her cleaning because there was definitely too much dust floating around the room.

And I got what might be the Clarkson quote which proves he's my automotive spirit animal...

He's right. They may be great but they are soulless.

• 1Like

Haus

<Silver Donator>
He's right. They may be great but they are soulless.
It's funny... because I have had discussions with some of my more auto-centric friends who are "it's not really driving unless it's a manual transmission" types. I could tell they looked down on me some because whereas I can drive a stick fine, and it's fun, I have had more fun in my car (an automatic with paddles on the steering wheel) than any stick shift I've ever owned. I would even bring up that every supercar/exotic I've had a chance to drive have almost all been automatics (exception being a dodge viper)...

But now I see how I look at electric car enthusiasts.. and I suddenly get it....

• 1Like

Burns

It's funny... because I have had discussions with some of my more auto-centric friends who are "it's not really driving unless it's a manual transmission" types. I could tell they looked down on me some because whereas I can drive a stick fine, and it's fun, I have had more fun in my car (an automatic with paddles on the steering wheel) than any stick shift I've ever owned. I would even bring up that every supercar/exotic I've had a chance to drive have almost all been automatics (exception being a dodge viper)...

But now I see how I look at electric car enthusiasts.. and I suddenly get it....
How fun a car is, is almost all about power and handling; having a manual gearbox just adds a little bit extra fun on spirited driving. If your going to daily drive the vehicle, there is a large tradeoff to owning a manual in big city traffic. I love my current daily driver, but it's a manual and it makes rush hour even more miserable.

I also don't see how an electric car could not also be fun, if it's built correctly, but then, I have not driven an electric vehicle yet.

Last edited:

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Really the difference is with a manual car you can have fun at any speed. EVs and most high performance cars with automatics are only fun on a drag strip or a track. The best you can do driving around town is usually an on ramp.

• 1Like

Kajiimagi

<Gold Donor>
I learned on a manual , and it's really like riding a bike, you never forget. Owned several sports cars that were manuals. That said: Morning rush hour traffic in Charlotte NC broke me from EVER owning a manual on a daily driver. Fuck that shit. Now a toy to drive on weekends is another story. Never tried one with wheel paddles. My truck has that quazi-manual which is really automatic that you can pretend to control but I've never messed with it. Call me what you want but I prefer not to shift gears. Too old for that shit.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
And its over…great ending I am sad. Have some good memories with the wife watching and discussing these three dudes do their thing the past 20 years.

• 3Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Haus

<Silver Donator>
I knew they couldn't let well enough be...
1726452682094.png

... says the guy who looks like the poster child for "stunted masculinity".

• 1Pathetic
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 1 users