The Joe Rogan Experience (JRE)

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Ray Kurzweil was a name you hear a lot, but this was the first time I have ever seen or heard him speak.

He is a bit of an anomaly. Lot of opinions, but not many facts or substance backing them up. Nevertheless, he has been right about the advancement rates of technology. He just wasn't able to articulate very well why. He came off like someone that can see the results of technology, has opinions, but has no actual idea or knowledge of how it all works.

Contrast that with an Elon, who seemingly knows everything about everything, down to an engineering level. Regardless of his track record, Kurzweil doesn't pass the bullshit test when he makes wild predictions.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Yeah his comments on solar panels? And wind? Yeah not gonna happen bud. On the advancement of tech? Yeah mores law predicted that shit way before he did. This guy is all washed up. Hes just hoping tech somehow saves him from death (not gonna happen).

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
I found this to be kind of terrible for a variety of reasons, dude is not very articulate being one of them.

I had the same issue with Zack Snyder, nice guy and visually creative however, language, the use of words, is not one of his strengths. He, Snyder, gets Batman and Superman *visually* but beyond that he's fucking clueless. I would love to see a Zack Snyder movie written by, oh say, Ben Affleck.

I kind of kept waiting for the awkward moment where you knew Ray Kurzweil sharted. He just looks the kind of guy who has to wear a diaper just-in-case.
The opposite of this is Russell Brand. I loved listening to him talk to Jordan Peterson because Peterson would explain some idea to him and Russell would immediately say it back to him in better words. Peterson isn't inarticulate but Brand really has a way with words. Couldn't take his solo stuff though. Too much yelling.

• 1Solidarity

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
James Lindsay was a great guest the first few times, especially the first one after his grievance papers.
This new one is a hot mess though. Guy has spent too long down the rabbit hole and is starting to sound like a crazy person.

• 1Like

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
James Lindsay was a great guest the first few times, especially the first one after his grievance papers.
This new one is a hot mess though. Guy has spent too long down the rabbit hole and is starting to sound like a crazy person.
I think I'm a little better at reading people than the average person. I don't think I'm some kind of savant with it. Poker is what made me think of it as an active skill instead of a passive skill, and I don't pretend to be in the upper tiers of card players when it comes to reading people...but I do think I'm at least a little better than the average person.

There's a LOT of people that get catapulted to fame because of Joe's podcast. It seems like 80% of them go crazy a few appearances in. Even Cam Haines has sounded, uh, less grounded the last few times he was on. Oliver Anthony seemed that way right from the get go, but maybe it's only because he was in the whirlwind of new fame.

I pay a lot of attention to "trending". It's easy with Joe's podcast because he has a lot of repeat guests. Most of them have become drastically different people if you listen to their first and most recent appearance. The people that sound like the same person are on the rarer side.

Siliconemelons

Keyword is seemingly.

For a CEO he knows and keeps tabs on a lot - even on things we have forgotten about like Boreing Co. (because its the boreing one of them all... heh...heh...)

Many attributed this to him being "active" in the companies when they were small and started / starting - but he has kept this up even as the companies have gotten bigger and wider in scope - you have to give Elon credit on this one.

Having gone through being an early adopter of the Mustang Mach-e and my co worker being a Tesla fanatic - the Prez of Ford has 0 real clue on anything that is in his "flagship EV" while Elon can talk about many details throughout any of his products and companies.

Gutterflesh

Parody Account
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
This would have been better without Ian, whoever the fuck he is.

I had to turn it off when that Ian faggot started blathering about how “badass” he was riding his bike around New York and getting into fights with cars.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
This would have been better without Ian, whoever the fuck he is.

he's dave's straphanger. dave is now old and dumb so he needs a personal assistant to do shit for him, and he might as well be a failed comic and open for him too

jmal2000

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
When I was in my 20s, I took all of joe rogan motivational speeches, wrote them down and memorized them. It got me a lot of handshakes. I suggest you guys listen to this video and internalize it as well.

