The Kansas City BBQ "get-together and pig out" thread

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
Small world - my uncle is the head cook for all the Jack Stacks. A few years ago he competed with Bobby Flay at some competition, but I forget which, might've been a state fair. I think they called it a draw =p
I still owe you dinner /shakes fist

If we do Nov 10th, ask your uncle if he'll be working on that Sunday and maybe we can harass him for you!

It isn't like most BBQ places that are total dives and you can get a good sandwich for 7 bucks or something.
I did love going to Wyandot BBQ as a kid and ordering a bunch of BBQ sandwiches to go. (hahahaha just looked at their site!Home Page)

Was thinking about Jack Stack favorites this morning: mushrooms, onion rings, crown prime rib

thumb_600.jpg

537586029_20252790b6.jpg

jackribs.jpg

prime-ribs.jpg

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
This thread sounds fat.

It's making me real hungry, though.

Gravy

Bronze Squire
And that drive across MO, Illinois, Indiana, and Ohio is one boring goddamn drive.
That's truth right there; I had no idea how much suck Ohio was until I drove across it. I still want to go back and party specifically in Cinci, but maybe Cleveland, too.

Back to the topic: Errobro, you like those thick rings at Jack Stack? I love onion rings, but I prefer the skinny ones. On a side note, I had a gal apply for a job at our store who listed JackStack as a previous employer so I interviewed the hell out of her about the beans. Didn't hire her though, bitch was rough.

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
Errobro, you like those thick rings at Jack Stack? I love onion rings, but I prefer the skinny ones.
I like them both as long as they're not soggy. I also can't stand when you can't bite through the $%^#$ onion and you end up pulling the onion out of the breading with your teeth.

Troll_sl

shitlord
Man... so tempted to just drive from Portland. But it's 26 hours. I'd probably die.

I've done 18 hours in one day, and that kicked my ass.

Szeth

Trakanon Raider
Man... so tempted to just drive from Portland. But it's 26 hours. I'd probably die.

I've done 18 hours in one day, and that kicked my ass.
Find someone along the way who won't harvest your kidneys and relay drive it. Did Fort Lauderdale to JFK last year after my flight got canceled... 9 hours after they told us it was 100% going just delayed

Dyvim

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Or rent an italian sportscar and race there the smokey and the bandit style.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Honestly, I was thinking that Kansas was where Kentucky was. I've been to neither of those states, despite many road trips in America. Though I typically drive from Philly to Maine or Florida. I've also gone to Toronto once.

The layout of the rest of the country, with the exception of the "big name" states, is inconsequential to me. But yeah, premium HS education at its finest.

Gravy

Bronze Squire
I hit the Lockhart, TX trio of BBQ joints about a year ago and it was some of the best brisket and sausage I've ever had.

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
That is a really tasty road trip. Group of friends have discussed doing a bros road trip hitting BBQ and whiskey places across the south. I really want to try some KC BBQ but don't have a reason to go there otherwise.

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Salt Lick is complete trash. The only good thing about the Salt Lick is it is BYOB. Bring a cooler on a nice day and just get drunk while you wait for a table. Not hard for BBQ to taste amazing when you are smashed.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I will in town nov 30th for Broncos game. Jooboo Error maybe one of you guys wanna go to the game? You know how awesome that would be.

Anyways I will be there for sure Friday.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
I still owe you dinner /shakes fist

If we do Nov 10th, ask your uncle if he'll be working on that Sunday and maybe we can harass him for you!

I did love going to Wyandot BBQ as a kid and ordering a bunch of BBQ sandwiches to go. (hahahaha just looked at their site!Home Page)

Was thinking about Jack Stack favorites this morning: mushrooms, onion rings, crown prime rib

thumb_600.jpg

537586029_20252790b6.jpg

jackribs.jpg

prime-ribs.jpg
I want all of that now. NOW.

Tea_sl

shitlord
And that drive across MO, Illinois, Indiana, and Ohio is one boring goddamn drive. About the only thing that could make it worse is if you were also driving across kansas.
Indianapolis to St. Louis is one of the worst fucking drives ever. I'd take Kansas over that shit every time.

Also Carolina BBQ supremacy.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Indianapolis to St. Louis is one of the worst fucking drives ever. I'd take Kansas over that shit every time.

Also Carolina BBQ supremacy.
I've driven Indianapolis to St. Louis probably over 20 times and the entirety of Kansas 4-5 times. There's almost no comparison with how dull Kansas is compared to that stretch of 70 that runs from MO through IN.

Once you get near the Colorado border things liven up a bit, but you've also just suffered through some of the most mind numbing 400 mile stretches that exist in the entire US so it's hard to give an accurate assessment.