The Grand Tour (from the guys in Top Gear)

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
guys fight sometimes, i doubt either clarkson or the producer he fought with were surprised into the situation.i can see clarkson getting pissed over something the producer said/did and insulted him back causing the producer to return with some king of insult that pushed clarkson's buttons and clarkson ultimately laying down a smackdown. he has been with the BBC for probably over 20 years. somebody unstable would not have lasted as long. fighting in the office isnt cool and there should be consequences, if its a beef between 2 adults and they could get them to shake hands i think they could have come to a middle ground without completely assfucking the show and the franchise. clarkson will be just fine. the crew who are working joes however. now have no job or will have no jobs when they realize that top gear is jeremy clarkson and anything without him is just another boring car review show.

Enzee

Trakanon Raider
Didn't know his contract was almost up, but even then he might just be tired of how they want to run things. Yet at the same time, he likes the actual show and his co-presenters, so he didn't just quit. Instead, it likely just gave him a 'i don't give a shit' attitude towards the entire producer staff. Maybe this guy got caught in the crosshairs, or maybe he's done stuff to piss Clarkson off in the past.. no idea.
I think he should have been reprimanded in some way, maybe a financial penalty of some kind, at the very least. Don't know if firing him, especially since they seem to be using all the other little incidents (half of which aren't even his fault) as evidence of a history of non-compliance, is really the best solution.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
guys fight sometimes, i doubt either clarkson or the producer he fought with were surprised into the situation.i can see clarkson getting pissed over something the producer said/did and insulted him back causing the producer to return with some king of insult that pushed clarkson's buttons and clarkson ultimately laying down a smackdown. he has been with the BBC for probably over 20 years. somebody unstable would not have lasted as long. fighting in the office isnt cool and there should be consequences, if its a beef between 2 adults and they could get them to shake hands i think they could have come to a middle ground without completely assfucking the show and the franchise. clarkson will be just fine. the crew who are working joes however. now have no job or will have no jobs when they realize that top gear is jeremy clarkson and anything without him is just another boring car review show.
There are no statements backing your theory up. This really looks like Clarkson taking it out on a small guy because he can, for 20 minutes, over a closed hotel kitchen.

And I don't get all these "guys fight sometimes". I have never seen people fistfighting in the office over anything. At worst some passive-aggressive statements shouted across the room.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
There are no statements backing your theory up. This really looks like Clarkson taking it out on a small guy because he can, for 20 minutes, over a closed hotel kitchen.

And I don't get all these "guys fight sometimes". I have never seen people fistfighting in the office over anything. At worst some passive-aggressive statements shouted across the room.
i never heard of a grown adult punching somebody over nothing or because "he can". where do you come up with that horseshit? its always something. what that something was, we dont know. all i know is that clarkson has been around a good long time and while he has a famous ego if he was just punching people willy nilly he would have been fired a long time ago.

Gamma Rays

Large sized member
The guy he hit had been working on the show for about 10 years. They would have been in close company in many different situations ( think long shitty days crossing desert etc ) so the two of them would have a long history, both good and bad.

The argument over the meal must have been one of those final 'straw that broke the camel's back' things where it all came out and pushed Clarkson over the edge.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
10860.jpg

Silence_sl

shitlord
...and on that bombshell...

Sacked.

I'd bet dollars to donuts this was one of many such altercations he's had with staff over the years, and they'd simply had enough.

I'm sure we'll be hearing more of him being a child as the weeks roll on.

Running Dog_sl

shitlord
i never heard of a grown adult punching somebody over nothing or because "he can". where do you come up with that horseshit? its always something. what that something was, we dont know. all i know is that clarkson has been around a good long time and while he has a famous ego if he was just punching people willy nilly he would have been fired a long time ago.
He did punch Piers Morgan, for which I applaud him, in a crowded restaurant a few years back. That was over reports in Morgan's newspaper about Clarkson "allegedly" having an affair.

