The Greatest Lie Ever Sold: George Floyd and the Rise of BLM (2022)

Mrniceguy

Trakanon Raider
No, definitely everything wrong in the past decade or so is from too many people paying way too much attention. And the loud people on either side being very loud about it, and the people in charge pandering to that.

All the people you described are paying attention to one side. Paying attention to one side isn't paying attention. It's willingly allowing yourself to be propagandized.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
We live in a society where it is very difficult to convict people. We have a system. A really good one, assuming the accused has good legal representation and demands a jury trial.

Chauvin had good legal representation. Chauvin was convicted by a jury. It requires the unanimity 12 people, screened heavily by the defense, to convict. Cops almost never get convicted of anything. Almost nobody actually thought the trial would end with a guilty verdict, but it did.

However, a bunch of people on the internet who've looked at tiny fragments of evidence from one side, hyped up by grifter influencers, think they're smarter than the combined decision of all 12 jurists who went through the whole jury process with their instructions, so clearly we should totally disregard the outcome of the trial.

• 3Dislike
  • 2Picard
  • 1Pathetic
Reactions: 7 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Seeing as how you're from the state that brought us the Broward Cowards, I'm not surprised that you don't know what spines are and the way they would protect the airway in that kind of situation.
Just quoting this as no one reacted and it’s one of the best burns I’ve seen in a while, all while keeping it within topic. Bravo.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Warpath

Golden Baronet of the Realm
We live in a society where it is very difficult to convict people. We have a system. A really good one, assuming the accused has good legal representation and demands a jury trial.

Chauvin had good legal representation. Chauvin was convicted by a jury. It requires the unanimity 12 people, screened heavily by the defense, to convict. Cops almost never get convicted of anything. Almost nobody actually thought the trial would end with a guilty verdict, but it did.

However, a bunch of people on the internet who've looked at tiny fragments of evidence from one side, hyped up by grifter influencers, think they're smarter than the combined decision of all 12 jurists who went through the whole jury process with their instructions, so clearly we should totally disregard the outcome of the trial.
yep. completely fair trial with no outside pressure. i mean, just imagine if the president of the united states made statements proclaiming his guilt during the trial. or imagine people were credibly threatening to burn down cities if he was found not guilty. thank god we don't live in a system like that.

• 14Like
Reactions: 13 users

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
But its in HOW you decide to take your stance that makes you wrong. You don't just state your opposing view, you come at people with the heat of 1000 suns.
Once you figure out why that is, you might finally get your head out of your ass.

• 1Worf

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>

The reason no one thought it would end in a guilty verdict was it was very much proven that the cops actions didn’t kill the guy. His huge fucking heart and massive amount of drugs in him did. They also charged him with a charge that said not only did he kill him, he showed up there with the intent of killing him, on purpose. People had faith the system would work because it was obvious the media story was a lie.

People did not count on the media lies, every fucking celebrity including Joe Biden, telling them there was only one acceptable verdict, and intimidation from activists scaring the fuck out of the jury into a guilty verdict so they didn’t get their own lives ruined.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Hmm I wonder if allowing a chimp activist onto the jury who lied about their chimp activism could have tainted the process.

I wonder if refusing to allow a change of venue could have tainted the process.

I wonder if not properly sequestering the jury could have tainted the process.

I wonder if the blatant lies told by the media that aforementioned jury wasn't sequestered from could have tainted the process.

I wonder if the judge allowing Floyd's drug dealer who was riding along in the car with him at the time to not have to show up to the trial could have tainted the process.

I wonder if the judge allowing repeated and blatant prosecutorial misconduct without calling a mistrial could have tainted the process.

I wonder if the clear threats of further rioting from chimps and chimp politicians could have tainted the process.

Nah he guilty.

• 12Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 12 users

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
Once he became unresponsive and unconscious, they should not have remained on his neck for near 5 more minutes and should have started taking steps to help him. This is what I mean when I say the cops actions led to his death.
At the moment he became unresponsive would immediately taking pressure off his neck, rolling him over, cpr, anything have prevented his death?

