The Joe Rogan Experience (JRE)

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
I'm just disagreeing with you. I don't agree with the central premise that there's a "good reason" to frame people for crimes, even in the scenario you made up. Or that anything approaching justice can come from that.

Someone being punished for a crime that they committed is justice, regardless of how it came to happen. A guilty person going free for lack of evidence is not justice, it's just what we have to accept in our imperfect system because the alternative is worse. If you disagree with that then I don't even know what the word means to you.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Someone being punished for a crime that they committed is justice, regardless of how it came to happen. A guilty person going free for lack of evidence is not justice, it's just what we have to accept in our imperfect system because the alternative is worse. If you disagree with that then I don't even know what the word means to you.
I think justice is more complicated than that, for sure. And I definitely don't think that crooked cops framing anyone, even a guilty person, qualifies as justice. A person who gets life in prison for stealing a slice of pizza is being punished for breaking the law, but that isn't justice, without the concept of fairness baked into justice it's just vengeance.

• 1Picard
Reactions: 1 user

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I think justice is more complicated than that, for sure. And I definitely don't think that crooked cops framing anyone, even a guilty person, qualifies as justice. A person who gets life in prison for stealing a slice of pizza is being punished for breaking the law, but that isn't justice, without the concept of fairness baked into justice it's just vengeance.
no one gets life in prison for stealing a slice of pizza, unless they broke some sort of 3strikes rule and then... how do you defend that, he didn't get sent to jail for stealing a slice of pizza, this is just the one crime the criminal got caught doing, after being given 2 other chances.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
no one gets life in prison for stealing a slice of pizza, unless they broke some sort of 3strikes rule and then... how do you defend that, he didn't get sent to jail for stealing a slice of pizza, this is just the one crime the criminal got caught doing, after being given 2 other chances.
Yeah man, that law is hot garbage. Regardless of my feelings on the law, in the end, in that case, what happened in that case wasn't justice.

Our system is crazy. We lock people up for petty shit, we have record low crime rates and record high incarceration rates. Justice doesn't even factor in. I'd think a lot more of poeple here would be uncomfortable with this system given how often I get told that the libs want to make misgendering people illegal or whatever. No one, or group, should have this kind of power over other citizens.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Yeah man, that law is hot garbage. Regardless of my feelings on the law, in the end, in that case, what happened in that case wasn't justice.

Our system is crazy. We lock people up for petty shit, we have record low crime rates and record high incarceration rates. Justice doesn't even factor in. I'd think a lot more of poeple here would be uncomfortable with this system given how often I get told that the libs want to make misgendering people illegal or whatever. No one, or group, should have this kind of power over other citizens.
no, we don't lock ppl up for petty shit, we lock ppl up for petty shit after we've given them more than enough chances to stop doing petty shit.

why would i ever be unhappy seeing a guy put behind bars for petty theft?

everything a criminal does has adverse affects on regular citizens. look at this dirtbag george floyd, he's sitting in his car passing off counterfeit money robbing the grocery store.

no he didn't just get a "free" pack of cigarettes, he also got change too, so he stole more than just a pack of cigs, and he's busy getting high off of all these drugs in his car. if he wasn't pulled out of his car by the popo, he'd have been driving and having that spastic seizure on the road and killing other motorists or pedestrians.

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
There is no petty shit. There is law. Don’t fucking. Break it. Should some drugs be legalized, hell yes. But they aren’t. So I can’t feel bad for people catching charges for possession or dealing. It’s so easy 99.5 percent of us manage to do it. But .5 can’t just follow the law or accept outcomes.

Am I saint? No. I’ve done drugs. I’ve also drove when I probably had one or two too many. And I would accept any charges I got.

Lucky for me I learned that lesson as a Minor.

It’s not like there is not a choice for criminals. They aren’t born this way, they live in shit but it’s still a choice.

Guess that’s my privilege talking.

I just don’t get how you guys can act like it’s impossible to drive the speed limit, have a valid license and insurance, not sell drugs or adult people.

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden

By your logic there should be no laws at all because that’s too much power for anyone.

