The Last Kingdom

Reht

Molten Core Raider
Really enjoyed the first season, season 2 (another 10 episodes) is slated for some time in 2017. The good news is there is a lot of source material since Bernard Cromwell's Saxon Stories already has 9 books with another book on the way.

TrollfaceDeux

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Bronze Donator>
this is my white super male fantasy.

fucking amazing. watched season 1 twice or three times already.

season 2 starts off like season 1 never ended. exact same tone of pacing.

PRAISE LORD.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
They did a great job with casting. The books were excellent at the action sequences and storyline, but the characters (especially the protagonist) were a little flat. The actors in the show are adding dimensions to the characters and doing a great job bringing them to life.

Really liking the second season so far and agree that it feels like an uninterrupted continuation of the first season. Great show.

• 1Solidarity

TrollfaceDeux

<Bronze Donator>
Episode 4.

Best.
Show.
Ever.

I am gonna keep my subscription with Netflix just for this...money worth.

Oldbased

> Than U
The website says it is on BBCAmerica but the guide only shows 365 days of Star Trek TNG basically.
Is it online only?

Oldbased

> Than U
I think it is netflix special. Weekly releases.
Ahhh.
So weird it is on BBCA website but not actually shown on that channel. I think you can watch it off the website without Netflix though.
BBCA has a odd love for Star Trek though. It is like 70% of what the channel plays it seems.

sneakyflute

Golden Squire
They did a great job with casting. The books were excellent at the action sequences and storyline, but the characters (especially the protagonist) were a little flat. The actors in the show are adding dimensions to the characters and doing a great job bringing them to life.

Really liking the second season so far and agree that it feels like an uninterrupted continuation of the first season. Great show.

The lead is a solid actor but I really wish they'd make him shave that scumstache. I'm pretty sure he would have been executed in real life for having such pussy facial hair.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
The lead is a solid actor but I really wish they'd make him shave that scumstache. I'm pretty sure he would have been executed in real life for having such pussy facial hair.

Haha I'm not going to lie- I was thinking the exact same thing last week. I think that's just how the dude's facial hair grows- maybe.

TrollfaceDeux

<Bronze Donator>
I would fuck that mercian queen so fast.

this show is still awesome. It never ends. One conflict starts. Another starts. One conflict ends. More shit happens.

Ingeniousssss

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
Wow. In a crowded room of great tv shows, this show is somehow managing to come out on top. I was expecting this season to be really good after how great the last season was, but man they really fucking kicked it up a notch.

I'm going to call it now. This is going to be one of those shows (a la The Wire) that flies under the radar for most people. This is one of those rare shows where all the stars align as far as writing/acting/directing.

• 1Like

Xenrauk

Trakanon Raider
Great series, really never a boring moment.
Too bad it's only 8 episodes a season, next week will be season finale.

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
Wow great show. One more show I wouldnt have noticed except for FOH. Almost as good as Vikings.

Ender4212

Golden Knight of the Realm
Loved season 2. I guess there are talks regarding a third season, but nothing announced that I've seen. I'm ready for more Uhtred son of Uhtred.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Loved season 2. I guess there are talks regarding a third season, but nothing announced that I've seen. I'm ready for more Uhtred son of Uhtred.

They've barely touched the Uncle storyline so I can't imagine they're not already assuming at least season 3 is going to happen.