No. So how the fuck did the cops actions lead to his death?

• 1Like

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
The point where he is no longer conscious is where it becomes indefensible to continue to lean on his neck.

The part of the interaction that I can empathize the least with Chauvin is when the minutes are dragging on and he never doubts his own actions. How does the voice inside your head tell you to just stay the course? I absolutely don't have that ability.

That being said there is a defense. People on drugs can go from unconscious to full combat effectiveness instantly. Cops are zombie flick genre savvy and don't tend to give you a chance.

• 1Solidarity

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
The reason no one thought it would end in a guilty verdict was it was very much proven that the cops actions didn’t kill the guy. His huge fucking heart and massive amount of drugs in him did. They also charged him with a charge that said not only did he kill him, he showed up there with the intent of killing him, on purpose. People had faith the system would work because it was obvious the media story was a lie.

People did not count on the media lies, every fucking celebrity including Joe Biden, telling them there was only one acceptable verdict, and intimidation from activists scaring the fuck out of the jury into a guilty verdict so they didn’t get their own lives ruined.
Yeah, in a country where Joe Biden isn't even liked by hardly any of the people who voted for him, and half the country wants to impeach him, old Joe's opinion was definitely the deciding factor for all 12 jurists. That makes sense.

It couldn't possibly be the fact that he looked like an asshole trying to murder someone in a very clearly shot video. The point of a murder trial is to establish intent and he very clearly looked like he had the intent to murder, at least in the opinion of 12 jurists, obviously. Chauvin got convicted of looking like an asshole on video, end of story.
Hmm I wonder if allowing a chimp activist onto the jury who lied about their chimp activism could have tainted the process.

I wonder if refusing to allow a change of venue could have tainted the process.

I wonder if not properly sequestering the jury could have tainted the process.

I wonder if the blatant lies told by the media that aforementioned jury wasn't sequestered from could have tainted the process.

I wonder if the judge allowing Floyd's drug dealer who was riding along in the car with him at the time to not have to show up to the trial could have tainted the process.

I wonder if the judge allowing repeated and blatant prosecutorial misconduct without calling a mistrial could have tainted the process.

I wonder if the clear threats of further rioting from chimps and chimp politicians could have tainted the process.

Nah he guilty.
I agree that he should definitely get a new trial. But I'd say that for nearly anyone convicted of murder under the same circumstances.

We have a system that is supposed to make it hard to convict people. That's what's good about our system, the burden of proof is extremely high.

Regardless, it's going to be really hard to find 12 people who watch that video and don't think the guy clearly looks like he has intent to murder the victim. But everyone deserves a fair trial regardless of their circumstances and that wasn't a very fair trial.

Same reason I am glad Bill Cosby got off. His rights were clearly violated in the original trial. That's how our system works. Same reason I'm glad that Rittenhouse was acquitted, the charges were bullshit and he had way better lawyers than the prosecution. That good lawyers make it difficult to convict people is proof that we have a good system.

• 1Picard
  • 1Seriously?
Reactions: 1 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I agree that he should definitely get a new trial. But I'd say that for nearly anyone convicted of murder under the same circumstances.

We have a system that is supposed to make it hard to convict people. That's what's good about our system, the burden of proof is extremely high.

Regardless, it's going to be really hard to find 12 people who watch that video and don't think the guy clearly looks like he has intent to murder the victim. But everyone deserves a fair trial regardless of their circumstances and that wasn't a very fair trial.

Same reason I am glad Bill Cosby got off. His rights were clearly violated in the original trial. That's how our system works. Same reason I'm glad that Rittenhouse was acquitted, the charges were bullshit and he had way better lawyers than the prosecution. That good lawyers make it difficult to convict people is proof that we have a good system.
gtfo with this reasonable response bullshit.

