The Hobbit

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
Radaghast was done perfectly. That's almost exactly how I imagined him while reading the book. As a complete side note, I went to the bathroom during the movie didn't realize it but I ran straight in to the womens bathroom and pissed in the stall while the door was open, came out and there were like 3 women watching me at the sink, awkward.

Calbiyum

Molten Core Raider
Radaghast was done perfectly. That's almost exactly how I imagined him while reading the book. As a complete side note, I went to the bathroom during the movie didn't realize it but I ran straight in to the womens bathroom and pissed in the stall while the door was open, came out and there were like 3 women watching me at the sink, awkward.
Did your dick light up blue like bilbo's sword sting when orcs are around. I like to think it did

Dumar_sl

shitlord
It was good, but not epic good. I felt Bilbo wasn't as 'charmful' as a hobbit should be. Felt like he was just there, that's it. They messed up the troll scene, but I think they really missed the mark on riddles in the dark. I felt that scene was more dark/scary than portrayed here, which is more like a comedy dialogue almost.

Leon

<Silver Donator>
Can't wait to go see it this week end. Fuck my eyes for not having any depth perception though.

ColourofSpace_sl

shitlord
It was good, but not epic good. I felt Bilbo wasn't as 'charmful' as a hobbit should be. Felt like he was just there, that's it. They messed up the troll scene, but I think they really missed the mark on riddles in the dark. I felt that scene was more dark/scary than portrayed here, which is more like a comedy dialogue almost.
Agree with the troll scene, but I enjoyed it still. Disagree with riddles, I felt that they (almost) nailed the atmosphere and the dialogue was spot on. My only complaint is the approach of Gollum once he saw Bilbo; it was more eerie in the books with his blue eyes glowing in the dark as Bilbo watches him paddle frantically to him.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
I think its funny that the complaints about 48 fps I read have next to nothing to do with the increased framerate and mostly are just the same old complaints about HD. Sets and costumes looking like sets and costumes, really? 48 fps makes a big difference when the camera is panning or there's a lot of frantic movement going on. It does not make Bag End look like a soundstage and Hobbits look like LARPers. That's the HD effect. Don't want to look like television? Make better costumes and sets.

Bane_sl

shitlord
Did anyone see it in NON 3D? What's the reaction? I'm going to see it again in regular format this weekend.

Kinner

Clear eyes. Full Hearts. Can't lose.
Did anyone see it in NON 3D? What's the reaction? I'm going to see it again in regular format this weekend.
I saw it in good ole 2d and loved it, 3d usually gives me headaches or I end up hating the damn glasses in front of my glasses.

I am going to drag the wife with me to see the 3d version next and see which one I like better.

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
It was ok. I wasn't particularly blown away by it, but it was close enough to the mark. I will say I think it was a mistake to stretch this into three movies. The chunks of backstory and additional material that Jackson has woven in tended to break up the continuity of the main storyline too much imo. It feels like it's being stretched out at times, especially the beginning.

I also saw it in the HFR 3D format. WHile I think the HFR certainly helps 3D, I didn't care for the overall look. I want a movie to look like a movie (ie. better than reality).

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider
The movie was very enjoyable, I loved it. I'm also convinced that 48fps is the future, it took just a few minutes to adjust my eyes, and then the rest of the movie was spent enjoying all the added details. Fight scenes and fast movement scenes look so much better. I was really afraid that it would have a soap opera look, but nope, it was great. Sure, it doesn't have the grainy, motion-blurred look we're so used to in movies, and there are certainly some techniques that need changed/refined for the new format (fast camera movements on non-action scenes don't look so good), but it didn't take me long at all to adjust. The 3D was the best I've ever seen, thanks to being shot in 48fps. Everything just had a nice depth to it, it wasn't gimmicky at all. I already want to go see it again, for both the content and the technology.

mixtilplix

Lord Nagafen Raider
Saw the 24p 3d version and I thoroughly enjoyed it. I think the reviews were a little too harsh. The film actually played more like a tolkien novel then a movie with all the lore segues. It made the pace a bit bumpy. Radagast completely stole the movie.

The 48fps looked fine once I adjusted to it, which took about half the movie. Radagast's rabbit chase scene looked really really cheesy with the extra frames, but it might have looked that way in the 24fps version too, I'm not sure.

Maul

Dental Dammer
Saw it in regular 2D since I really can't stand 3D, Movie was great. Fuck IMAX being 3D only here :/

Berserker dwarfs raping orcs during the Moria flashbacks were awesome, wish they expanded on that a bit more!

Bane_sl

shitlord
Saw it in regular 2D since I really can't stand 3D, Movie was great. Fuck IMAX being 3D only here :/

Berserker dwarfs raping orcs during the Moria flashbacks were awesome, wish they expanded on that a bit more!
Yea the scenes of the Dwarf wars were epic. All the hammer-smashing was a great tribute to the blunt weapon lovers out there!