Justice is a made up concept by faggots. There is laws and rules. Follow them or fuck off

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
“We have record low crime and record high incarceration”....it’s almost like locking up animals
Works

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
idk, I just don't look at society like that. Especially now. You shouldn't have your life, or familiy's life, ruined for violating a drug law. No one should. That isn't what we, as a nation, are supposed to be about. And we weren't, until recently. The pendulum has swung way, way too far in the authoritarian direction.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
“We have record low crime and record high incarceration”....it’s almost like locking up animals
Works
Except it doesn't work man, it ruins these communities and fucking 50 years into the drug war we're still talking about the exact same problems from the 70s with families, incarceration, generational poverty, all that shit, which Joe was talking about in the Project Innocence and in the Shapiro podcast. These places, and communities, are traps and our fucked up judicial system is one of many reasons why.

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
idk, I just don't look at society like that. Especially now. You shouldn't have your life, or familiy's life, ruined for violating a drug law. No one should. That isn't what we, as a nation, are supposed to be about. And we weren't, until recently. The pendulum has swung way, way too far in the authoritarian direction.

But where do you draw the line. Caught with an 8 ball is surely not as bad making 10 kilos over the border. That’s why people need to keep pushing for decriminalization of lower level offenses.

But they aren’t, cause they don’t care.

So just don’t do drugs mmkay

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Except it doesn't work man, it ruins these communities and fucking 50 years into the drug war we're still talking about the exact same problems from the 70s with families, incarceration, generational poverty, all that shit, which Joe was talking about in the Project Innocence and in the Shapiro podcast. These places, and communities, are traps and our fucked up judicial system is one of many reasons why.
all blacks should strive to be like carlton, even tho "hood" says he ain't black enough

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
But where do you draw the line. Caught with an 8 ball is surely not as bad making 10 kilos over the border. That’s why people need to keep pushing for decriminalization of lower level offenses.

But they aren’t, cause they don’t care.

So just don’t do drugs mmkay
Violence and property damage/loss. Everything else is questionable, at best. And should be, motherfuckers got facebook and stopped being skeptical.

I'll give in and pledge allegience to the police state if we can just talk about how fucking funny Tim Dillon is. That is the true crime here, we're not discussing Los Angeles' #1 podcaster.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Violence and property damage/loss. Everything else is questionable, at best. And should be, motherfuckers got facebook and stopped being skeptical.

I'll give in and pledge allegience to the police state if we can just talk about how fucking funny Tim Dillon is. That is the true crime here, we're not discussing Los Angeles' #1 podcaster.
joe loves tim dillon so much that he'll have him on multiple times even after tim shits on joes new bff brendon schaub on other podcasts but sucks schaubs dick on his podcast, tim knows how to play the game

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Playing the game works as part of his bit, which makes it even funnier. His podcast about the Chris D'elia accusations moving up his spot at The Comedy Store, shit is gold.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>

What in the fuck are you even talking about? Justice isn't complicated, implementation is. Is it your opinion that if someone can get away with a crime, then justice has been done? This nonsense about pizza is just words that don't apply to what I'm talking about. Justice means finding the impartial truth of what happened. Obviously the appropriate punishment for a specific crime is up for interpretation but that doesn't change the truth, nor does the behavior of the police. Don't come back with the shit about how how "we don't know" or you're just willfully ignoring what I'm saying for the sake of argument.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Again, I disagree, I think you're oversimplifying, and I think justice definitely means more than just finding the impartial truth. tbh I think that's a pretty weak ass definition of justice and doesn't fit. I'm not ignoring what you're saying, I just think you're wrong.

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
Seeds are planted. Ow within three years chaos will think all laws are racist and there is no such thing as crime unless you are misgendering someone. This is how the commies subverted millions and will continue to do so

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
I see a dystopian future where roving bands of alt feminist non-binary starseed channeler earthchildren police forces are committing one Ruby Ridge per month over violations of The Gender Code. Subscribe to my youtube channel and I'll tell you how we can defeat the neo-marxist vampires.