• 1Worf

escrima

Blackwing Lair Raider
It couldn't possibly be the fact that he looked like an asshole trying to murder someone in a very clearly shot video. The point of a murder trial is to establish intent and he very clearly looked like he had the intent to murder, at least in the opinion of 12 jurists, obviously. Chauvin got convicted of looking like an asshole on video, end of story.
How do you prove INTENT to kill via video of kneeling on someone? If you intend to kill someone, generally you'd choose a method that was likely to result in death. How likely is death from kneeling on an individual's neck/upper back when that was standard procedure for proned out, resisting subjects in every law enforcement agency (including the FBI) in the U.S.?

• 7Like
  • 2Mic Drop
Reactions: 8 users

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Well dude is dead, 4 cops are fired and jailed very few feel sorry for anyone in this shit show and Candice Owens continues to grift. Hurray for status quo. Frankly if 4 cops cannot control 1 dude IN handcuffs regardless of size then the police need better tools or training.

Interestingly enough at 15:30 in the body cam vid one of those cops asks if they should put him on his side to prevent injury and Chauvin said no. So they actually knew the training to prevent cardiac arrest but chose not to.

So your "facts" have been completely disproven so now you just make new shit up. A real "centrist" would re-evaluate when the very reasons they believe something turns out to be false.

You don't put someone in the recovery position because lying prone causes sudden cardiac arrest. That's retarded. It's to prevent them from vomiting and aspirating or their tongue blocking their airway.

Also funny how you're ignoring the medical examiner report showing he had fatal levels of fentanyl in his system. Since you're an idiot, I'll explain to you that fentanyl is an opioid which suppresses your breathing and when people die of an overdose it's almost always because it caused their breathing to be too slow to sustain life. Pretty much exactly what you saw with Floyd. There's no possible type of restraint that's going to reverse an overdose. If they say him on the curb, that's where he would have died

Any other blatantly wrong shit you want to bring up and prove even more how clueless you are?

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>

You mean the jury that didnt want their houses burned down by rioters egged on by activists and politicians? Yeah they clearly made the correct decision.

• 2Like

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
You mean the jury that didnt want their houses burned down by rioters egged on by activists and politicians? Yeah they clearly made the correct decision.

Is that the same one that had the BLM activist in it bragging afterwards?

• 2Like

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
I mean... Maxine Waters directly interfered in the trial by calling for protestors to get into people's faces more if he gets acquitted. After them "not" getting into people's faces enough with several months of actively destroying shitloads of property and killing 20+ people. And the jury was aware of that statement.

The fact it wasn't immediately called a mistrial and re-tried is hilarious at best. Chauvin was 100% a sacrifice from the police/white people to try and avoid absolute ghetto Armageddon.

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
Yeah, in a country where Joe Biden isn't even liked by hardly any of the people who voted for him, and half the country wants to impeach him, old Joe's opinion was definitely the deciding factor for all 12 jurists. That makes sense.

One should not need "good lawyers" for justice to be served. Our legal system has become a political tool, and it is being treated as such. The police department that trained Chauvin should have been sued in his place, because the dude was following their training, even though they said he wasn't while clearly showing that he was. The trial was theatre; Chauvin was going to jail regardless because Minn. was going to burn twice as hard if he got off. They sacrificed him. The entire US was going to burn even harder if he got off.

Remember the OJ trials, and the Jurors that got into interviews after? It wasn't about OJ being guilty, it was about "redressing" the King verdict. Chauvin was about avoiding the jurors getting exposed three weeks later and getting murdered in the street. Pretending otherwise is just ignorance.

Black Rage in full effect. And we, as a nation, kowtowed to this threat, at the expense of a dumbass white cop who did what he was trained and told to do, and a retarded criminal died because of elevated drug levels. The whole thing could be a Shakespearean play in how scripted it became after the initial event.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
why did you ignore the part where I included him in with celebrities? The people that people do like and listen to. Me throwing joe in there was more because of his station. I could’ve also included all the senators and other political people that were telling us the “right” verdict before the trial even started.

• 1Like