The Knick

Grumpus

Molten Core Raider
0.00 star(s) Rating: 0.00/5 0 Votes
Title: The Knick

Genre: Drama

First aired: 2014-08-08

Creator: Jack Amiel, Michael Begler

Cast: Clive Owen, André Holland, Jeremy Bobb, Juliet Rylance, Eve Hewson, Michael Angarano, Cara Seymour, Eric Johnson, Chris Sullivan

Overview: Set in downtown New York in 1900, 'The Knick' is centered on the Knickerbocker Hospital and the groundbreaking surgeons, nurses and staff who work there, pushing the bounds of medicine in a time of astonishingly high mortality rates and zero antibiotics. John Thackery is a brilliant surgeon pioneering new methods in the field, despite his secret addiction to cocaine. He leads a team of doctors including his protégé Dr. Everett Gallinger; the young Dr. Bertie Chickering Jr. and Dr. Algernon Edwards, a promising surgeon who's been recently thrust upon him. The lively cast of characters at the hospital also includes Cornelia Robertson, the daughter of its benefactor, Captain August Robertson; surly ambulance driver Tom Cleary; Lucy Elkins; a fresh-faced nurse from the country; the crooked hospital administrator Herman Barrow; and Sister Harriet, a nun who isn't afraid to speak her mind.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
The music to this show was great, very different which i liked.

This Wakandan though ......

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Strong first episode.

I got a 1900's House vibe
wink.png

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
When I heard about this I thought great another hospital show but I caught the first episode and it drew me in right away. I will be watching this week for sure.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
bumping because it's on again tonight and the first ep was great

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Pilot was nice, Clive Owen is good and early 20th century hardcore medicine drama is somewhat new. I'd definitely want to see more.

Feien

Ploppers
Love the way this is shot. Seems like they are using mostly natural light which gives it a very dark mood fitting really well with the period.

BrutulTM

<Silver Donator>
This show is good for dieting because there's no way you can eat while watching.

chorboy

Silver Knight of the Realm
Easily the best show i've seen in the past few years next to girls/game of thrones.

Szlia

Just watched the first two episodes: we'll see how it goes, but I will certainly check the whole season. Could indeed be very very good.

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
This show is good for dieting because there's no way you can eat while watching.
Yeah I've tried to watch the latest episode in front of a lasagna plate, I had to switch to some Seinfeld episode to eat it. When he goes inspecting the lady's nose was the moment I nope'd.

Szlia

Am I right to assume labor day week-end messed with the schedule? As in, ep4 has not been broadcasted yet?

BrutulTM

<Silver Donator>
Guys, this show is fucking gross. I am not usually squeamish about TV gore but I literally shut my eyes for the second half of the conversation with the noseless woman in this week's episode.

Arcaus_sl

shitlord
I am torn on this show. Some of the plot s okay. Algernon is amazing. I kind of wish the show was 100% about him. The way this show is shot though is like it's trying to be artsy to be artsy. Like fucking shoot the shot and play it in a way that makes sense, not some random stop action flick from the 70's. For instance, the fight scene with Algernon out back of the bar. That was pretty much a piece of shit.

Many of the scenes are too dark. We actually have to adjust the brightness on the TV specifically for this show and change it back afterwards. It' a pain in the ass.

I hope Bono's daughter gets the wood laid to her by Thackery though and we get to watch. She is oddly attractive even though her dad is a cockbag.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
5 episodes deep and still awesome.

...and gross.

If you're still not watching this you're missing out.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
I don't get the deal with the c-sections. Why is this defeating them so hard? Wasn't this pretty much a solved problem by 1906 or whenever the fuck this is?

TV show information provided by The Movie Database