I don't want to hurt anybody's feelings I think people that that hurt people's feelings even if you justify it you know you did something and I think that thing that [ __ ] with your head and it it devalues you in your own eyes you're not a hero in your own eyes you're not you're not someone who you respect you know you're doing what you got to do to get by but ultimately you're not respecting yourself and I think we all have a certain amount of appreciation and respect for hero figures you know like we all look at like the guy who never lies and always does the right thing and [ __ ] helps everybody out and that's the John Wayne character you know that's that's the the ultimate hero and when you look at your own life and you don't stack up you're a thief you stole money from your wife's purse and you know you you you you you you don't want to smoke cigarettes but you [ __ ] have to you can't deal with the stress you smoke you devalue yourself you slowly start devaluing yourself you when you look at yourself you realize that if you were judging yourself you would judge yourself unfavorably if you're stealing if you're hurting people if you're damaging so no matter who you you can't pretend you're the the the the hero of your story you can't you have to be the hero of your own story and you can do that you can be the hero of your own story that woke up today you can be the hero of your own story that at 40 years of age stopped got out of bed and said I'm not doing this anymore I'm doing this different now I am going to figure this out and I'm going to do it only by my instincts and only by my morals and my ideals and my mind and I'm going to be dead honest with my myself cuz I'm realizing this is not going to last forever and I'm going to be the nicest [ __ ] human being to everyone I meet possibly and I'm going to get myself in shape and I'm going to eat healthy and I'm going to do this because this is this is me now I decide that this is me and people have to realize that you are not your past you are not all the times you [ __ ] up you are not all the times you couldn't get it up you are not all the times you were drunk and you know and you threw up in someone's car that's not you what you you are the person who's learned from a great deal of experiences and if you learn correctly and if you process them correctly you'll have a happier life you know

Chris

Potato del Grande
When I was in my 20s, I took all of joe rogan motivational speeches, wrote them down and memorized them. It got me a lot of handshakes. I suggest you guys listen to this video and internalize it as well.

Thanks Jamal, if it worked for you, it could work for us

jmal2000

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
Joe was on point in his younger days and into his early podcast days. I've been following him a long time. I lost all his old youtube videos to algorithm, can't find the first videos that made me like Joe. It's all JRE clips now.

I definitely recommend listening to first 300 episodes of JRE to get into him. If you want to appreciate him. He's changed a lot over time. I guess that happens when he puts out so many podcast episodes a week, you will change doing this. But Joe is still Joe. I love him. He motivated me a lot in life. I've seen him live 3 times. First time was when his forums were still up. I got a picture with him. He took pictures with everyone back then, doesn't do that anymore. Talked to Redban. Saw Joey perform. Joey killed it. "Bitch I'll go down on you so hard, I'll suck your liver out."

4mZjB.jpg

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Joe was on point in his younger days and into his early podcast days. I've been following him a long time. I lost all his old youtube videos to algorithm, can't find the first videos that made me like Joe. It's all JRE clips now.

I definitely recommend listening to first 300 episodes of JRE to get into him. If you want to appreciate him. He's changed a lot over time. I guess that happens when he puts out so many podcast episodes a week, you will change doing this. But Joe is still Joe. I love him. He motivated me a lot in life. I've seen him live 3 times. First time was when his forums were still up. I got a picture with him. He took pictures with everyone back then, doesn't do that anymore. Talked to Redban. Saw Joey perform. Joey killed it. "Bitch I'll go down on you so hard, I'll suck your liver out."

View attachment 524095
his first 300 podcasts by todays standards are garbage b/c they were just done sitting at a dining table while everyone gets blazed

Bald Brah

Bronze Squire
his first 300 podcasts by todays standards are garbage b/c they were just done sitting at a dining table while everyone gets blazed
Yep hard to believe he got famous by catering to a bunch of pothead conspiracy theorists.

• 1Double Worf

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Yep hard to believe he got famous by catering to a bunch of pothead conspiracy theorists.
first 300 were also horrible b/c thats when he had that faggot ass redbad producing and throwing in his quips and stupid shit like olive garden 4 life

as piss poor and biased of a googler jamie is, at least he shuts up

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I listened to #2117 with Ray Kurzweil today at work. During the podcast, Ray kept talking about how AI is going to make the world a better place or something along those lines. I hardly agree with him, but it could make it an interesting place. Joe brought up that what AI should work on is making a "new" universal language for EVERY person on Earth to use. Listening to that, my mind started to wander, thinking that the AI should pull basic sounds from every language and crafts something new that we could all use. That way it doesn't leave out people whose language doesn't even remotely have similar sounds. Interesting theory, but doubt it would ever happen.