The Last of Us

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Anybody claiming dark souls has a story is kidding themselves. It’s basically the same as nes/snes era games that had a text screen at the beginning and the occasional text screen at the start of the next mission.

Which is fine, it’s a good example of amazing games not needing to have all of the same aspects as other great games.
I think people mistake me saying TLOU didn't have great gameplay as me saying the game was bad. I do think it got overhyped but it was still a good game. I certainly would not say it was my favorite game or even top 10

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
People have different taste in games, somewhat similar to how Wendys have different levels of quality versus how all pizza is the same

• 2Like
  • 2Rustled
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
And now live, from inside the Sony/Naughty Dog situation alert room.

• 1Worf

Kovaks

Mr. Poopybutthole
I know it means nothing to them, since I'm just one guy, but I was strongly considering getting a PS5, which would be my first PS since 2, but with the way they are handling all of this I won't only never play this game I can't see myself ever buying a Playstation either.

• 2Seriously?
  • 2Solidarity
  • 1Picard

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
I know it means nothing to them, since I'm just one guy, but I was strongly considering getting a PS5, which would be my first PS since 2, but with the way they are handling all of this I won't only never play this game I can't see myself ever buying a Playstation either.
What particular way are you talking about? I haven’t really seen much besides Sony trying to get the video taken down everywhere, which is not really all that unreasonable. That ND made a retarded game because druckmann is a colossal retard is just a reason not to buy their games

Kovaks

Mr. Poopybutthole
What particular way are you talking about? I haven’t really seen much besides Sony trying to get the video taken down everywhere, which is not really all that unreasonable. That ND made a retarded game because druckmann is a colossal retard is just a reason not to buy their games
Sure take down the leacked videos and even the pictures for the most part but the cease and desist to every little website, like ours,, talking about it, making memes and even infracting you tubers for just talking about the spoilers, not showing anything, is just really off putting.

• 1Like

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
yeah. i think there are some expected responses that make sense, removing leaked videos and whatnot, but there have been a TON of small time youtubers that have been evaporated just for talking about what happened. they aren't even showing footage or talking about spoilers, just giving their opinion ON the leaks. and if the opinion doesn't line up with "gamers are inherently toxic" then your stuff gets nuked from orbit.

it's very similar to the "free hong kong" stuff getting blasted without reason. except the reason is exceedingly obvious.

• 1Like

Caeden

I read their tweets and this is what I hear

D89C23DD-EF96-4D91-90AD-3FA7F567FC84.jpeg

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Golf Club is a really poor instrument to beat someone to death with anyways. You really want a good solid wooden bat. Or something with some nice weight to it.

j00t

Golf Club is a really poor instrument to beat someone to death with anyways. You really want a good solid wooden bat. Or something with some nice weight to it.

using a golf club for murder is stunning and brave

• 4Worf
  • 1Like

pwe

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I hear they are planning a soccer game called 'Girls with Balls'.

• 1Worf

goishen

Macho Ma'am
It always amazed me that people are speaking of leaks like they are bad, and that hackers are something to be stamped out and shamed. It seems to me that all journalists worth their salt have always asked the five "w" questions. What? When? Who? Where? And sometimes most importantly, why? Sometimes it's the "what" that's most important.

But no, all you people wanna hide behind your precious copyright laws, which last for longer than any of us will be alive.

Hackers are a good thing. Leaks are a good thing. Trust me, unless you wanna go out and buy this game, simply to prove some fat dude behind a desk that he was right. That you didn't know what fun is.

j00t

i've definitely benefited from them in the past, but i'd honestly be hard-pressed to ever argue that hackers and leaks as a whole are a "good thing."

it's kind of a weird deal because these leaks and spoilers revealed some serious flaws with the product. on one hand it has saved a lot of people the price of admission but it didn't CREATE the outrage, really. it just changed the timeframe that we all got pissy. also if the game ended up being really good but the leaks screwed people out of experiencing the story as it was meant to be (which in a sense, it has) we would be pissed at the leaks. imagine if someone leaked a video of Darth Malak unveiling Darth Revan.

the leaks themselves aren't cool. it's super shitty to screw people out of the income they would get from box sales, ESPECIALLY knowing what we know about the video game industry and how they get paid in bottle caps until the game is released. and the VAST majority of the people who make games aren't trying to preach some political message. they are just trying to do the best they can with their own personal little corner of the game. i'm not really a fan of druckman, but i don't want to hurt peon #4, who's job it was to animate joel's eye rolling out of his head, because that person had no say in anything. they got handed a to do list and a deadline.

Last edited: