The Last of Us

Oldbased

> Than U
Tommy's wife gonna show up and go ape mode on some motherfuckers. Checkmate nazis.
Also how did we go from 23 episodes a year 20 years ago full hour to 13 then 12 then 11 then 10 and now lately 8 fucking episodes like every 2 years. WTF jews.

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
No one mentioned it but the most surprising thing to me in the last episode, which again was a good one, was the US flag in the settlement. A more woke faggot of a director would have never shown that.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I don't recall him having miniature panic attacks over his fears though. Then again, I haven't played it since it came out.
he only get shows fear FOR ellie, nothing else like when she got swept away by the massive current
cuz she couldn't swim

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Oldbased

> Than U
No one mentioned it but the most surprising thing to me in the last episode, which again was a good one, was the US flag in the settlement. A more woke faggot of a director would have never shown that.
You mean the American flag while promoting communism? Ya.. not woke.

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
You mean the American flag while promoting communism? Ya.. not woke.
It's has been a fairly well established fact on these boards that communism is the best system for tiny communities. You are crying over faggot milk.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Oldbased

> Than U
It's has been a fairly well established fact on these boards that communism is the best system for tiny communities. You are crying over faggot milk.
Communism is never acceptable.
The only proper way to run a small community is Neganism

• 3Worf
  • 1Dislike
Reactions: 3 users

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Communism is never acceptable.
I have bad news for you. Communism like systems were the default for the bulk of human existence. What applies to extremely resource limited small groups is not the same thing as anything that can be called a nation state.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Cybsled

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Communism can work ok for a very small community that doesn’t trade and just does it’s own thing in order to survive and everyone pulls their weight that is able to. Basically think a family unit pooling resources.

It completely fails at scale, though

• 1Like

Oldbased

> Than U
The fact that they usually slaughter people according to 20 rabbits a day Indian man just adds to the many million body count of communism.
It might work well on a small community but to do it with an American flag is just wokism. Ain't no Merican

• 1Picard

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
brainlet-brainlet-bike.gif

• 1Pathetic
  • 1Worf

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Yea like, you couldn't possibly dream of a more ideal scenario for a small scale commune lmao. ~500ish people or whatever, literal death in various forms waiting outside your walls in a harsh northern climate. I think the whole joke scene of being being literal communism and that making Tommy falter for a sec is that it probably never even occurred to him that that's what it is.

I do appreciate that despite the almost comical perfection of the place as soon as Joel and Ellie leaves she's asking him if that's how things were run before the apocalypse and he's immediately like lol no that would never work.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Penance

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Communism would never work because humans are fucking pricks.

Capitalism works because humans are fucking pricks.

America is failing most of its citizens not due to Capitalism but because of crony Capitalism (ie corporatism) spurred on by globalism.

Juvarisx

Florida
I mean its a tv show with a town with a population under 500 and has a elected town council. Sure when they get ato a big enough size it wont work anymore, but a self sustaining town of that size it absolutely would provided corruption doesn't overwhelm it. The people there have every reason to work together as outside their border is essentially pure death in many forms.

They showed the opposite of it in the FEDRA base where they had unskilled labor doing any work available and people did it for ration cards. The guards there were highly corrupt and the work was shit work that existed to continue the system rather it being vital.

So yea Communism does indeed suck but the test case in the show is essentially the perfect application of it for a safe harbor town in the middle of nowhere.

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
The super commie perfect town shit was a bit eye rolling. That change from the game was just pure wokism. In the game, they are just some people trying to get a hydrodam going again and Joel helps them repel some raiders. Ok they hook him up with one of the raider horses, makes sense. In this version, the town that survives party on being isolated is going to let random murder hobo take a horse and leave after feeding him a day? They did not think that one through.

Also as well executed as the PTSD Joel stuff was, it kind of came out of nowhere and reeks of them trying to pussify him. If they stick to the original morally ambiguous ending and not the sequel's retcon of it that made Joel out to be an asshole, I will accept this show as a great one season story. I won't be tuning in for the live action version of Tranny Golf Murder Simulator 1000 with some roided out Troon as the focus character. This show lives and dies on Pedro's performance and even if the story for TOLU2 were not garbage, I can't see it being worth watching without him in it. This is particularly true as they are really trimming back the zombie battles (and action in general) probably to save budget. I.E. Cheaper to have Gay Bear Ron Swanson bottle episode than to show them fighting though the school for a milspec battery, as one major example of this. The major condensing of the KC sequence and adding in backstory for the rebels was another. Early on, the extra side bits were pretty good (the 1970s talk show, the stuff in Sri Lanka) especially for world building, but the later episodes its clearly for keeping the budget down.

This show has, and continues to have, great potential. But knowing its getting season two and that the entire first game was crammed into a single season, means the next three episodes are the Ellies Gay BTW DLC, the cult stuff in the snow, and the final SLC stuff. Thats a lot of material being packed into each episode, meaning less action and tension and more "backstory" from Druckmann to shit on the original story with. It also means S2 is assuredly Troonzilla Gigantor focused, which I will not be sticking around for.

• 3Like
  • 1Picard
  • 1Tiresome
Reactions: 4 users

Fadaar

That guy
What the fuck man?

I feel like I have to just stop coming to this thread. You all are faggots.

Wtf crawled up your ass? He asked how is Ellie going to stop Joel's bleeding, I gave a shown-in-the-show response.

• 2Like

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
tampons? what? that same episode, they showed a quite detailed scene with a menstrual cup. thats clearly whats shes gonna use.