The Last Kingdom

Fury

Silver Knight of the Realm
A couple of surprises for me in this last episode. Didn't expect so many main players to get the axe. Excellent first season. I hope they can carry it on as well in season 2, assuming there is a season 2. Being BBC it could be over, or two years before we see more.

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
Did you guys feel like the last episode was rushed? Not is quality but in story. Great ending and battle and the season overall was great.

calhoonjugganaut

Trakanon Raider
I loved this season. Only 8 episodes sucks...I would definitely watch season 2. Didn't expect some of the plot turns in the final episode. For a season finale it was very well done for an hour episode but left wanting a little bit more.

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
Do you guys recommend Vikings? I'm looking for some new shows to dive into. I always got the impression that show was ok but nothing amazing. Am I wrong there?

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
I haven't watched either. Should Vikings be watched first or does it not matter?

Agraza

Registered Hutt
Doesn't matter as they're quite distinct, but the events in Vikings do start earlier in this period. Understand that they both take liberties with the setting.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'd watch Vikings first but it really doesn't matter. Really enjoyed this show. Hopefully they come back with 12 episodes of season 2.

Zajeer

Molten Core Raider
I just caught this show on Netflix and found it to be really great. Anyone know if it got renewed for s2?

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Just added this to my list.

Netflix picked up season 2 & is helping BBC with this. Definitely a good sign.

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
Just added this to my list.

Netflix picked up season 2 & is helping BBC with this. Definitely a good sign.
Glad to hear it. I read the first 7 or so books. While they became a little formulaic, I think they would make great tv-- so long as the fighting was well choreographed (considering that was the best part of the books).

I enjoyed this show more than Vikings. Great stuff. Looking forward to Season 2 where Uhtred son of Uhtred probably ends up with more wives & lovers.

Lleauaric

Sparkletot Monger
[SERIES][TVPOSTER]
52fBNs8N0xZXHcCm1MDs0nvLQKK.jpg
[/TVPOSTER][SERIESWRAP][EPISODENAME]The Last Kingdom[/EPISODENAME]

Genre: [GENRE]Action[/GENRE], [GENRE]History[/GENRE], [GENRE]Romance[/GENRE]

First Aired: [RELEASE]2015-10-10[/RELEASE]

Overview: [PLOT]A show of heroic deeds and epic battles with a thematic depth that embraces politics, religion, warfare, courage, love, loyalty and our universal search for identity. Combining real historical figures and events with fictional characters, it is the story of how a people combined their strength under one of the most iconic kings of history in order to reclaim their land for themselves and build a place they call home.[/PLOT][/SERIESWRAP][/SERIES]

On Netflix

Fucking excellent. Highly, highly recommend.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kanglor

Silver Knight of the Realm
Yeah, thought it was pretty good myself. Though it's another show that seems to have flown way under the radar of most people.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

iannis

Musty Nester
I really loved it. Until the last episode. That last episode was no where near up to par.

There had to have been some production issues.

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider
I can't remember the last episode specifically, but I was thoroughly entertained by the first season. Will happily watch more.