I put allegedly in quotes because Clarkson denied it at the time, but subsequently his wife split from him and is now divorcing him over the many affairs he's apparently had ("'All her friends have been waiting for years for her to do it and she finally has."). A few commentators have noted that his behaviour has grown more self-destructive since she left him. Again, allegedly, someone at the BBC suggested he check himself into rehab but Clarkson's not that kind of guy.

tad10

Elisha Dushku

He wasn't fired for the fight - the fight was an excuse for the BBC. He was fired because the BBC is pretty far left and Clarkson isn't. If Clarkson's politics were hard left the BBC wouldn't give a fuck if he shot someone.

Nuttin_sl

shitlord
When the book comes out about his life, as it probably will sooner or later, we will know what truly happend, not that I give a shit about it.
Dude lost his job, it happens.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
silence and grimlokk, you guys probably get bitchslapped all the time and you think there is no reason behind it. but there is!
smile.png

The move will at least in its current form end a TV franchise that gathers ?50 million ($74.6 million) in revenues for the BBC globally. The BBC will attempt to "reconstruct" the show around the other two presenters, Richard Hammond and James May, The Guardian reports. That move would be a huge surprise, given Clarkson's outsize role and popularity on the show.
so not only are they firing clarkson, they will "reconstruct" the show. i wonder how long they have been wanting to do that? yeah top gear is over.

dizzie

Triggered Happy
Summary of the BBC internal investigation:

On 9 March 2015, Jeremy Clarkson reported to BBC management that he had been involved in a physical and verbal incident with Oisin Tymon, the producer of Top Gear, at the Simonstone Hall hotel, North Yorkshire, while working on location. The incident had occurred on 4 March 2015 and Jeremy Clarkson was suspended on 10 March, pending investigation.

I was asked to undertake an investigation to establish the facts of what occurred. In conducting my investigation, in line with the BBC?s usual practice, I interviewed a number of witnesses and others connected with the incident. Accounts were agreed, based on my interviews, with each participant.

Having conducted these interviews and considered the evidence presented, I conclude the following: on 4 March 2015 Oisin Tymon was subject to an unprovoked physical and verbal attack by Jeremy Clarkson. During the physical attack Oisin Tymon was struck, resulting in swelling and bleeding to his lip. The verbal abuse was sustained over a longer period, both at the time of the physical attack and subsequently.

Specific facts I have found as part of my investigation are as follows:

Earlier on 4 March, studio recording of Top Gear had taken place in Surrey and the presenters had travelled that same evening to the location shoot in North Yorkshire.
The incident occurred on a patio area of the Simonstone Hall hotel, where Oisin Tymon was working on location for Top Gear.
The physical attack lasted around 30 seconds and was halted by the intervention of a witness.
It is the case that Oisin Tymon offered no retaliation.
The verbal abuse was directed at Oisin Tymon on more than one occasion ? both during the attack and subsequently inside the hotel ? and contained the strongest expletives and threats to sack him. The abuse was at such volume as to be heard in the dining room, and the shouting was audible in a hotel bedroom.
Derogatory and abusive language, relating to Oisin Tymon and other members of the Top Gear team, continued to be used by Jeremy Clarkson inside the hotel, in the presence of others, for a sustained period of time.
It is clear that Oisin Tymon was shocked and distressed by the incident, and believed that he had lost his job.
Following the attack, I understand that Oisin Tymon drove to a nearby A&E department for examination.
Over the subsequent days, Jeremy Clarkson made a number of attempts to apologise to Oisin Tymon by way of text, email and in person.
And it is the case that Jeremy Clarkson reported the incident to BBC management.

It was not disputed by Jeremy Clarkson or any witness that Oisin Tymon was the victim of an unprovoked physical and verbal attack. It is also clear to me that Oisin Tymon is an important creative member of the Top Gear team who is well-valued and respected. He has suffered significant personal distress as a result of this incident, through no fault of his own.

Tripamang

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
James May's Reaction To Jeremy Clarkson Being Sacked - 'Top Gear Presenters Come As Package'
https://youtu.be/qq1DZfUjvFo
I saw this on the verge, it honestly sounds like they're going to find some place else to move to as a package. Heres hoping somebody like netflix or HBO picks them up. Hell if they delivered a couple episodes a month I'd happily pay 10$/mo for the content.

