The Leftovers

khorum

Murder Apologist
Hey, even Topless Prophet took a couple episodes to get rolling. Well, one and a half.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
The fact he rolled down the window to someone who knocked on it and not just ran like a fuckin bandit when he had all that cash means he should have got jacked for that cash.

Anyways to clarify all thats happened so far -

Wakandanz vanished
Wakandanz came back
now Wakandanz dont speak and formed a cult?
Super Black can take away peoples pain so long as hes banging underage asians?

• 1Picard
Reactions: 1 user

Szeth

Trakanon Raider
I don't think the people in white came back, it's just their fucked up way of coping with the loss of the departed.

• 1Solidarity

khorum

Murder Apologist
The guys in white are a cult called guilty remnants (gr). The books does a better job of explaining the explosion of neurotic cults after the rapture.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Show blows..shocked hbo gave it a go. Must be really low budget for them

• 1Picard

khorum

Murder Apologist
Yeah, thanks.

Anyways, the show is produced by Warner bros television, a discrete production studio, it's thefirst of several external buys HBO has made,which includes a fox show and a jj Abrams show also from warner tv.

Edit: the jj Abrams show is actually just produced by his bad robot studio, the show is westworld and will be created by showrunner Jonathan Nolan of dark knight fame.

khalid

Unelected Mod
This show is definitely pulling a Lost. Spoiler for book readers
All this mystical shit wasn't in the book at all from what I remember. So is it all complete red herrings to make non-book readers (and maybe even us) believe that we will get some sort of explanation or more drama in it than the book gives?

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Ok well yeah the show i guess explained it in a way that confused - so the people who vanished never actually came back?(yet) and the people in white are just some weirdos who decided not to ever speak again? I think i better just wiki it because as it stands now its a show without a purpose which makes it hard to get into.

Gask

Silver Baron of the Realm
The reverend's episode was actually alright because he at least has his reasons for being the way he is despite being a hypocrite and a poor Christian; it was at least engaging (despite retarded parking lot scene). The cop and his family though... its as if they are being a bunch of emo douchebags merely for the sake of it. It's like mostly everyone else had something horrible happen to them and so they feel left out and are trying extra hard to fit in or something, at any rate I hate watching them and as a result dislike watching most of this show.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
My fault for not knowing that "created by Damon Lindelof" would equal a show as shitty as this one, but even I'm surprised. Binged through all of the aired episodes yesterday.... This show is terrible.

• 1Picard

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
----------------------------------------------------------------
My fault for not knowing that "created by Damon Lindelof" would equal a show as shitty as this one, but even I'm surprised. Binged through all of the aired episodes yesterday.... This show is terrible.
If last night's episode was as bad as the rest, I think I'll have to cut this one loose.

khorum

Murder Apologist
See that's the problem with Christian eschatology... The upside is pretty fucking boring.

If your carrot is an eternity of playing the the harp on a fluffy cloud with legions of smug Mormons, then you'd prolly wanna focus mainly on the stick too.

At least Muslims get 72 virgins.

spronk

FPS noob
every time i read this thread i feel like one of the best decisions ive made this year is not to watch this show

my life is pretty boring tbh

• 1Picard

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
every time i read this thread i feel like one of the best decisions ive made this year is not to watch this show

my life is pretty boring tbh
Last nights episode was the worst one yet. I'll monitor this thread, if you guys say something really cool starts happening I may pick this show back up.