The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
It might be a perfect 100 if it came out on a system that could run it smoothly!

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
Most the non-perfect scores do seem to have framerate as the only negative. But the game has so many things going on behind the scenes affecting performance - just watching some of these streams, how the world physically works seems really close to the real world. Wind, Gravity, fire, physics, etc.

spronk

FPS noob
bunch of streamings now are able to stream it so can just watch on twitch if you want, looks like fun but I'm pretty meh on the visuals but looks really fun to play. Probably will be my next game on wii u after HZD.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
LOL this is *far* from being a perfect game. Those review scores are goddamn ridiculous.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 4 users

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Maybe because I'm coming off watching streams of zero dawn, but this doesn't look great on stream.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
LOL this is *far* from being a perfect game. Those review scores are goddamn ridiculous.
Zelda games get pretty much the same treatment as GTA games. automatic perfect scores from the reviewers even though all the recent ones get pretty boring after 10-20 hours.

• 1Like

Malkav

French Madman
Yeah you have to factor in the hype and the fact that it's a Zelda game in the score.

For me, Horizon standing at 88 with 93 reviews as a new licence is way more telling than Zelda getting 98 with 50 reviews.

• 2Like
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 2 users

Namon

Blackwing Lair Raider
I personally think this game looks great... too bad it's hindered to a system that sounds like it is an utter piece of crap. I'm not even talking about the specs, the thing sounds like it has some serious hardware issues like the left stick being buggy and the battery. I already had all of this on let's wait to see what they do with it come holiday time due to the price. Now that reviews have come out pointing out these hardware related issues, I'm doubling down on that.

Rafterman

Molten Core Raider
The game is the best Zelda in a long time, maybe ever. Having said that it's going to get the typical Zelda treatment and be called the greatest game ever made and other ridiculous nonsense, and it's not. I'd also advise anyone playing both this and Horizon to always play Zelda first in the day because playing Horizon first will just show how underpowered Nintendo hardware is and how shit Zelda looks in comparison. I don't care how many fanboy reviewers claim the game is beautiful they're either just blinded by Nintendo or they're just literally blind. Art style only helps so much when saddled with low resolution and massive aliasing.

I dunno what it is about Zelda games where being a great game isn't enough and every reviewer loses their mind, but anyone who didn't see the gushing coming hasn't been paying attention to the curve that theses games get graded on compared other games.

Anyway, best Zelda game?...quite possibly. Best game ever?...not even close and might not even be the best game released this month.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
The game is the best Zelda in a long time, maybe ever. Having said that it's going to get the typical Zelda treatment and be called the greatest game ever made and other ridiculous nonsense, and it's not. I'd also advise anyone playing both this and Horizon to always play Zelda first in the day because playing Horizon first will just show how underpowered Nintendo hardware is and how shit Zelda looks in comparison. I don't care how many fanboy reviewers claim the game is beautiful they're either just blinded by Nintendo or they're just literally blind. Art style only helps so much when saddled with low resolution and massive aliasing.

I dunno what it is about Zelda games where being a great game isn't enough and every reviewer loses their mind, but anyone who didn't see the gushing coming hasn't been paying attention to the curve that theses games get graded on compared other games.

Anyway, best Zelda game?...quite possibly. Best game ever?...not even close and might not even be the best game released this month.
Well I'm pretty sure it's the best game released this month.

• 1Like

Fadaar

That guy
Zelda games get pretty much the same treatment as GTA games. automatic perfect scores from the reviewers even though all the recent ones get pretty boring after 10-20 hours.

I dunno about that. I hated GTA4 but I played the hell out of 5.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Meant to say in the last month, as in thirty days, not March. :)
We've had at least three excellent games released in the last 30 days with Nioh, HZD and now Zelda. For honor too, though that games just not my type.

Personally I think arguing over which is better is dumb, can't we just agree that it's a good time for gaming? Unless you are an Xbox fanboy, then lol@u

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
It's too good of a time for gaming. I can't play all this shit, man!

• 4Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Rafterman

Molten Core Raider
We've had at least three excellent games released in the last 30 days with Nioh, HZD and now Zelda. For honor too, though that games just not my type.

Personally I think arguing over which is better is dumb, can't we just agree that it's a good time for gaming? Unless you are an Xbox fanboy, then lol@u

I agree, I just get annoyed with the Zelda freakouts.

It's too good of a time for gaming. I can't play all this shit, man!

Yeah, the only reason I'm getting so much playtime in this week is because lucked into it. Took the week off a long time ago without even realizing these games were coming out during it. Bonus points for the other half being gone, too. I've done nothing but sleep and play games the last three days.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity

Muligan

Trakanon Raider

Not disputing the claim but just an interesting perspective and curious where/how it does fall amongst other games as most lists (not that you can trust very many sites candor magazines) would have 2-3 different Zelda games in the top 10-20 in the All-Time lists.

If this really does end up being amongst, if not the greatest Zelda ever as some people are claiming, then how is it not even the best game of the month.

Again, i'm not disputing or disagreeing but just trying to make sense of a lot of these reviews.

I just can't believe that this game is even the best Zelda and if it is then it's gotta rank pretty high over other games. Just looking for some clarity to give me an excuse to stop holding back my hype.

Prodigal

Shitlord, Offender of the Universe
<Bronze Donator>
Rafterman, I'm going to like your post even though I'm pretty damn salty I have to work.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users