Running Dog_sl

shitlord
I saw this on the verge, it honestly sounds like they're going to find some place else to move to as a package. Heres hoping somebody like netflix or HBO picks them up. Hell if they delivered a couple episodes a month I'd happily pay 10$/mo for the content.
From the "live coverage" on the Telegraph it sounds like UK broadcasters are all passing on picking up Clarkson - or not letting on that they have an interest - so Netflix would look like a good bet. The police are now going to cast an eye over the investigation but unless someone makes a complaint to them it's unlikely they'll take it further. Although thinking about it I wouldn't be that surprised if someone staying at the hotel made an issue out of it, especially if the media offer some cash.

Jeremy Clarkson faces assault charge after being sacked by BBC - live - Telegraph

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Summary of the BBC internal investigation:

On 9 March 2015, Jeremy Clarkson reported to BBC management that he had been involved in a physical and verbal incident with Oisin Tymon, the producer of Top Gear, at the Simonstone Hall hotel, North Yorkshire, while working on location. The incident had occurred on 4 March 2015 and Jeremy Clarkson was suspended on 10 March, pending investigation.

I was asked to undertake an investigation to establish the facts of what occurred. In conducting my investigation, in line with the BBC's usual practice, I interviewed a number of witnesses and others connected with the incident. Accounts were agreed, based on my interviews, with each participant.

Having conducted these interviews and considered the evidence presented, I conclude the following: on 4 March 2015 Oisin Tymon was subject to an unprovoked physical and verbal attack by Jeremy Clarkson. During the physical attack Oisin Tymon was struck, resulting in swelling and bleeding to his lip. The verbal abuse was sustained over a longer period, both at the time of the physical attack and subsequently.

Specific facts I have found as part of my investigation are as follows:

Earlier on 4 March, studio recording of Top Gear had taken place in Surrey and the presenters had travelled that same evening to the location shoot in North Yorkshire.
The incident occurred on a patio area of the Simonstone Hall hotel, where Oisin Tymon was working on location for Top Gear.
The physical attack lasted around 30 seconds and was halted by the intervention of a witness.
It is the case that Oisin Tymon offered no retaliation.
The verbal abuse was directed at Oisin Tymon on more than one occasion - both during the attack and subsequently inside the hotel - and contained the strongest expletives and threats to sack him. The abuse was at such volume as to be heard in the dining room, and the shouting was audible in a hotel bedroom.
Derogatory and abusive language, relating to Oisin Tymon and other members of the Top Gear team, continued to be used by Jeremy Clarkson inside the hotel, in the presence of others, for a sustained period of time.
It is clear that Oisin Tymon was shocked and distressed by the incident, and believed that he had lost his job.
Following the attack, I understand that Oisin Tymon drove to a nearby A&E department for examination.
Over the subsequent days, Jeremy Clarkson made a number of attempts to apologise to Oisin Tymon by way of text, email and in person.
And it is the case that Jeremy Clarkson reported the incident to BBC management.

It was not disputed by Jeremy Clarkson or any witness that Oisin Tymon was the victim of an unprovoked physical and verbal attack. It is also clear to me that Oisin Tymon is an important creative member of the Top Gear team who is well-valued and respected. He has suffered significant personal distress as a result of this incident, through no fault of his own.
There is your new Top Gear host, Oisin Tymon! ya think they mentioned his name enough times in the article?
so he suffered a 30 second "unprovoked" physical attack and all he got was a fat lip? Oisin Tymon should be happy he doesnt work for Ray Rice. one good thing Oisin Tymon, now you dont need to worry about losing your job anymore.

Legaeveth

Silver Knight of the Realm
Looks like the BBC who might of stood up for what was right in the end they lose the entire show "as is" they can do all they want to try and reincarnate the show but I will have no interest in ever watching it. So in a couple years time after the loss of revenue and viewership it's quite possible the people firing will be fired in the end.

Yeah nobody should have to get in a fight at work its amateurish but what's worse is some whiny guy crying over being hit by a senior citizen.